A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Eifel

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 204 comments
I've seen the AI do this to other AI. Hilarious. Got the pix, too - will post them presently.
Nielsen Kennedy ran RS for 3 laps and was coming in on the end of 3 for fresh rubber and was swiped away from the pit-entrance - he had to limp all the way around again Finish order totally mucked up. :lol:

Nielsen is a driver to watch for - he can be very erratic.

Super job. 👍 AFAIK - that's the first time anyone broke 24.00 in any car.

Welcome to GTPlanet. :cheers:
May I say you'll fit right in with the rest of the Gran Turismo petrolheads in here. :)
Thanks Bro!!!

Won it with my trusty TS030. Started with RS, pitted after 2 into IM, hang in there even with the rain-dry-rain until lap 8 when it dried out rapidly. Pitted and switched back to RS. Twitchy on 8 as it was still drying. Fastest lap on 9. By then I was almost 30 secs up on the second place car. Babied it on lap 10 as I was just reading empty on the last turn. Won by 20 secs.
That was fun!

Thanks Bro!!!

You're welcome. :cheers: More players the merrier. ;)

I have to add something - general comment - It is not Kennedy who got in trouble it was Nielsen - I had to double check that replay as Kennedy and Guiterrez also play these devious games.
It is Nielsen who is the crazy rabbit in this races; the one who upsets the running, and together with Leclerq (who wipes out almost every lap) makes sure the player has a difficult time and incur penalties.
Have to go back and edit some details now. :rolleyes:

Two weeks more of this - of that I'm glad. :)

Just tried it. Pretty easy win using IM tires the whole race and pitting only on lap 5.... Although I did spin out twice, had a 3 second penalty and got rammed off course from the AI! Tires wear faster than the Viper, (for me) and you will be close to running out of fuel at the end of lap 5 and at the end of the race, so be careful and don't push it too much.

View attachment 473675

So I gave this a go, for my first attempt at the race, not knowing the course at all. I got smoked. It may be a combination of lack of course knowledge and tune settings, but I ran off track on almost every lap and ended up finishing 16th, 1:14:00 behind the guy in first! It was sad times.

Then I had another go. This time I gave the car some tweaks, got into the race and tried to use my limited track knowledge, and managed to get up to 7th, but then started getting rammed in a couple of the corners and lost ground to end up 15th! Frustration central.

I haven't yet had the chance for another go, but I'll try find some time this weekend for another attempt.

One thing I did find is that I don't have nearly enough experience with my race cars - I've been spending too much time drifting recently!

GT-R GT500 Stealth is a beast. 597 PP. Always liked how stable it is. Found a really easy rain pattern where it rains twice but only goes up to about 12%. That means RS tire one stop. Add a little extra fuel than they do. Like 5 liters for a little cushion.

View attachment 471080

23 minute race. 53 seconds gap. 👍
Great time, do you know about what time the rain started ?

Finally got around to doing this one, tried a detuned GT3 SLS but came up a bit short because of the tyre wear. Switched to the Zytek and won by over one and half minutes, had far less rain too which made things easier. I like these sort of events, but I'd rather they give us the option to turn SRF off as driving with it on really annoys me after a few laps.

You'd think with Strong Active steering and with SRF forced on, spinning would be next to impossible, but nope!

bzbmY16.jpg

I spun on lap 9, after switching to RS tires at the end of lap 8. I got overconfident in the car's grip and just lost the car. I'm not even 100% sure how. It really seemed to come out of nowhere.

I'd been in first when I pitted at the end of lap 8, too. Maybe I should've just kept the intermediates on and finished out the race. I had the gas to do it, but the gap was closing and I didn't want to risk not having the laptimes.

I also managed to go off the track three times (understeer all three times) and two of those I got a penalty to go with the built-in penalty of losing control of the car. That certainly didn't help.

Blegh. :banghead:

Finally got around to doing this one, tried a detuned GT3 SLS but came up a bit short because of the tyre wear. Switched to the Zytek and won by over one and half minutes, had far less rain too which made things easier. I like these sort of events, but I'd rather they give us the option to turn SRF off as driving with it on really annoys me after a few laps.
I considered using the Zytek instead of the LM55, but I figured the 4WD would come in handy. Given that I took second, I'm not sure it worked out for me. :)

You'd think with Strong Active steering and with SRF forced on, spinning would be next to impossible, but nope!

bzbmY16.jpg

I spun on lap 9, after switching to RS tires at the end of lap 8. I got overconfident in the car's grip and just lost the car. I'm not even 100% sure how. It really seemed to come out of nowhere.

I'd been in first when I pitted at the end of lap 8, too. Maybe I should've just kept the intermediates on and finished out the race. I had the gas to do it, but the gap was closing and I didn't want to risk not having the laptimes.

I also managed to go off the track three times (understeer all three times) and two of those I got a penalty to go with the built-in penalty of losing control of the car. That certainly didn't help.

Blegh. :banghead:

I considered using the Zytek instead of the LM55, but I figured the 4WD would come in handy. Given that I took second, I'm not sure it worked out for me. :)
You were on intermediates at the start? And what lap did you make your first pit stop? Were you on a two or three lap strategy? Thank you.

Been watching this thread a while. Completed in several super cars using one stop IM tyres all the way. Finally worked out using two stops and normal car for easy win. Using the McLaren F1 GTR RS for two laps don't even drive fast just avoid penalties, then IM for five laps same again just steady driving, then RS again. I've done it three times in a row putting in clean consistent laps with no penalties and won easily. I used Praiano tune tweeked slightly for my driving style and the wet conditions.

I've tried the YellowHat GT-R but that car is simply undrivable. And with undrivable I mean it won't accelerate AT ALL.

Been watching this thread a while. Completed in several super cars using one stop IM tyres all the way. Finally worked out using two stops and normal car for easy win. Using the McLaren F1 GTR RS for two laps don't even drive fast just avoid penalties, then IM for five laps same again just steady driving, then RS again. I've done it three times in a row putting in clean consistent laps with no penalties and won easily. I used Praiano tune tweeked slightly for my driving style and the wet conditions.
I tried this and it works well. Despite a minor penalty and one off, I won over the Yellowhat by a small margin. I used automatic transmission autoset of 187 mph.

I guess I haven't been playing GT in a long time, maybe a year and a half.
Decided to come back for seasonals, checking out the new updates (Engine noise etc).
Anyways I followed the advice and used Shaun's TS030 tune.
Started on inters, decided to pit on lap 5 although I probably should have later on, still on inters, filled up the tank.
Was on lap 8 leading the race while the leader pit. Suddenly the AI sorta slowed down a bit on early lap 9 and.....my tires completely felt like they're gone, and they are still blue.
Couldn't get traction corner after corner, spun out. And I give up.
And of course the endless collission penalties as well.
I guess I'll try again tomorrow, maybe I should hold out til Lap 7 and just switch to RS.

Got around to winning this, and it had to be one of the most exciting races I've had on GT6.

Used the HSV-010 Base Model, tuned to 597PP. I tried this car about a half dozen times and best finish was 2nd. The rest of my finishes were less than stellar, around the top half of the grid. Here's what I did to get the Gold:

Ditched the two stop strategy. After studying a replay, I noticed the AI often managed the race with one stop starting out on IM's. So that's what I did.

My approach was to drive cleanly and conservatively preserving my tires and equipment the first 4-5 laps. By the end of lap 4 my fuel was a touch under half, which made me think that I couldn't run the distance with just one stop, but I kept going.

The rain started like it usually does by the end of lap 1. It eased up around mid race, but per the typical pattern, it resumed around laps 5-7 and track conditions became completely saturated. By this time my IM's were hanging in there, maybe about a quarter worn. I kept driving cleanly and cautiously like the car was worth a million credits and I never had a login bonus in my life.

By the end of lap 7 I had to pit for fuel. This is where I decided to change my strategy. Instead of equipping RS or RM tires like I had in the past, I put IM's back on. My past attempts at using racing slicks never gave me enough grip in the slowly drying surface even when the conditions said 0% wet. Oh well. Maybe rain washed all the rubber off the track.

Upon entering the pits on lap 7-8, I had just achieved a pass for 1st. Not bad. Strategy was paying off, however while in the pits I got overtaken by the newer Yellow Hat GT-R. After taking my tires and 30 liters of gas, I pulled out of the pits. It was time to go like a bat out of hell.

Well not right away.

I took lap 8 kind of easy and noticed I was about 5 seconds behind. By the beginning of lap 9 I was driving a little harder, but was still 4 seconds behind. Now it was time to really push those inters for all they're worth.

By the beginning of the final lap I was about a second behind heading into the first turn. The track was bone dry and those inters were really howling, almost as if they were crying "WHY oh WHY?!?!" I didn't care. I was determined to drive the treads off and turn them into slicks whether they liked it or not. There were a couple white knuckle moments in some of the turns when the front end lost bite, but I hung in there on those final laps, tailing that Yellow Hat SOB.

Half way through the final lap I was right on his tail, my heart was pumping, hands were sweating; I was actually getting nervous. I've got to get this guy! Hell with the machine, it's all or nothing at this point.

Final long sweeping turn -- side by side, bumped my way on the inside while pushing every last HP out of those 10,000 RPMs screaming in agony. Final straight, punched that transmission into 6th and took Ol' Yeller by .181 of a second.

That was the most awesome race I've ever done.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Got around to winning this, and it had to be one of the most exciting races I've had on GT6.

Used the HSV-010 Base Model, tuned to 597PP. I tried this car about a half dozen times and best finish was 2nd. The rest of my finishes were less than stellar, around the top half of the grid. Here's what I did to get the Gold:

Ditched the two stop strategy. After studying a replay, I noticed the AI often managed the race with one stop starting out on IM's. So that's what I did.

My approach was to drive cleanly and conservatively preserving my tires and equipment the first 4-5 laps. By the end of lap 4 my fuel was a touch under half, which made me think that I couldn't run the distance with just one stop, but I kept going.

The rain started like it usually does by the end of lap 1. It eased up around mid race, but per the typical pattern, it resumed around laps 5-7 and track conditions became completely saturated. By this time my IM's were hanging in there, maybe about a quarter worn. I kept driving cleanly and cautiously like the car was worth a million credits and I never had a login bonus in my life.

By the end of lap 7 I had to pit for fuel. This is where I decided to change my strategy. Instead of equipping RS or RM tires like I had in the past, I put IM's back on. My past attempts at using racing slicks never gave me enough grip in the slowly drying surface even when the conditions said 0% wet. Oh well. Maybe rain washed all the rubber off the track.

Upon entering the pits on lap 7-8, I had just achieved a pass for 1st. Not bad. Strategy was paying off, however while in the pits I got overtaken by the newer Yellow Hat GT-R. After taking my tires and 30 liters of gas, I pulled out of the pits. It was time to go like a bat out of hell.

Well not right away.

I took lap 8 kind of easy and noticed I was about 5 seconds behind. By the beginning of lap 9 I was driving a little harder, but was still 4 seconds behind. Now it was time to really push those inters for all they're worth.

By the beginning of the final lap I was about a second behind heading into the first turn. The track was bone dry and those inters were really howling, almost as if they were crying "WHY oh WHY?!?!" I didn't care. I was determined to drive the treads off and turn them into slicks whether they liked it or not. There were a couple white knuckle moments in some of the turns when the front end lost bite, but I hung in there on those final laps, tailing that Yellow Hat SOB.

Half way through the final lap I was right on his tail, my heart was pumping, hands were sweating; I was actually getting nervous. I've got to get this guy! Hell with the machine, it's all or nothing at this point.

Final long sweeping turn -- side by side, bumped my way on the inside while pushing every last HP out of those 10,000 RPMs screaming in agony. Final straight, punched that transmission into 6th and took Ol' Yeller by .181 of a second.

That was the most awesome race I've ever done.

View attachment 479613
Nice work cjr3559! :tup:You gave C. Gibson some of his own medicine. I gave him some more. :lol: IM's the whole way , one pit.
20151114_160352.jpg

Last edited:
I thought: low drag means low fuel consumption, means less pitstops means being faster. So i bought/undusted my deltawinga and the nissan gtr lmp 2015 (yes the ff one) and (as you mifht expect) i failed miserably. The nissan might be able to do it (i did not realy tune it) and the deltawing was near impossible. I worked around the understeer issue. And it drove quite nuce. But when you start skidding it would spin. So if you are up for a challenge: tune the deltawing or the 2015 gtr lmp to do this.

And do not trust the game for fuel, when doing a 1 pitstop strategy tank extra fuel (learned this the hard way losing a 30ish second lead)
Both of those cars have massive downforce, making them great in the rain.
The deltawing is one of those cars that you need to know how to tune properly. it is undriveable stock, but with the right adjustments, and good car control, its a seriously competetive car, especially in the rain.

GT-R LM race was sloppy, I pited on lap 2, 4, 5, 6, and 8, still an easy win.
20151115_002044.jpg

The Deltawing race was much smoother, had a 2 minute lead in the end.
20151115_020208.jpg

If you want a challenge, try winning in the motor sport elise, the complete lack of downforce makes it awfully slow in the rain.
20151115_012122.jpg

After working out the weather pattern, I was finishing the 9th lap and on my way to a minute-plus victory. Screaming down the end of the straight, at almost 300km/h, the 15th placed competitor (whom I am about to lap) comes out of the pits and drives directly into my right-hand side.

Naturally, I receive the penalty (my car flew left: strongly indicating that I did not hit the back of him but that he drove into my side on his exit from the pits), and my car ends up facing a wall on the grass, necessitating both reversing and stuffing around on grass in order to get back onto the asphalt.

I haven't played for a few months. I see that nothing has changed though.

You were on intermediates at the start? And what lap did you make your first pit stop? Were you on a two or three lap strategy? Thank you.
Yeah, I started on IMs, pitted at the end of lap 6 (I think) for more IM, and then at the end of lap 8 for RS.

I could be wrong about the exact laps there, but I know I did 3 stops, the last only for tires. Which is probably why I didn't win it. :)

Yeah, I started on IMs, pitted at the end of lap 6 (I think) for more IM, and then at the end of lap 8 for RS.

I could be wrong about the exact laps there, but I know I did 3 stops, the last only for tires. Which is probably why I didn't win it. :)
Thank you good buddy. I won with a Ford Race Car but no luck so far with the Corvette Race Car and I mean any of them.

Just got first with almost a 2 minute lead with the 2J'70

Improve body rigidity

Racing tires intermediate whole race, pit after lap 5 that's it!

Suspension
60/60
9.66/12.90
6/6
6/6
4/3
O.5/0.0
-0.04/-0.16

Brakes
2/4

Transmission
240km
Throw all gears to max right.
Final gear 2.728

Drivetrains

Power
50%
Mid range turbo kit

Body
Ballast weight 15kg

Enjoy the easy win!

Finally managed to win it! Tried it with the GT-R GT500 Base, YellowHat GT-R, Asparagus RX7 and Raybrig HSV-010 before switching to the TS030, using Praiano tune. First try I ended up losing as I did before. Second serious try (after restarting a couple of times) got me this:
I started on IM and got the lead in lap 3. At lap 5 I pitted and stayed on IM. I returned on the track as #2. I took the lead again and managed to win with a 42.7 second lead. I drove conservatively all the way, which saved me more time than driving aggresively.

I'm glad this is done. Can't wait for the next set of seasonals!

Back