A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 132 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]

03_laguna-jpg.271521

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 11/12/2014 - 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC .. EXTENDED OPEN TIME

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 600 or less
Tyres: Racing Hard or less
Categories: Racing Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.165,000
Silver: Cr.99,000
Bronze: Cr.82,500

Gift(s):
Gold: GT FLUORESCENCE 008-W paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]
Track Length: 2.24 miles / 3605 m
Time of day: 13:30
Temp: 27ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R '00
SRT Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca) #91 '00
Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
On pole was the Mclaren F1 followed by the GT by Citroen while at the back of the field was me in an Audi R8 LMS Ultra,
I did lap times in the late 1:23.??? With a fastest lap of 1:23.036 which made this an easy win overtaking everybody by the corkscrew on lap 4.

Second time doing this race, this time I used the TVR Speed 6 touring car with stage 3 engine and increased downforce. Wow that car is very fast doing laps of 1:22! Overtook everyone by the corkscrew on lap 4.

Last edited:
It is really amazing to me how versatile this Toyota TS030 is with sw_10's tune. Very nice and thanks some more. :)

Last edited:
Finally, the best track on the game. Will be running this one with lots of different cars. Easy to reach gold. Using TS030 and getting high 1:15s to low 1:16 laps. On to the next car.
GT-R GT500 Stealth made for another easy win. 1:20 laps. Quick cash if you need it.

Last edited:
@hall90 you are correct, too easy with the 2J (@praiano63 tune). P1 at the end of the 3rd lap. Won against the Nissan GT-R LM by 3.5 sec. and was not pushing it hard at all. 5 laps of 1:20 and change. Even had a messy lap 5 and still ran 1:20:715. I have to say this group of Seasonals brought a big smile to my face. Three of my most favorite tracks. Didn't even get the 330,000 payout because I've been at 50 mil. credits for months. I have more cars than I'll ever use all maxed out with every part and I drive maybe 20% of them. I already have all of the 20 mil. cars I wants as well. so these are just for fun. What to use next?

@hall90 you are correct, too easy with the 2J (@praiano63 tune). P1 at the end of the 3rd lap. Won against the Nissan GT-R LM by 3.5 sec. and was not pushing it hard at all. 5 laps of 1:20 and change. Even had a messy lap 5 and still ran 1:20:715. I have to say this group of Seasonals brought a big smile to my face. Three of my most favorite tracks. Didn't even get the 330,000 payout because I've been at 50 mil. credits for months. I have more cars than I'll ever use all maxed out with every part and I drive maybe 20% of them. I already have all of the 20 mil. cars I wants as well. so these are just for fun. What to use next?
By all the race cars like me and tune them up. 👍

TOYOTA TS030 is a tough rabbit but there are other easier ones. Need 1:20.5 laps to beat the blue & white Toyota LMP car which is a pretty high standard. A time trial here earlier this year needed only 1:23.0 for gold.

I'd prefer these 600pp events to be limited to Japan GT500 for example and not use detuned mid-600 pp cars.

Praiano's HSV tune from the last Laguna Seca SuperGT event is perfect for this.
I also used @praiano63 tune but applied it to the Honda HSV-010 Base model '12.
Exact same power tuning, only the limiter untill i got 600pp and the gearbox matches the '11 hsv settings.
Got the rabbit at lap 4 in the corkscrew, and then he started rubberbanding..
Average lap 1:20.xxx/1:21.xxx
shot0002.png
shot0003.png

I have an early candidate for slowest rabbit. Personally, I think that driver got bored and fell asleep and ran off the course on the last turn, trying to wait for me and my poorly tuned Esperante to catch up!

Snapshot_20141211_025138.jpg

Wow! The GT3 cars in this race drive like uncontrollable animals! I was rammed and slammed into. AI drivers kept flying through turns into sand pits. Geesh... I used an old favorite of mine. The Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition. I haven't driven this car in so long, I kind of forgot how she handles...My victory was only by 1.4s but I think some better driving on my part would have widened that gap quite a bit.

Used the Toyota TS030 with the tune from the Silverstone seasonal. Adjusted the gears, and won with great margin. Ran 1.15s, 1,16s. Rabbit was the oreca viper.

First attempt, I used the Pennzoil Zexel GT-R '01 and lost by 9 seconds to the GT-R Concept LM race car!

The second time was a charm! Used the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth with two Ford GTs as the rabbits and won by 3 seconds!

Last edited:
Try the delta wing detuned in power. Handles quick but you really have to work the handling in order to win. I had the GT by Citroen and Ford GT as rabbits and didn't manage to get them by much. Had a fun time though. Only can imagine what would happen with the TS030 on the grid

Used my FT-1 VGT, with the settings for the upcoming endurance race. Overtook the McLaren just after the corkscrew on Lap 5.
Very fun race, the KERS is a godsend for recovering from mistakes.

Crazy AI is back, you've really got to watch behind you at the first corner and the Corkscrew otherwise you'll get slammed into. Not that challenging if you don't end up against the GT-R Concept LM Race Car. Used my Audi R8 GT3 and won pretty easily.

Back