A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 132 comments
Another TS030 !

A Zonda R '09 and the 20 million dollar Ford Mark IV Race Car '07 can also beat the TS030 Hybrid '12. It also depends on which mode the Hybrid races in.... The D. Papp Insanely fast mode, or the standard fast mode. Good luck trying to win when the Hybrid decides to drive like D. Papp would!
Snapshot_20141212_225919.jpg
Snapshot_20141212_013052.jpg

You are so right @photonrider I used it with @SW_10 tune. Just as easy as the 2J. The Furai is one of my favorite cars in Gran Turismo. In GT5 I had all the colors. I only bought 1 for GT6. It hasn't gotten enough miles on it to worry about. I bought the black one with the orange trim.
I don't think I have driven the Furai in gt5 or 6, will have to purchase one and give it a try.

Figured I'd try the Ts03 against the Tso3 rabbit. I just wish PD would give me an entire grid of Toyota's that fast and aggressive. 10 moving chicanes to pass just to get started racing and it's the final lap. Less than a second between 1st and 2nd and 20sec between 2nd and 3rd. I think I'll try sport soft tires.

image.jpg

The furai is great in gt6, I highly recommend it. I've been grinding this event with it on sport soft tires, wish it was premium

Finally, the best track on the game. Will be running this one with lots of different cars. Easy to reach gold. Using TS030 and getting high 1:15s to low 1:16 laps. On to the next car.
GT-R GT500 Stealth made for another easy win. 1:20 laps. Quick cash if you need it.

Hey, ;)👍 Thanks for the advice! I tried 2 or 3 cars before the GT-R GT500 Stealth and got the Silver just 3 sec behind, but with this I got the Gold right on my first try, getting high laps of 1:20.747 to low 1:19.628 and overtaking the 1st on the 3rd lap. On pole was the GT-R R35 Touring Car (lucky me!) :D

Golded on first attempt with my Lancia S4 with 550PP (oil change then power ticked back to 99.4%, must have used it previously for a 550PP limit event). Kind surprised me as I spent the first three laps or so trying to get used to the handling of the car, it seems on rails but then steps out at unexpected times, but was eventually getting laps around 1:23 and I'm sure it has a lot more in it. I did cut inside the Oreca Viper on the last tight bend though, across the little spit of sand, but I'm sure I could win more cleanly if I try again.

And yeah, crazy AI in this one, must have passed around 5 cars who went off, 4 on that same last corner, but the quick cars (Viper and GT) stayed out in front til the end.

Golded on first attempt with my Lancia S4 with 550PP (oil change then power ticked back to 99.4%, must have used it previously for a 550PP limit event). Kind surprised me as I spent the first three laps or so trying to get used to the handling of the car, it seems on rails but then steps out at unexpected times, but was eventually getting laps around 1:23 and I'm sure it has a lot more in it. I did cut inside the Oreca Viper on the last tight bend though, across the little spit of sand, but I'm sure I could win more cleanly if I try again.

And yeah, crazy AI in this one, must have passed around 5 cars who went off, 4 on that same last corner, but the quick cars (Viper and GT) stayed out in front til the end.
Yes, very crazy AI.

I don't think I have driven the Furai in gt5 or 6, will have to purchase one and give it a try.

Furai is a must-have in my Garage. Have two of them, but intend to pick them all up in the end since they cannot be painted.

Rumour is the Furai was built with alien technology. However we can't prove that now.
It was burnt to the ground. Conspiracies, conspiracies . . . .

TG PD decided to give us the virtual version. As nowcontrol mentioned in a previous thread, this thing is a 'rabbit eater'.
And I agree. Not against every Rabbit, but still an all-round good Rabbit eater. This was the car that 'broke open' the game for me in GT5. My well-trained AI won it for me in a B-Spec race, and after that there was no stopping me leveling off. It almost reads your thoughts.

Hmmmm. Did I mention alien technology? :lol:

Furai is a must-have in my Garage. Have two of them, but intend to pick them all up in the end since they cannot be painted.

Rumour is the Furai was built with alien technology. However we can't prove that now.
It was burnt to the ground. Conspiracies, conspiracies . . . .

TG PD decided to give us the virtual version. As nowcontrol mentioned in a previous thread, this thing is a 'rabbit eater'.
And I agree. Not against every Rabbit, but still an all-round good Rabbit eater. This was the car that 'broke open' the game for me in GT5. My well-trained AI won it for me in a B-Spec race, and after that there was no stopping me leveling off. It almost reads your thoughts.

Hmmmm. Did I mention alien technology? :lol:

Aliens.....rabbits, where does it end with you?......Noah!!!!:lol:

As nowcontrol mentioned in a previous thread, this thing is a 'rabbit eater'.
And I agree. Not against every Rabbit, but still an all-round good Rabbit eater.

MMMMM... maybe not for you, but when I am at the wheel, yes it will eat all rabbits.....:lol: fastest lap = 1:19.245

A-Spec_#14_Expert-Level_Racing_Car_Challenge_[Mazda_Furai_'08].jpg

And I was a bit sloppy in places so could be faster. :D 👍

EDIT: 2nd attempt for less slop and more pace.... :lol: fastest lap =1:18.190

A-Spec_#14_Expert-Level_Racing_Car_Challenge_[Mazda_Furai_'08]#2.jpg

;)

Last edited:
With all the talk about the Furai, I decided to purchase one and give it a go. Bone stock other than lowering power to make the field. No problem grabbing first. 1:20 laps. With some tweaking, should be able to shave off a second or two. So far, the TS030, Pescarolo Courage-Judd GV5, GT-R GT500 Stealth, Z4 GT3, HSV-010 GT Base, R8 LMS Ultra and GT-R Nismo GT3 Base. Racked up 30 million so far.

You are so right @photonrider I used it with @SW_10 tune. Just as easy as the 2J. The Furai is one of my favorite cars in Gran Turismo. In GT5 I had all the colors. I only bought 1 for GT6. It hasn't gotten enough miles on it to worry about. I bought the black one with the orange trim.

(The black one with the orange trim? I can't find that one--unless you mean the first one (which I see as a red trim).)

This is the first time I have driven it in GT6. It's a lot of fun. Pity about the standard appearance and middle-of-the-road sound.

I beat the TS030 Hybrid with four other cars today. One was the above mentioned Furai. The other three were the BMW Mclaren GTR Race Car '97, the GT by Citroen Race Car, and the Monster Sport SX-4 Base Model '11. If anybody wants any of my basic tunes, let me know and I will post them for you.

Monster Sport SX-4 Base Model '11 Standings.jpg
Monster Sport SX-4 Base Model '11Car.jpg
Furrai '08 Standings.jpg GT by Citroen Race Car Standings.jpg BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 Standings.jpg

I beat the TS030 Hybrid with four other cars today. One was the above mentioned Furai. The other three were the BMW Mclaren GTR Race Car '97, the GT by Citroen Race Car, and the Monster Sport SX-4 Base Model '11. If anybody wants any of my basic tunes, let me know and I will post them for you.

View attachment 273373 View attachment 273374 View attachment 273375 View attachment 273376 View attachment 273377
I'd appreciate your tune for the Monster sport base model, 👍

I was super impressed with the Furai got any easy win over the TS030. I havn't done much of a tune to it, i wouldn't mind seeing how it goes with a proper setup. The Zonda R was good fun as well, a bit more of a challenge to run cleanly but still capable of the win.

With all the talk about the Furai, I decided to purchase one and give it a go. Bone stock other than lowering power to make the field. No problem grabbing first. 1:20 laps. With some tweaking, should be able to shave off a second or two.

This is the first time I have driven it in GT6. It's a lot of fun. Pity about the standard appearance and middle-of-the-road sound.

I was super impressed with the Furai got any easy win over the TS030. I havn't done much of a tune to it, i wouldn't mind seeing how it goes with a proper setup.

_Mazda Furai '08_Racecar_by_nowcontrol.jpg
It's very fast and immense fun to drive, but it will get twitchy on the brakes if you just slam them, be smooth. :lol: 👍

I'd appreciate your tune for the Monster sport base model, 👍

Here you go. It is far from a perfect tune, but it is good enough (for me) to win with against the Hybrid using a Driving Force GT wheel with an automatic transmission. Car was tuned using TC 1 and ABS 1 with every thing else off. Transmission was set to default, then final gear all the way to the right, then auto set to lowest speed, then what you see in pictures is what you set the individual gears and final gear to.

Monster Sport Suspension.jpg Monster Sport Transmission.jpg Monster Sport Drivetrain.jpg Monster Sport Power.jpg Monster Sport Body.jpg

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM Touring Car '00.No Aids. Only Tune To Transmission. PP600 532HP Power-To-Weight Ratio 1.87 kg/HP. P1 Ford GT LM Spec 11. P2. Nissan GT-R R35. P3. Mercedes-Benz SLS. Fast Lap 1:24 Total Time 7:47. Pass For The Win Over Ford GT LM On Last Corner Before Checkered Flag.

On stage at yuk yuks.
They actually pay me. ;)

More on topic: Anybody tried the Formula Gran Turimo yet?

Oh mr photonrider, glad You`re in this tread, because I have a little correction to myself regarding what I wrote to You in the old British Lightwieght tread. I stated that AI allways, with no exceptance, would come up with its fastest rabbit on our first entry, as long as Seasonal A spec has existed..

OK in this Seca race I did not get the fastest rabbit at first entry. Actually I got Nissan GT/R Concept LM RC on 1st entry this time. I`m "99%" sure this was first time I got a slower rabbit on first. Of course my memory is not 100% reliable, but close...:sly:

On my second entry I got the fast one, Toyota Hybrid thing, as rabbit. Beat him easily with my 2J...

Just needed to tell You. :cheers:

Oh mr photonrider, glad You`re in this tread, because I have a little correction to myself regarding what I wrote to You in the old British Lightwieght tread. I stated that AI allways, with no exceptance, would come up with its fastest rabbit on our first entry, as long as Seasonal A spec has existed..

OK in this Seca race I did not get the fastest rabbit at first entry. Actually I got Nissan GT/R Concept LM RC on 1st entry this time. I`m "99%" sure this was first time I got a slower rabbit on first. Of course my memory is not 100% reliable, but close...:sly:

On my second entry I got the fast one, Toyota Hybrid thing, as rabbit. Beat him easily with my 2J...

Just needed to tell You. :cheers:

Thank you for that. You are a scholar and a gentleman and no doubt a 'Seeker of the Truth' like me. With so many ludicrous claims being made, and with the PIs in charge of that department hardly interested in this game, many things are said that are taken as the truth when it is not - and that can be harmful to those who are devoted both to this game . . . and the truth.

As a matter of fact I took records of all the fields in all three events as soon as PD posted them. You are right about the GT-R coming up first.

But . . . hold that thought. Is the Toyota Hybrid actually the fastest?

:scared:

Thank you for that. You are a scholar and a gentleman and no doubt a 'Seeker of the Truth' like me. With so many ludicrous claims being made, and with the PIs in charge of that department hardly interested in this game, many things are said that are taken as the truth when it is not - and that can be harmful to those who are devoted both to this game . . . and the truth.

As a matter of fact I took records of all the fields in all three events as soon as PD posted them. You are right about the GT-R coming up first.

But . . . hold that thought. Is the Toyota Hybrid actually the fastest?

:scared:
I think the Toyota Hybrid is the fasters by a long way.

Back