A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 184 comments
Finally got the job done in the Ferrari 599. :gtpflag:

The AI gave me (green) hell but aside from a gentle side-to-side brush as they tried to move across on the straight, I kept it clean. Stock power & weight, as far as I remember, with perhaps an oil change. It took an 8:14.550 (7:20 lap) to finally get the win, so I'm truly envious of anyone who golded with times in the 8:20+ bracket.
I tried a couple of sweet-handling MR cars beforehand (523PP Evora and stock power/weight Ferrari SP1, both of which ran ~8:23), but found the brute force of the 599 worked better. Instant power oversteer in the slow stuff kept it interesting! :eek:

Try to guess what song I was listening to... ;)

aRzqBAg.jpg

kmzXoij.jpg

Loving this seasonal... the choice of weapons are endless!!!

Cheers

I did it, I thought it was impossible from the first week of this seasonal until yesterday when the best I could was a 8.05.
I got a bit over excited when I did it lucky the missus wasn't here (she hates me playing the game).
Don't know what to do know maybe try for a 7.58.
And I thought I was quicker in the Tommy Kairra ZZ11.
DSC00366.JPG

For a change of pace, I also found out that the Buick Special can win on the 'Ring::)

View attachment 647391

A picture just as I'm about to pass the race leading SRT Viper ACR who is mighty surprised to see a Buick overtaking him:D

View attachment 647392

The Buick is a complete boat driving thru the corners but once it gets hooked up going down a straight: watch out!!:)
:cheers:
I had to try the Buick Special after your post @GTsail. With no expectations of winning of course. Ah but my expectations were still too high. I love the look and sound of this car, but driving it on the ring is like driving a bar of soap on a wet floor. Awesome accomplishment sir! :bowdown: :cheers:

I cannot keep that Lotus in a straight line but its quick. My best time is a 8.24 in it.
@Tony ray I raced this car for Lotus so all you have to do is "counter steer and step on the gas
simultaneously" and it will keep it straight anywhere. So any time when you are taking a corner and the car starts to slide off the track do both at the same time. You will be amazed as it work every time for sure and you will stay on track. When I have a minute I will post the tune too. Your natural instincts is to step off the gas and steer as normal and that you do not want to do with this car.

Last edited:
I took two laps in the 430 Scuderia using a @Bowtie-muscle tune. This is another fantastic car that is too much fun! I got the win on my second lap, passing the Zonda on the long straight and the TZ3 Stradale around Tiergarten, or the first curve after the long straight. This car could be much faster in better hands, it corners like it's on rails and hits close to 190 mph on the straight.
:cheers:
20170522_212648.jpg

Tune for Lotus Esprit V8
488HP-1,150kg
Front Rear Weight Distribution 45:55
Tires-Sport Medium F/R
Suspension Brake Balance 3/2
110/95
3.91/5.70
10/1
10/10
7/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.05
Transmission
Max. Speed 193
Final Gear 5.157 Differential Gear 15/10/35
1-2.399
2-1.545
3-1.089
4-0.814
5-0.645
Power Limiter 75.2
Body
Ballast Weight 20kg
Ballast Position 50%
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sport Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sport
Intake Tuning
Wheels Inch up:2
OZ Racing $8,000
Rear Wing Standard
See report #172 for the rest.

Last edited:
Here's a challenge for all the aliens, what's the best time for the Spyker C8? Without a doubt this is a 7-minute lap car if you can make it handle, I've yet to find a good grippy tune.

Anyone have settings for the Diablo GT? Car is a handful!

Also the intro is so long, wtf were thinking? Almost thought I was in B-Spec when i raced the first time.

Thanks for the tune Skeagracing. Ended up doing a 8.16 which is a 8sec improvement but its still a handful but lots of fun.
Tune for Lotus Esprit V8
488HP-1,150kg
Front Rear Weight Distribution 45:55
Tires-Sport Medium F/R
Suspension Brake Balance 3/2
110/95
3.91/5.70
10/1
10/10
7/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.05
Transmission
Max. Speed 193
Final Gear 5.157 Differential Gear 15/10/35
1-2.399
2-1.545
3-1.089
4-0.814
5-0.645
Power Limiter 75.2
Body
Ballast Weight 20kg
Ballast Position 50%
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sport Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sport
Intake Tuning
Wheels Inch up:2
OZ Racing $8,000
Rear Wing Standard
See report #172 for the rest.

Wish I could've spent more time with the game to find a better set up to win this race with, but I somehow wound up in a R34 and got a slow field with a rabbit that crashed twice, heh. Only towards the end of the race did I realise I was still running on the stock Sports Hard tyres I was tuning on. Still won! XD

DSC_0121_zpsf2ix3xfa.jpg

Needless to say the time could be WAY better given correct tyres and a bit more time with the car, but a win is a win and I really don't care about this Seasonal anymore.

The only thing "Expert" about this stupid event is trying to pass the stupid AI on Nordschleife. Even on SH tyres I had to slam my brakes to not rear end the AI, who were more than happy to ramme off the road. Who even thought this to be a good idea. Most sports cars at 550PP feel really airy and nervous at 550PP speeds, and most supercars need to be crippled just to fall into 550. It's truly my most disliked tier. Can't seem to find "the one" car for it without resorting to the usual MP4/ NSX-R LM/ Dino/ GSX-R4.

Tried the Japanese Lotus and the same thing happened, Very fast bang wall, very fast bang wall , very very fast rolled it.
Seems like anything Lotus and we don't get along. If I ever end up getting a Lotus in real life I will be getting a roll cage.

Latest Posts

Back