A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 84 comments
Tried the soft setup for TS030. It's better, but too hard to handle with controller.
You need to drive it really exactly on the line and that's what makes it very hard with the DS3.
I believe that it is quite easier to drive with a wheel.
So there is need for a good wheel and christmas is coming :D
Seems like Dad is getting a present for himself...

Up for next:
Touring cars: Opel Calibra, Alfa 155, CLK, CLK-GTR, GT500
Let's have a look which one will fit my needs.

@debunix try raising your ride height as well as softening up the suspension, also having the front higher than the rear will induce more rotation into the car.

I race with a controller and my tune on the TSO30 is very close to what cory posted, it is doable to get first with this car/controller combo.

I will try, thank you.

So far I had much fun with the Calibra, Alfa 155, CLK GT.
They are all very nice to drive. Calibra and Alfa need a weaker lineup to get near a win, CLK GT is very nice to drive but hard to win against the Zonda.

I only managed to get to 2nd place but with enough potential :sly:

Only the 2nd time I finish first. With the TS030. Tuned by me, pushing the cursor right then left ^^ I overtake the GTR in the last corner, 6.39.**.
I tried many cars, didn't take my time to improve, because I always was @ +10s of the first place. Faults in these +10s, but i'm not patient :embarrassed:

Grazie mille :D I tried randomly the Motul Autech GT-R '08, and finished 4sec behind the Zonda on the first attempt, elite pilots should break records with it I think...

With your hints the TS030 is driving good on. Having the suspension as Cory posted and a cleaner driving style that fits the Toyota. And now it is really nice to drive.

Best lap time so far: 6.38
That's very near to my best time made with the 2J.

Other nice cars to drive around:
Audi TT DTM: very nice and stable
Audi A4 DTM: okay, but not as good controllable as the TT
GT-R 35 Touring Car: stable and fast, but it feels like a whale :D

More to come.

For now:
merry christmas to all of you! :cheers:

Camaro GT LM Race Car. Winning margin over the Ford GT LM Race Car 00.398. Pass on the inside of the Ford for the win at the last corner before the start/finish line. @Racin510s thank you for the idea to run American race cars at the Nürburgring. Marry Christmas and see you all where the wheels turn:cheers:

Last edited:
Camaro GT LM Race Car. Winning margin over the Ford GT LM Race Car 00.398. Pass on the inside of the Ford for the win at the last corner before the start/finish line. @Racin510s thank you for the idea to run American race cars at the Nürburgring. Marry Christmas and see you where the wheels turn:cheers:

Thank you Noel. I tried the '06 Z06 Corvette but didn't win. Not enough top speed, thought the field had the F1 in P1 and the Zonda in P2. I've been trying the get it tuned as well as the '69 Z/28 Race car. I'd like to run the Camaro LM as well but tunes for the Ring are hard to find. I have learned one thing and that is not to have a too stiff suspension. So I have been back and forth between the stock springs and a range of 1-3 for dampers, 2-4 on ARB. I think my nemesis is the LSD. I have been watching you use those cars like the one above ^^. I really like the Camaro LM.

I did tell you about the AI Hub, didn't I? That's where I have been hanging out for the several days. it is great fun to me because number one the people there are some of the most friendly people I've met in a long time. The events they have are single events, no online racing except within the current seasonal races. No one races each other online, you just complete the event and post your time. it has been a fun way to rest. After all the runs I have made at Nurburg made my right hand hurt so I needed to give it a brake. I use my right hand for gas and brake, R1 Accel, R2 brake and I have a pretty type grip on the DS3. I think you would enjoy the camaraderie at the AI Hub. Not a lot of people but everyone there including Cory are willing to help, you don't get criticized, but encouraged.

I hope and pray that the Christmas weekend gives you a well deserved rest. That the family is full of joy. My wife had to open this morning and I haven't been online very long because I forgot and thought she was still asleep, so I have to keep an eye on my son's dog. He hasn't been fixed and likes to mark his territory, if he gets caught I rub his nose in it, but I understand why especially now that he doesn't stay locked up in my son's room all day. He is really a good dog and just needed attention. Send some tunes if you can, but for those who celebrate Christmas I try to let them have family time. If they choose to race I race. Otherwise I'm just fiddling around cause there is nothing on TV, it is gray and overcast, temps are in the low 40's so I've been limiting my time outside. It's about to take the dogs out again. I'm making my own dog toys with squeakers, it just takes a long time becuase I don't have a sewing machine. So I'm hand sewing them after the stuffing and squeaker. God bless you my brother and your family as you all come together for Christmas.

Posting this vid (recorded on my phone) thanks to the instructions as posted by @Racin510s.

Had a couple of minor touches and traded paint with the Audi R8 just beyond the bridge after Aremberg. Still have some work to do but it was fun all the same :D

Peugeot 905b Evo 1 Bis LM '92. Time of 6:27 with an overall time of about 7:05.

Finally

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-12-27 at 00.38.50 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-27 at 00.38.50 (1).jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 39
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-27 at 00.38.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-27 at 00.38.50.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 37
ARGH!!!
I really tried to extract all that I could from the Garaiya GT300 and the GT by Citroen but my driving/tuning habilities only go so far.
I really feel that I had improved my GT300 much, It lacks some grip, but I cannot afford to go wild with the downforce or the max speed will be impacted. Also I lack experience with gearbox tuning so I guess maybe with proper settings or settings from another tunes that could be improved, but last time I checked some GT300 tunes, all are for 500/550pp and Im trying to tame an even wilder horse here at 600pp... maybe I'm wrong but I can't help to feel that the GT300 have some hidden potential still.
Managed to reach the GT40's in other race, but I really want to get that McLaren son bad!:banghead:
GARAIYAGT300_NÜR_600pp01.jpg

Dunno, maybe I need to give this a rest for some days and try to undust some sleepers on the Spa.
Happy redlining holidays!

Last edited:
Nürburgring. AMG Mercedes CLK LM Race Car V.S. Ford GT LM Race Car. Pass for the win at Galgenkopf corner over the Ford GT LM Race Car. Winning margin 01:299. Fast lap 6:42.850. Top speed down the long straight 179MPH. The AMG is a difficult car to tune as it wants to go airborne at any moment as it did at LeMans. Not very stable at all.

Audi A4 Touring Car “Red Bull”. P1 Pagani Zonda LM Race Car P2 Ford GT LM Race Car. Fast lap 6:38.856. Top speed 180MPH. I passed the Ford GT LM at Pflanzgarten1 km 16. Passing the Zonda LM Race Car was much harder as by the time I got to the Zonda it was already down the straightaway. The Zonda can go to 200MPH as opposed to the 180MPH for the Audi. I was able to start to catch up to the Zonda at the left down hill corner to the start/finish line. I did not lift from the throttle until just about the very end and was able to pass the Zonda at Hohenrain. Winning margin 00.241.

good job on finding more cars that do well on this race guys!!
I was saddened to get the message from PD that the servers will be shut down on 28 March 18, I did get a PS4 and GTS for Christmas but still it is a sad day...

I had switched to PS4 but for F1 2017 game. After 1 month, I missed GT6 a lot & packed my PS4 & unpacked my PS3 to play this marvelous game.

I'm still not convinced to buy GT Sport as I'm a more offline player. Till they don't increase the offline content, I may not go for that version of GT.

Nurburgring. Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car. Cockpit race on replay view. Clean race did trade some paint. Tune by me. No aids. Fast lap 6:42.092. Pass for the win over the Citroen Race Car at Sprughugel. Winning margin 00.861.

Using it since yesterday. I think my tune is quite good, finished +1.7 behind Mac Laren GTR (7.21.*** overall). No win but I'll try again. BMW M3 GTR deserves time too!
The Mercedes has a 54:46 balance, I've managed to reduce the slight understeering by adding +75kg rear (52:48 or 51:49). Ballast not optimized, just a test.

Last edited:
Using it since yesterday. I think my tune is quite good, finished +1.7 behind Mac Laren GTR (7.21.*** overall). No win but I'll try again. BMW M3 GTR deserves time too!
The Mercedes has a 54:46 balance, I've managed to reduce the slight overteering by adding +75kg rear (52:48 or 51:49). Ballast not optimized, just a test.
What was your fast lap?? Yes on the BMW M3 GTR won with that Race Car just now. Fast lap 6:38.520. I won over the Zonda and Ford GT LM Race Car. If you need any help let me know. I did a 7:17.570 with the BMW.

Last edited:
I don't remember my fast lap :D I'll keep it next time. It must be +10s over yours (6.38 if I'm right). The only help I need is practice thx ^^ For example I passed the first intermediate @36s instead of 33/34s. However, I've realized that when you do a big beginning, the pole car does an excellent lap(<7'20), and when you miss the beginning, you can often nearly reach the gtr (>7'20). It looks as if the pole car adapts its tempo to mine. I've often seen that...PD pilots are programmed to have empathy ! ^^

I don't remember my fast lap :D I'll keep it next time. It must be +10s over yours (6.38 if I'm right). The only help I need is practice thx ^^ For example I passed the first intermediate @36s instead of 33/34s. However, I've realized that when you do a big beginning, the pole car does an excellent lap(<7'20), and when you miss the beginning, you can often nearly reach the gtr (>7'20). It looks as if the pole car adapts its tempo to mine. I've often seen that...PD pilots are programmed to have empathy ! ^^
:cheers: yes programmed for empathy:lol:!!

No matter which car you drive, it's pivotal to overtake all the cars as cleanly as possible without losing much time. Sometimes these AI cars are a pain, especially around the medium fast corners. If it's a slow turn ten it's easy to drive around the car but when trying to overtake them in medium fast corners, they stick on the racing line & overtaking them becomes a little tricky.

This race should be open till PD close support to this series. Driving around the Nurburgring is always a pleasure.

Back