A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 184 comments
I decided to try out some Ford products, so I tuned up the two Ford GT's and ran a few races, and was able to get them both under the 8 minute mark:

First up was the Ford GT '06:

33761600513_5f8aaff495_k (1).jpg

And then I switched over to the Ford GT '05:

33781695203_6bdaf0982f_k.jpg

They are fairly similar, but I found that the Ford GT '05 was a little more tail happy. This allowed me to rotate the car thru the turns a little better, but I also had to be slightly extra careful to not loose the rear-end and cause a spin-out:eek:
Both Ford GT's are quite fast so you get to blast down the final straight!:)
:cheers:

As I put above I was wrong version for this race. After that is only a game. I have two versions: one in 500 PP with 331 hp and another in 550 PP with 487 hp. This is the 550 PP used here. After that is just a game. It is not comparable with reality. I know very well that a guy will never buy a Pagani with 331 hp. Now it is my choice to propose several versions. For the game this still remains nice cars to drive for those who want.
I agree!!

Its a bit of a challenge,:eek: but the RUF CTR2 '96 is fast enough to go under the 8 minute mark as well:

View attachment 646147

Pedal to the floor and hold on for a wild ride:scared::)
I won with the RUF CTR '96 over the Murcielago. Fast lap 7:22.950. Yes super wild ride as you have to counter-steer going into a corner and counter-steer out of the corner. Also after counter-steering if you do not go back to top dead center you will spin out. The RUF Porsche is an excellent tool to develop/practice inducing and recovering from, over-steer until it is a sublime and measured drift, balanced with the fingertips and a deft foot on the throttle. And that's just for starters.

Will post video later. Glad you won with this car as it is a handful for sure. Bravo to you @GTsail :cheers:.

Last edited:
The Ring is the most rewarding 8 minutes of the game IMO. A big thanks to all who post suggestions for the best cars and tunes to try...this thread delivers. Hoping I can break into the 7.xx's before the event is over, but even if I don't, it's still a fun race.View attachment 646902View attachment 646903View attachment 646904View attachment 646905View attachment 646906View attachment 646907

@MoparGTS very impressive with all the different cars. I agree with you it is a fun 8 minutes with a good payout. I've tried numerous cars and have run P2 12 times. My only wins have been in the NSX-R LM and all around 8:22. I've put in probably thousands of miles at the Ring since GT1 and have only found very few cars that I can win with. I have run under 8 minutes before but not on SM tires. Way to go 👍👍

Which ever I don't crash but I think the LFA. Tried the normal LFA as well but it seems the Nurburgring is better which would make sense in reality.

Thanks for the info!👍
I tuned up my LFA Nurburgring Package and was able to crack 8 minutes with it:

34562205736_c1cdf5af95_k.jpg

The LFA has a very strong motor so its very fast, but its handling is suspect so it took some work before I was able to run a lap under the 8 minute mark.:banghead: In my hands, the LFA had a tendency to over-rotate which would cause me to spin-out or make it necessary to get on the binders much harder than I would have liked to keep up my speed thru the corners.:scared:

I also ran the Ferrari 458 Italia '09 and went under 8 minutes as well:

34568895716_2fd40a945e_k.jpg

The 458 Italia is not as fast as the LFA but is better handling and I think I could run slightly better and more consistent laps. It also feels like its tires have more grip so you can power thru the corners somewhat better. With some more practice, I think I could shave off another second or two from my lap times.

Last edited:
A word of warning the Honda Dualnote is useless around the Nordschleife, 4wd my foot. I thought hybrid and 4wd should be good but it wasn't, oversteer everywhere and four smoking tires above 200 kmh.

The Mercedes Vision was great and had a higher topspeed than expected and a 8 minutes blank total lap time.

A lot of different cars posted here so I tried the Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00. I HATE the brakes on that car! The video shows me messing up the first turn horribly and I almost hit the restart button....I could never get the right feel with the brakes using the SVT. I used my own crappy tune and "tried" to upload a clean race. The car is much faster than what my time and video shows.

On another note... I had to stop my physical rehab due to other problems. Trainwreck Disabled Racer now has to be checked for thyroid cancer and other things! Kinda hard to race with double vision! :lol: Now I have another excuse as to why my times are slower! :D

Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 Ring Standings.jpg

Last edited:
I finally found the tune for the NSX-R LM that I have won with many times now. The tune was from @Stotty, report#70 in the previous Eifel Flat Super Lap. Thanks so much @Stotty this tune is awesome for the Ring and I can't thank you enough. Without your tune I would have never won this race as I ran P2 17 before using multiple cars and tunes.:bowdown:👍👍👍:cheers:

I did some further reading in the Eifel event where I found @Stotty tune and I believe the car has +2 wheels. The tune I posted has standard size wheels. I'm going to buy another one and go +2 and see if makes a difference. Once again great tune @Stotty

Last edited:
@coryclifford I'm not sure I understand, but appreciate your input.👍 So I went back and copied the post as this was the only thing I knew to do. I guess I need to read the rules again:dunce::lol:

Nov 9, 2015
Report #70
Tune as promised...

NSX-R LM Road Car
No power upgrades, power limiter @ 93.4
Weight reduction stg 3
Downforce 350 600
Chassis strengthening

Should be 478bhp, 1,143kg, 550ppts

Ride Height 85 80
Springs 4.43 6.61
Bound 5 5
Rebound 5 5
ARB 7 7
Camber 0 0
Toe 0 0
Brakes 5 3
LSD 5 10 5

I've experimented with harder dampers, and have been well ahead of my ghost using 7's all round, but this is the set up i used for my best time so far.

Gears... not sure how I got these as they were already on the car from a previous event - sorry! May just need set max speed to min then set the gears, may need to fiddle about with the final before setting them. If you can match this set, you won't need anything lower than 3rd.

Max speed min
1st 4916
2nd 3605
3rd 2969
4th 2467
5th 2103
6th 1829
Final 3000

Tune is built using active steering strong - if you don't want to use AS you may need to reduce front ride height to get a similar balance. Otherwise, if it's too unstable, adjust as per my post on page 2 to suit your ability level... faster drivers can reduce rear ride height if they want a bit more rotation.

Maybe you should try the Acura DN-X instead... ;)

nKqDivN.jpg

Cheers

Played "Paint It, Black" twice in a row and still wasn't finished, won with the Acura in about 8:18 but painted the Ring black. Still not gelling with this car. Going to use neither of the two again on this seasonal.

Played "Paint It, Black" twice in a row and still wasn't finished, won with the Acura in about 8:18 but painted the Ring black. Still not gelling with this car. Going to use neither of the two again on this seasonal.

Well just in case you'd like to try it again, I'll give you my tune I threw on the DN-X... I found it surprisingly fun to drive, and worked great using power sliding to my advantage. I did 4 races in it, winning all four, with the fourth's time as I posted earlier. Maybe it will help you, maybe not. Not everybody like the same tuning style.

Suspension:

RH: 55/70
SR: 9.25/13.00
DC: 4/5
DE: 5/4
AB: 4/4
CA: 0.0/0.0
TA: 0.00/0.00
BB: 5/5 Racing

Transmission: (Do Last)

(Reset to default after power changes)
FG: 5.000 (I'm pretty sure, if not try 5.500)
Max speed to Min.
FG: 3.100
So gears should be as follows...
1st: 3.190
2nd: 2.270
3rd: 1.713
4th: 1.350
5th: 1.112
6th: 0.955

Drivetrain:

8/10
10/15
10/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft

Power:

96.5%
Stage 1 Engine
Sports ECU
Sports Exhaust
Sports Manifold
Sports Cat. Con.
Sports Intake

Body:

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
48 kg ballast @ -50

This will get you 550pp, 499hp, 1,200kg, 48/52 Weight Dist., 334ft-lb torque, 2.40 kg/HP.

I found with this setup, you brake just a touch earlier than normal, but get on the gas early to straighten out of the power slides. For my style of driving, it was well balanced and decently quick for acceleration. Don't slam on the brakes, just pump them quickly on off on off. I always use TC1 ABS 5. Hope it helps...

Cheers

Last edited:
Back