A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 134 comments
Damn, I considered going back to check my frustration level, but what a fantastic time. Crushing really. What tune are you using?
The 905B Evo is the best to use, there are some tunes I think from the last TT we had for this track it will get you in the low 10 minutes easy.

Here is the 10.07.948

low 10 minutes easy.
You need to do the math. At the start line you are already 30 sec down, so if you want to run low 10 minutes, you need 3 laps between 3.10 and 3.12 (9.35 remaining divided by 3 for 10.05). Now, the slower you go at least the first lap (to pass the opponents), the faster you need to go the last 2 laps to recover the time you lost behind. So, if you run 3.14.0 first lap and want to finish under 10.05, you need two 3.10 flat laps. Now going back to the TT event on Soft tires, 3.10 flat will put you on the 779th spot overall, and you need to run 2 of the same quality laps in a row. Now go back and recall how, the slower you run the first lap, the faster you need to squeeze the 2 remaining laps. Fascinating, isn't it?

Last edited:
1.11_92Nissan-R92CP_Lap-one-time_3.28.973.JPG 1.11_92Nissan-R92CP_Lap-one-time_3.28.973.JPG
Here is the 10.07.948

You need to do the math. At the start line you are already 30 sec down, so if you want to run low 10 minutes, you need 3 laps between 3.10 and 3.12 (9.35 remaining divided by 3 for 10.05). Now, the slower you go at least the first lap (to pass the opponents), the faster you need to go the last 2 laps to recover the time you lost behind. So, if you run 3.14.0 first lap and want to finish under 10.05, you need two 3.10 flat laps. Now going back to the TT event on Soft tires, 3.10 flat will put you on the 779th spot overall, and you need to run 2 of the same quality laps in a row. Now go back and recall how, the slower you run the first lap, the faster you need to squeeze the 2 remaining laps. Fascinating, isn't it?

Hmmm, interesting enough I had to see for myself. Went back to one of the runs I saved to take a look. Running the '92 Nissan R92RCP lap 1 - 3:28.973, lap 2 - 3:18.986, lap 3 - 3:88.368 (eased off to ensure no screw ups once I saw the Minolta gave up),, total time - 10:36.327 with a win margin of 05.302 seconds. We're now guessing math perhaps doesn't always tell the story eh? ;)

Attachments

• 1.22_92Nissan-R92CP_Lap-two-time_3.18.986.JPG
    1.22_92Nissan-R92CP_Lap-two-time_3.18.986.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.23_92Nissan-R92CP_Lap-three-time_3.88.368.JPG
    1.23_92Nissan-R92CP_Lap-three-time_3.88.368.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
The 905B Evo is the best to use, there are some tunes I think from the last TT we had for this track it will get you in the low 10 minutes easy.

I believe you're right. I gave myself 5 tries, the first two had 5-second penalties, and that last two were separated by only .577, so I'm sure they're close to the final. I could probably hammer it and save a second per lap, but that's still not impressive in my book, so meh, I'll wait for the next set of races.

905B.jpg

I believe you're right. I gave myself 5 tries, the first two had 5-second penalties, and that last two were separated by only .577, so I'm sure they're close to the final. I could probably hammer it and save a second per lap, but that's still not impressive in my book, so meh, I'll wait for the next set of races.

905B.jpg
The one thing I hate about this race is when you go pass the leader on the straight and they catch you in no time, I had a enough of this race and I will do the other 2 events because they are mor fun.

The one thing I hate about this race is when you go pass the leader on the straight and they catch you in no time, I had a enough of this race and I will do the other 2 events because they are mor fun.

There was one time where the Rolo wrecked, and I left the Minolta by about 7 seconds at the end, but all other times I was the leader mid-way through the second lap, and the 2nd place car caught me like I was sitting still, no way to shake him. The good news is that he was just scenery, no ramming at all, didn't even come up beside me under braking.

Short story: This is pretty easy. But the AI is fake, No way a AI With the same PP as me can get so fast. I win it easy but on the long straight they go to fast for this pp.

Short story: This is pretty easy. But the AI is fake, No way a AI With the same PP as me can get so fast. I win it easy but on the long straight they go to fast for this pp.

I believe the AI all have their downforce at 0, and the computer keeps control of the car. It would explain a lot, not the acceleration out of the sand/grass and such, but the top speeds for sure.

I believe the AI cars are 100% stock, and the computer has control. And it's been that way since the game came out. It's called a challenge. A game. The point of the game. Round and round the complaining goes. :D

I believe the AI cars are 100% stock, and the computer has control. And it's been that way since the game came out. It's called a challenge. A game. The point of the game. Round and round the complaining goes. :D
No way the AI is must faster at the long straight. I think they have no downforce or they have much more pp (hp). Or and thats maybe a cons they can make them fast on the long straights so if you for them they can put a boost, I think thats the most possible.

Or, the computer pulls the same rubberband tricks it has since the beginning. 💡

Notice the computer cars run out of speed as they top out their gears? Cause stock.
I dont know. But they have something to stay behind you, Dont matter How fast you go.

Notice the computer cars run out of speed as they top out their gears? Cause stock.

This is not true, as I've been past the stock top speed on a car via trans tuning and had them freight-train me with the very same car. Doesn't really matter what it is, all these negative things that the AI do are simply disrespectful in a game of this caliber, and proof that PD doesn't really know how to do it right. There are other ways to make challenges.

Pick any car the computer uses, leave it stock (PP limited) then go follow that guy in the same car around. Their boost is because their car is stock (not PP limited) but once you draft it, and get to the same speed, you both top out at the same speed.

That's how it goes with me.

Haven't had a go at this event yet, but thinking I'm going to have to get one of the old 80's/90's LM cars out of the garage for a few laps! Or maybe the SX4 for ****s and giggles...

GTR Concept Race Car - ever see those YouTube vids of those crazy 1000+ HP GTR's? That's what this car is, and she's probably my favourite car in the game. Just awesome throttle induced oversteer and almost no understeer. The 7 speed tranny just adds to the glory. She comes with nitrous and has a unique engine note.. what more could you want!!! Don't forget to see the glitch near the end of the vid. No penalty in that corner which helped me get the win. Enjoy :)

Rigidity No and Oil Yes (rigidity will give you more stability but less drifty and fun)

65/65
min/12.5
1/1
1/1
6/7
0/0
0/-.04

Trans: Reset to default -> Final Gear 3.735 -> Set max speed to min -> Final Gear 2.000
1 - 4.263
2 - 3.236
3 - 2.556
4 - 2.085
5 - 1.758
6 - 1.532
7 - 1.325

5 / 10 / 15
Full Power
500/610 Dforce and 0 Ballast

Last edited:
This event it torture. I entered 6 times with the BMW V12 LM. I came 2nd on my first attempt, and followed that with a bunch of thirds and fourths. The penalties are ridiculous, and when I finally catch the lead rabbits on the bottom corner in the final lap I get penalised for ramming and don't have enough time to catch them again! And I didn't even touch them!! Arrrgghhh!! Rant over. Bed time.

Cockpit race. No aids. Tune by me. No penalties. P1 Toyota 7. P2 Toyota Minolta. P3 Sauber Mercedes-Benz. Pass for the win over the Pescarolo C60 at the end of lap 2 start/finish line start of lap 3. Winning margin over the Pescarolo C60 1.938. Fast lap 3:24.765. Fast lap on the first segment of the Mulsanne Straight in the draft 249MPH.

Hey @whySOSerious with the Toyota Minolta Toyota 88C-V '89 my best lap is a 3:11.542 but again the traffic destroy my chances of getting a good race time.

Good lap, but the satisfaction comes when you put the whole race together, no?

Don't forget to see the glitch near the end of the vid. No penalty in that corner which helped me get the win.

Bragging about cutting the track is childish my friend. That is not a glitch. They've omitted to put invisible walls or set up penalties for cutting the last chicane. What do you have there is not a win. Ask yourself if you like racing or you just want to cheat your way to the finish. Racing, in real life or in the virtual world, is about respecting other competitors, race officials and spectators. By respect, I mean competing between the accepted (by regulations and your fellow friends and partners in the race) limits of the track. To make this explanation simple for "cheaters" - a boy will cheat, a racer will respect and push to win fair and square. Cheating wont bring you any admiration here. Usually, members of this community ask for the cheaters using glitches in the game, to be banned from PSN. Do you want that to happen?

Cockpit race. No aids. Tune by me. No penalties. P1 Toyota 7. P2 Toyota Minolta. P3 Sauber Mercedes-Benz. Pass for the win over the Pescarolo C60 at the end of lap 2 start/finish line start of lap 3. Winning margin over the Pescarolo C60 1.938. Fast lap 3:24.765. Fast lap on the first segment of the Mulsanne Straight in the draft 249MPH.

That's some decent driving there! :cheers:

@whySOSerious funny thing when a human tells you to respect AI computer players and then attacks a real human (me) by calling me boy and threatening to ban me. I'm sure people appreciate knowing they can get an extra 400k for use in other actually competitive modes in the game. Just seeing you're other posts now and man I think you need to take a step back, you just take everything a little too seriously if you know what I mean lol

@TonyJZX She is a race winner if you don't drift a lot like I did in that race. It's just more fun to drive her sideways

Last edited:
GTR Concept Race Car - ever see those YouTube vids of those crazy 1000+ HP GTR's? That's what this car is, and she's probably my favourite car in the game. Just awesome throttle induced oversteer and almost no understeer. The 7 speed tranny just adds to the glory. She comes with nitrous and has a unique engine note.. what more could you want!!! Don't forget to see the glitch near the end of the vid. No penalty in that corner which helped me get the win. Enjoy :)

Rigidity No and Oil Yes

65/65
min/12.5
1/1
1/1
6/7
0/0
0/-.04

Trans: Reset to default -> Final Gear 3.735 -> Set max speed to min -> Final Gear 2.000
1 - 4.263
2 - 3.236
3 - 2.556
4 - 2.085
5 - 1.758
6 - 1.532
7 - 1.325

5 / 10 / 15
Full Power
500/610 Dforce and 0 Ballast

@hotsaucer Thank you for the tune.

Great.👍👍

Back