A-spec, Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 184 comments
MSZ
You should just use the 2J right now, I just won the race with it, 1st place with 1 lap left, and most importantly: I left the 2J 100% stock.

Thanks for the advice. I tried the 2J and got a silver. Had the race won but the C60 hit me from behind in the last chicane before the start finish line. I have been penalized at least 30 times and most of them involved an AI hitting me or knocking me off the track. I even tried the Monster Suzuki and still only 2nd place.

I have tried all the cars recommended and the 3 Silvers is all I can get yet. I need to give this one a rest for a couple of days. Is the paint chip really enough for the amount of frustration? Spa is one of my favorite tracks and I can run lap times s low as 2:06 but constant 2:08s. The rabbit gets too far ahead before I can get past the roadblocks.

Thanks for the advice. I tried the 2J and got a silver. Had the race won but the C60 hit me from behind in the last chicane before the start finish line. I have been penalized at least 30 times and most of them involved an AI hitting me or knocking me off the track. I even tried the Monster Suzuki and still only 2nd place.

I have tried all the cars recommended and the 3 Silvers is all I can get yet. I need to give this one a rest for a couple of days. Is the paint chip really enough for the amount of frustration? Spa is one of my favorite tracks and I can run lap times s low as 2:06 but constant 2:08s. The rabbit gets too far ahead before I can get past the roadblocks.

The paint chip for this is GT-Metallic 002-C - it looks blue on the preview box. Don't know if that's worth trying for?

I've been doing this a lot lately and I've had to get laps of 2:04 and below to win - I've used pretty much every car that's eligible in my garage and found the best for me. I didn't like the 2J - it had too much acceleration and too much power initially (although I did put it up to 700PP) but I toned it down a bit and found I went faster.

I liked the Toyota GT-ONE with Praiano's tune - that handled lovely and all that power doesn't just make the wheels spin, it has lots of traction. I fell in love with the Bentley Speed 8 though. Again with Praiano's tune it just feels so smooth on the power and takes corners better than any of the others - it's a good balance between not having too much power but also being light.

I had been putting this one off since getting my DFGT a week ago because I've been dreading getting nowhere and being completely useless in these cars around SPA while learning to use the wheel properly, but surprise surprise, on my first run last night in the 'Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05' I managed to get the win by over 10 seconds, even with a few nuisance nudges from the atrocious AI slowing me down with penalties along the way. :D

I won with these,

Corvette Z06 LM '06
Audi R8 LMS '12
McLaren F1 GTR (pink) Base Model '95
Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Ford GT40 '69
Jaguar XJ13 '66
Subaru Impreza super touring car, toughest to win with.

Don't think a win will happen using a Nascar but, I'm going to try one next time I'm on.

Couple more winners,

Ford Mark IV '67
BMW Z4 GT3 '11, my new favorite car to use on this seasonal.
Corvette ZR1 LM '09
Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition '12

and a few that I couldn't win with,

Lexus IS F Racing Concept 15th Anniversary Edition '08
Ford AU 2000 Falcon XR8 '00
Chevrolet SS NASCAR #42 Target '13, best finish of fourth, need to find 2 seconds a lap.

The Mazda 787B kills this race. 👍

Don't give up!!
I play with a controller and I'm not very skilled (I can just get silver or bronze in several "time trial" seasonals and gold in a few ones).

I bought the Pescarolo c60 '05 with praiano's tune (Its cheaper than the chaparral). Tried the full tune but I wasn't comfortable with the car so I made some corrections on my own:

- Added some camber F: 1,7 R: 1
- Brake balance : F: 6 R: 5
- No turbo upgrade at all. The stock car with oil change goes to 696 PP, but the handling at corner exit is better
My lap times improved !!!

Just try to don't get penalized. Take an interior line if you have a AI car behind at the end of the straights and draft as much as you can.

I won in the second try, so I'm sure you can do it too. Keep trying !!

The paint chip is nice, a dark blue metallic

I can feel your pain man, I got a couple of penalties myself during the race because I got reared by the stupid AI.

Stay with 2J, I wasn't that much faster than you are, my lap time is around 2:02 to 2:05.

I've been doing this a lot lately and I've had to get laps of 2:04 and below to win - I've used pretty much every car that's eligible in my garage and found the best for me. I didn't like the 2J - it had too much acceleration and too much power initially (although I did put it up to 700PP) but I toned it down a bit and found I went faster.

Stock 2J(around 660pp I believe) has more than enough power to win, its about how to do those corners at higher speed rather than straight line speed, you aren't going to beat those high-end prototypes on the straight line anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used the stock TS030. Took 3 attempts due to me being rammed off the track by the AI while under breaking.

AI are useless in this race, always going wide, spinning the car and cutting the Bus Stop. That pissed me off alot.

I think almost all LMP cars should be OK for this event. Hot shots can do it with slower cars.

Up to now, among the cars I've tried, my favorites are:

Deltawing
Furai
Peugeot 905

I guess I like them because of light weight.

I finally got Gold on my alternate account S27_V8 with the Suzuki SX4 Monster. I wish I had written down what the grid was because with the same car on my Racin510s account 2nd 🤬 again. I was running 2:05-2:07 lap times but got penalized 4 times that cost me 20 seconds. The 🤬 AI can cut corners with no penalties, if they hit you you get the penalty like out braking the AI into a corner.

I'll post my set up if anyone wants it. It has a tad bit of understeer at high speeds (180-200 MPH), other than that it is on rails in my hands. My first 2 attempts on my main account netted me yet another 2 Silvers.

I'll be glad if PD will let us have the community that we had in GT5. My alternate didn't get the benefit of the money glitch like my main account so I don't have the luxury of just buying high credit cars. It would be nice if I could loan out my cars from my main account. Now on to trying to win on my main account.

Don't you feel the tail of SX4 is somewhat unstable under braking? The traction is excellent in corners and under acceleration, though. Overall, I still feel it's not the best in the fast left-right transition.

Try Peugeot 905 next time if you can. It's very forgiving and consistent, and can be pushed very hard.

Don't you feel the tail of SX4 is somewhat unstable under braking? The traction is excellent in corners and under acceleration, though. Overall, I still feel it's not the best in the fast left-right transition.

Try Peugeot 905 next time if you can. It's very forgiving and consistent, and can be pushed very hard.

I didn't notice any unstableness under braking. This is my LSD settings 10/15/18 rear & 5/10/5 front with the drive set @ 35:65 and max downforce front and rear. To me this 4WD is much easier to control than a MR which is all of the LMP cars are. If you want the rest of the setup let me know.

Actually it also applies to G25 & G27. :sly:

Go to GT6/Options/Steering Controller/Steering Characteristics.
Then place the cursor over the on/off toggle box below Power Assisted Steering...

5 wheels are highlighted including the T500, G25 & G27.
Thanks JOGO.
One of the things about 1.09 is that I used to use Steering Sensitivity at 2, plus I used a 620 degree setting on my G-27 which adds a tad more sensitivity. I have had to stop using that added setting on the G-27 on 1.09, too twitchy.

This is fun as heck, I am using the C9 (Which is as cool looking a race car as I have ever seen) a la Praiano's tune. Grabbed first in Campus on the last lap and AI tapped me in the Chicane and spun me out....spazzed out and was able to get it turned around to finish 3rd.... This is the first ASpec that actually had any resemblance to an online race....Thanks Praiano for a great suspension set up! I am going to progesively lower PP and run this a few times.

I couldn't win thee race on my main account with the Monster SX4 like I did on my alternate account. Thanks to Crozzlow for reminding me about the C9. I too used Praiano's tune with a little tweaking for my driving style so 👍👍 Praiano for his excellent tuning especially when it comes to gear ratios & LSD settings. Now that I have run it , golded it, I will say farewell to this thorn in my side.

Forget winning, proceed to have some fun. :D

McLaren F1 GTR (BMW) is a very capable car, speed and grip are almost as good as LMP cars.

Zonda R is very powerful and fast in the straight, but slippery in corners. I can't win with it but it's an exciting drive. Similar with Gillette Vertigo.

Back