A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 60 comments
I made a run at this in a car I've never had before in GT6. I was surprised even though I didn't get the strongest field.

upload_2017-10-25_23-28-57.png

what car has been the most Successfull? could it be the Mercedes sl600? the zz11 perhaps? I tried the lcc rocket im not a good driver and i was only 4th place with lttle practice Ascari is a bugger track for me.

Last edited:
thanks i got a win with the ZZ11 if i wanna be safe? well i got 10 secs of penalty and still won by a close margin. The Zonda was not in the line up though. The ford GT 06 was the pole car.

what car has been the most Successfull? could it be the Mercedes sl600? the zz11 perhaps? I tried the lcc rocket im not a good driver and i was only 4th place with lttle practice Ascari is a bugger track for me.

I wouldn't recommend the SL600, I had to use some crazy suspension settings to get it to turn well. So far the ZZll has been the easiest win for me. I think the Audi R8 chromeline would be good too since it has adjustable aero at both ends. Look for a field with the Ford GT or Viper listed P1 or P2. When the Zonda shows up its going to be a more challenging race.

The Alpine VGT or the Nissan 2020 VGT, the latter would suit you better because of the 4WD.

Conquered the fancy super cars with the '03 Chevy SSR. The tune was part @Bowtie-muscle and @ishikawa2501. I did the transmission and between the 3 of us; great community effort put the fancy pants in the dust. Next up will be the F150 Lightning. I have the tune tested but don't have the time today to run it. Once again thanks to @Jordan for making this such a great community and continuing to make :gtplanet: the best on the net. It is very nice that you can reach out to someone that is not in your friends list and get such great help.:cheers:

Attachments

• 20171027_141416[1].jpg
    20171027_141416[1].jpg
    76 KB · Views: 30
Did it again in a Pickup Truck. This time it was the '03 F150 Lightning. My own tune. :crazy: It's ok it took me 3 attempts as I was fine tuning in the first 2 races. First race was a 4th, that run loaded with penalties at the kink on the start/finish line. They all line up one behind the other so you just have to wait or get a penalty, which I did because it was the 5th lap. 2nd run was a 3rd place finish due to overdriving the corner and getting in the grass. Nevertheless I learned from my mistakes both with the field and my tune. 3rd time was the charm. Now to see what I can do with the Toyota. Thanks to @skeagracing and @ishikawa2501 for their help on the SSR because it led me to a better understanding of setting up a truck.

Edit: I also need to give thanks to @Bowtie-muscle because he was the first person I contacted out of the blue and the gracious help he gave me.

Edit 2: Won this again in a pickup. This time the Toyota Tacoma. Fast lap of 2:14.141. Tune by me. IMHO this is the best handling of the 4. I was already up to 6th place on lap 2. Passed the lead car at the beginning of lap 4. Weird penalty of 2 seconds as I was racing side by side with another car. I've never seen a 2 sec. penalty in all of the Expert Races I've run. My 5th lap was flat out, slide sideways but the truck handled so well I did not spin out. Really fun race race mainly because this is the 2nd of my own tunes that I have won with. I have had much help with tuning. I thank @Jeje6410, @skeagracing, @Motor City Hami and @ishikawa2501. If I forgot anyone I apologize. Let me know and I'll gladly add you to the list.

Attachments

• F150 Lightning.jpg
    F150 Lightning.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Lightning.jpg
    Lightning.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 24
  • my Tacoma.jpg
    my Tacoma.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Toyota Tacoma win.jpg
    Toyota Tacoma win.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I havent tried anything on the F150 yet, but so far, the Tacoma is where is at!
I could not help having a big smile on my face whenever I overtake a car I should not be able to do so!, and the rest of the cars look so small when you look at them from a pickup.
As for the penalties, aside from my own, in this race the real problem is the IA, mainly on the last chicane where it looooooooooooves to spin out of control, or those cars outta nowhere when you "ram" them when its the IA ramming at you trying to keep their ultra orthodox lines.
It is really an interesting challenge, after the Ferrari race I had rekindle my joy for Ascari, Its like dating a crush, but having to deal with the little brothers while doing so

I havent tried anything on the F150 yet, but so far, the Tacoma is where is at!
I could not help having a big smile on my face whenever I overtake a car I should not be able to do so!, and the rest of the cars look so small when you look at them from a pickup.
As for the penalties, aside from my own, in this race the real problem is the IA, mainly on the last chicane where it looooooooooooves to spin out of control, or those cars outta nowhere when you "ram" them when its the IA ramming at you trying to keep their ultra orthodox lines.
It is really an interesting challenge, after the Ferrari race I had rekindle my joy for Ascari, Its like dating a crush, but having to deal with the little brothers while doing so

I know what you mean. For me it is just a great feeling when you pass a Gallardo or some other exotic car with a pickup truck that cost about 1/10 th of what the others would cost in real life. I am very grateful for your help.👍 Have you considered the Chevy SST? I bought one bt haven't driven it yet. I have a few minutes before supper time so I'm going to test it in Test Drive stock and see how it feels. :cheers:

I have a tuned El Camino but not sure how I feel about it as a truck. To me it is a Chevelle with a big trunk.:lol:

Just out of curiosity Nowcontrol, do you think you will go to GT Sport?

Yes @Dalone .. I hope so, soon. 👍 I am currently gathering funds to buy the Limited Edition GT PS4....

i1XlGbut4HeiMSB.png

Also I am eagerly waiting for some news on updates to properly fix the current DS4 steering lock problems I've been reading about because I cannot and will not buy a new wheel. :grumpy: I still have my DFGT and could buy a Drivehub to make it work with the PS4 but that is just another expense I cannot afford to pay out for just yet. :boggled:

I do hope they will introduce some regular Time Trials and A-spec races to GT:S in the same format that we have here. ;)

The only other pickup truck I could find was the Chevy SST. I don't really like this truck because you can't personalize it. I haven't since it first appeared I believe in GT4. So I went in search of another type truck/SUV. I found the Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13. I really like the look of this Rover and it's a coupe. So I bought one, tuned it myself and beat the Zonda CS12 7.3 and got under 12 minutes by second. This Rover is a fun drive, very steady, has both good torque and HP at 550 PP. There are plenty of cars to use but I thought trucks would make it more interesting.:lol:

Edit: I did try the Chevy SST. It was not a fun race but managed a 3rd. I found a tune by @GhostRider65 but did not follow every spec of the tune. I want to make sure ya'll understand it had nothing to do with @GhostRider65 tune. The tune was for 500 PP and maybe this truck would do OK at 500PP, but at 550 PP leaves a lot in the pits. It had a bad case of understeer that I tried everything I have learned to compensate. I was able to help it a bit but not enough to do any real good. My fastest lap was a 2:19.887, most were in the 20's. Maybe I can improve it or some else. I'm gonna try with some plain vanilla cars.:lol:

Attachments

• Range Rover Evoque.jpg
    Range Rover Evoque.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20171029_142357[1].jpg
    20171029_142357[1].jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Quite a fun race this. Had a third place in an R34 at 530pp (I think) on SH, straight from the TT at Willow.

I should have won but I bounced off the p2 on the final lap in that banked curve and went off. P1 and 2 were together, I think it was the One-77 that won.

Haven't tried the race a second time yet.

The Nissan and Aston Martin VGT's gave me relatively easy wins. The Nissan was better suited to this, but I didn't do any tuning to the Aston so it has possibilities to be much faster. The Zonda was the rabbit when I ran the Nissan, and I got the One-77 when I ran the Aston VGT ( quite appropriate! ) I'm going to try the Range Rover that @Racin510s used and I've got a nice Mazda MX Crossport too. And then there's a Pike's Peak Quattro that did pretty good in the recent Trial Mountain QM.

No more trucks to run so I went looking for something unexpected. The Chrysler Prowler. 514 PP maxed out with every part available. The tune was part @Jeje6410 and part of my own. This really scoots and is not intimidated by the super cars. Handles almost like on rail but you can still make the tail come out. I thought about the 300 but it is so ugly I wouldn't put it in my stockyard. Fast lap was 2:17.4. All laps except lap 1 were in the 17's. I guess everyone that could has gone off the GT Sport.:(

Attachments

• 20171030_171351[1].jpg
    20171030_171351[1].jpg
    73 KB · Views: 16
I'm here. Drove the stock X Bow. Good stuff. GTO Ferrari too.
Thanks Cory.👍 I have run all of my Ferraris. That's when I started with the trucks. The Rover is a fun ride. Next I was thinking maybe the Volvo Station Wagon. Stock PP is a little over 300 and it's kinda heavy. Got nothing else to do so I'll try it. I could run some MX5's. After the Ferrari Event at Ascari I have developed a fondness for this track.:cheers:

Last edited:
Great race starting on lap four when I was running in P4 with the following cars all running together; Ford GT P3, Corvette in P2 and Aston Martin in P1. It’s great when they are all lined up like that because you know that you do not want to get greedy when passing and get a penalty or worse get KO by them. Well I passed the Ford GT with no problem but after that let the banging begin from the two front runners. I passed the Corvette at The Screw Curve and he bagged on me and passed me back on the same corner with no penalty for him. I had to pass him back at The Senna’s Curve to take P2. Next up the nasty Aston Martin who really laid into me “Big Time”. As you all know the Lotus Elise weights about half as much as these other cars. Anyway I passed the Aston Martin at the Spa Corner and he gave me a super almost knock out hit at Petit Eue Rouge corner and passed me. I was finally able to pass him back and took the lead on the outside at The Daytona Curve. I was so mad and happy at the same time that I had my fastest lap on lap 5. Fast lap 2:13.019. Winning margin 08.135

Last edited:
I've started picking random cars I haven't used before for the seasonals now, even if they sometimes prove to be not good enough - that Intermediate race... :banghead:

This one got the original Zonda C12; oil changed and all non-PP mods added, which left it at about 526PP if I remember right. A quick tune and I got the win straight away. The C12 on SM tyres has so much grip that it almost feels like cheating.

I've run all kinds of vehicles in this event if anyone noticed. This time I chose my favorite Z. The '08 Fairlady Z, that has a supercharger. I sorta felt like using this car would be cheating based on everything else I have run. I do have one more surprise car but haven't gotten the kinks out yet. Big issue with the gearbox. I've flipped at FG 4.500 and 5.00 and to get the speed I need I haven't found yet, even though it blisters all the corners I don't have enough top speed for the only long straight.

Back to being on topic. Very easy run with the Z, most of the tune is mine and I think it started from@shaunm80. You can accelerate very well from the corners is is very fast. I was hoping for the 7.3 Zonda or the One-77 Aston. I'll keep recirculating until I have one of both as these seem to be the fastest rabbits. My fast lap was 2:13.001

Attachments

• 08 Fairlady Z.jpg
    08 Fairlady Z.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 21
  • My Z.jpg
    My Z.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 19
After hours of trial and error my surprise car got it done. It was not against the fastest of the rabbits but the Zonda was there as well as the Lambo's and the SLR it's not what I would call an easy group of cars, but I'm very happy with the results. I chose this car because I saw a YouTube video of the different cars and levels of customization. This Alpine has more custom parts than most of the other cars in the game. I really like the exhaust note and it is fun to drive. You just have to remember that you are driving a RR car. Can't tell how many times I lost the rear and did 360s:crazy::lol:. It was a lot of fun just getting it ready for Ascari. I finally cured the problem by keeping the gearbox stock, but changing the individual gears and final drive. Flipped at 4.500 or 5.00 I could never get the speed I needed. I also did not have the LSD set right. Once I got the LSD set properly I achieved my goal. They're no slouches when it came to the competition. A 1600cc car against a V8 Benz:mischievous:.

After seeing the new Super Laps and that the 🤬 GSX/R is what all the top times are, no thank you. The Race Car lap I am going to try my newly acquired Ferrari 330 P4. Thanks to @skeagracing this car handles wonderfully and I'm hoping the tune will wort at the Ring.

Attachments

• Alpine A110 1600.jpg
    Alpine A110 1600.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 17
  • My Alpine.jpg
    My Alpine.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 16
I got a win in the Tacoma even with a spin and a penalty, but it wasn't much fun at all. That thing has limited grip at 500pp, 550 on SM was pretty wild.
I also did not have the LSD set right. Once I got the LSD set properly I achieved my goal.
Would you mind sharing your LSD settings? I'd like to try this one out.

If by spin you mean that you spun out of control, then you have to bring down the LSD acceleration.
for every truck I also incremented the LSD braking because even the lightest truck gets tricky if you dont brake early.
Most of the time GT "suggest" a LSD of 10/40/20 when you purchase it, but typically for a car that you brought way beyond its usual HP I would try starting with a 7/20/20 and bringing up the acceleration from there until you reach the point where you get comfortable on the curves without trading off too much acceleration.
For the brakes, start by setting the brakes to whatever setting you like in the suspension section, and then fine tune the braking setting in the LSD section, but for a pickup its a "safe bet" to start high (at 20-25) and then bringing it down until you get good braking without losing control of the truck.
Please note, I play on a sixaxis, so my recommended LSD accel initial settings might be too low and the braking ones too high, due to the fact that a wheel and pedals gets you finer control.

Yes @Dalone .. I hope so, soon. 👍 I am currently gathering funds to buy the Limited Edition GT PS4....

i1XlGbut4HeiMSB.png

Also I am eagerly waiting for some news on updates to properly fix the current DS4 steering lock problems I've been reading about because I cannot and will not buy a new wheel. :grumpy: I still have my DFGT and could buy a Drivehub to make it work with the PS4 but that is just another expense I cannot afford to pay out for just yet. :boggled:

I do hope they will introduce some regular Time Trials and A-spec races to GT:S in the same format that we have here. ;)
That is the one I purchased because it came with the game, $460 at JB Hi=Fi. Also went and bought the G29, wasn't sure about the tricks to get my G27 to recognise the PS4.
And yes, looking forward to dedicated time trials like in GT6 (but perhaps 1 or 2 week limits instead of 4) but have no idea when or if they will be added.

I didn't forget about the trucks, just been awfully busy.
I'll post my tunes for the SVT F150 and the Silverado SST.
To be perfectly sincere, I dindt like my tune of the F150 that much. It allowed me to win, but cant shake this uneasy feeling.
As for the Silverado SST, I think this tune is good, because I achieved good acceleration and braking while not trading too much maneuverability. I didnt go any further, even as I think I could get that back wheels camber angle lower (.2-.4 grades), because it would imply investing even more time to an already delayed post. So there you go

Attachments

• SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp01.jpg
    SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp01.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 15
  • SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp02.jpg
    SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp02.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 15
  • SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp03.jpg
    SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp03.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 14
  • SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp05.jpg
    SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp05.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 14
  • SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp04.jpg
    SilveradoSST_ASCARI_550pp04.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
  • SVTF150_ASCARI_550pp01.jpg
    SVTF150_ASCARI_550pp01.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 17
  • SVTF150_ASCARI_550pp02.jpg
    SVTF150_ASCARI_550pp02.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 15
  • SVTF150_ASCARI_550pp03.jpg
    SVTF150_ASCARI_550pp03.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 15
  • SVTF150_ASCARI_550pp04.jpg
    SVTF150_ASCARI_550pp04.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 14
This seasonal really doesn't like me, I had a couple of races now with 2 Zonda's and an AR One-77 in one line-up. The Scooby S206 and the Honda HSC can both do 2:09 laps.

Back