A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 134 comments
Hi @DisabledRacer, inspired by your win, I took my GT out for a spin. I had attempted to tune it last time out, but it showed all it's weaknesses here at Le Mans. I managed to make it better, but despite numerous attempts, was unable to manage a podium finish. So, to you sir, I say well done yet again. If you can share any tips from your tune I would be grateful. :bowdown:

I tried the GT by Citroen Race Car again today and improved on my previous time. Here is my rookie tune: DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for damaged cars/walls and/or killed pedestrians! :lol:

679 PP - 984 HP (Oil Change) 1215 KG.
ABS - 1
TC - 1
AS Strong (For my gimpy fingers/hand :()

Ride Height - 55/60
Springs - 24.50/27.50
Both Dampers - 1/1
Anti-Roll Bars - 1/1
Camber - 0/0
Toe - (Minus 0.15)/0.40
Brakes 3/2

Torque - 15
Acceleration - 5
Braking - 20

Power - High RPM Turbo

Downforce - 380/595
Ballast Weight - 15 KG
Ballast Position - -50 (minus 50)

Tranny
Reset to default
Final gear all the way to the right
Auto-set 137 MPH
All gears all the way to the right
Final gear 2.640 (Should be able to do around 250 MPH in draft)

I included a video so you can see how the tune works for me. Also... Avoid the Hybride and get the slower field. Good luck!

GT by Ciroen Race Car Sarthe Standings 2.jpg

@DisabledRacer great tune!

Thanks! I will definitely try that out!

I managed a win last night (finally!) with the Peski Hybride. I found that I had the brake sensitivity too high (37) and I was understeering too much, so I pulled that down to 26 so I still had a fairly balanced braking behaviour on the straights and more responsive steering at lower speeds. I still didn't race incredibly well, but I snuck past the leading Peski at the final chicane (and I mean THE final chicane) and squeezed a 0.7s win. More practice in this hellish place and I'm sure I win comfortably.

I also tweaked the downforce (increased slightly front and rear to 425/725) and modified the final gear so it cranks to 423kph with a draft. Insane really...

Not insane!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Need tune, transmission, for the 905B Evo,I cant get it to go over 220 no matter what I do...

This trans tune for the 905 Evo worked fine for me. Give it a try.
NOTE: Be sure ALL power options are set to max before adjusting the transmission -
Set trans to 'DEFAULT', Set 'Final Gear' to '4.000', set "Max Speed" to '149' and leave it, now set the individual gears,

Max Speed : 149
1st Gear : 4.160
2nd Gear : 3.180
3rd Gear : 2.490
4th Gear : 2.020
5th Gear : 1.695
6th Gear : 1.456
7th Gear : N/A
Final Gear : 2.960

Do you use a wheel? I use a wheel and most of the time my tunes are quick tunes.... I spend less than 5 minutes on them. I race a few turns and tweak and repeat if needed. My tune is nothing special....Its more about technique for me For this seasonal I tune for braking/cornering stability and drafting. The AI is really slow in a few turns, so I "try" and out-brake and corner them through stability. I can post my tune if you still want it... Just don't expect anything great from it! :lol:
No, I use a DS3. I suspected your accomplishments were weighted more heavily on driving skills than tuning skills. ;)
When I get home today, I will try your tune and report back. Thanks for sharing it!:cheers:👍:)

Last edited:
So, it seems their are a number of cars capable of winning this race, albeit some easier than others. So far I've had success in the the 905, the vision 55 mazda, the 2001 audi r8, the 2 chappies & the pescalaro hybrid. but doesn't seem to matter what I use you cant avoid getting chased down by 2nd place to make it a tight race but then again I'm not running 3'10s like the aliens.

Thanks @skeagracing, I really appreciate your comments.

It took a LOT of driving to pull it off as it was hard (for me at least) to string 3 good laps together. The main problem consisted of trying to stop the back end sliding out in the fast corners. To help with this I used TC3 (+ ABS1, using DS3) with a fair bit of feathering of the accelerator. Utterly frustrating how long it took but thankfully rewarding in the end.

Thanks again @skeagracing

:cheers:

👍

So, it seems their are a number of cars capable of winning this race, albeit some easier than others. So far I've had success in the the 905, the vision 55 mazda, the 2001 audi r8, the 2 chappies & the pescalaro hybrid. but doesn't seem to matter what I use you cant avoid getting chased down by 2nd place to make it a tight race but then again I'm not running 3'10s like the aliens.

I had success with the Chappral 2J, the Mazda 787B and the Sauber Mercedes C, I'm going to give these cars a shot now.

Awesome this one flying at 416kmph :)

#Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92 * EVO4
Ride 55/65
Spring 13.30/12.77
Suspension 4/4, 4/4
Anti-Roll 4/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.00
Brake 9/5
LSD 0/11, 0/5, 0/55
Power 91.4%
+Turbo: High RPM
Downforce 600/850
Transmission
Final 5.000
Top Speed 240kmph
1st min
2nd min
3rd min
4th min
5th min
6th 1.234
Final 3.200

* Use Low/Medium RPM Turbo for Low Torque Drive

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I posted the wrong race with the AMG CLK-LM. I will post the correct one ASAP.
This is the correct one.

PP673/935HP/1000kg AMG Mercedes CLK-LM. Cockpit race on replay view. No penalties. Fast lap 3.25.989. Winning margin 00.480. Pass for the win on lap 3 at the Ford Chicanes over the Pescarolo C60. Fast speed down the Mulsanne Straight 249MPH. Minimum downforce.

Last edited:
Back