A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 84 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

A-spec #61 Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Nürburgring Nordschleife.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Love it!
Just in time for those of us who don't have much time for the game, are crazy about the 'Ring, and get extended holidays.. . .
While I don't have much time indulging in virtual reality I do spare time to organize the events at the GT6 AI HUB even though I, myself, have precious little time to run some of the events as much as I would wish - so I'm really looking forward to lots of shenanigans. Add to this, I know that many of you will now be preparing some of the heavy-weights when it comes to running the "Ring, and it's going to be fun reading up on what you petrol heads will be doing with your thoroughbred racers.
There'll be a great variety of cars to try out - the GT6 line-up is absolutely awesome - and no better place than the 'Ring to thrash them.
Nice timing, PD. 👍

3rd time was the charm. 6:43 lap time in the Ferrari 330 P4 with tuning help from @skeagracing. This was the second time I ended up behind a group of 4 cars together fighting each other and me pushing the SLS Benz. Pushed him through that made the hole for me and that was 4th place. I managed to keep my wits about me and ran the Gt40 down at the beginning of the long straight. Thought I had screwed up when I tried to pass the GT40 in the turns but kept it together. Man this feels so good after throwing in the towel on the 2 TT's.

Edit: :banghead: Well I managed to get a halfway decent video with my phone. The race is not after watching the replay exactly the way I originally described it. :crazy: I still did win but had a few altercations that I didn't remember at the beginning of the race. It looks like I cut a corner but it was the RX7 that I bumped that bumped me back. The 4 car episode isn't the way I remembered it. It was the GTR I pushed that allowed me to get past the SLS. So forgive me please. I was excited. my camera work will be better from now on. Here you go.

Attachments

• 20171217_205959.jpg
    20171217_205959.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
3rd time was the charm. 6:43 lap time in the Ferrari 330 P4 with tuning help from @skeagracing. This was the second time I ended up behind a group of 4 cars together fighting each other and me pushing the SLS Benz. Pushed him through that made the hole for me and that was 4th place. I managed to keep my wits about me and ran the Gt40 down at the beginning of the long straight. Thought I had screwed up when I tried to pass the GT40 in the turns but kept it together. Man this feels so good after throwing in the towel on the 2 TT's.
Great job buddy, I had the same lineup this morning using the Zytec Nissan. I finished a second and a half behind the Viper. :boggled: Awesome winning in a classic like the Ferrari at the Ring. :cheers: 👍 :cheers:

Great job buddy, I had the same lineup this morning using the Zytec Nissan. I finished a second and a half behind the Viper. :boggled: Awesome winning in a classic like the Ferrari at the Ring. :cheers: 👍 :cheers:

Thank you all for the likes. 👍:)This was one of those races like I used to have in real life. I was in the "Zone". No mistakes, no offs, no wrecked AI's and thanks to the tune from @skeagracing :bowdown:this car was on a rail. It hit 203 mph at the overhead bridge. The GT 40 just disappeared from my review mirror. I think that may be the fastest single lap I have ever run since my wheel broke. I am going to try to beat the F1 since it seems to be the fastest rabbit. Not enough posts to know for sure, but

Last edited:
I'm so bad. I don't succeed in beating the Mac Laren, 7'20 with the 2J (1s behind gtr) and 7'30 with TS030...i drive very badly i know it, but i'm sure that if I could spend less time on the grass i would have chances to win :lol:
Tryin to find a good setup with the TS030...big downforce helps me to avoid the gras but 300 km/h aren't reachable...
conclusion : driving and reducing gradually the downforce :banghead:

I'm so bad. I don't succeed in beating the Mac Laren, 7'20 with the 2J (1s behind gtr) and 7'30 with TS030...i drive very badly i know it, but i'm sure that if I could spend less time on the grass i would have chances to win :lol:
Tryin to find a good setup with the TS030...big downforce helps me to avoid the gras but 300 km/h aren't reachable...
The five most important corners are from 1 to 5.
1. Corners leading to the longest straight. If there are several corners before the longest straightaway the corners before the last corner are throwaway corners and are not important only the last one before the straightaway is important.
2. The fastest corners on the track.

3. Any corner after the end of the longest straightaway or straightaways if there are more than one.
4. Connected corners are very important because if you mess up any of them you will not be set up for the next one’s and your rhythm will be interrupted.
5. Slow corners such as 180* hairpin.

Also when testing go slow to go fast so you can get your rhythm down for the track that you are testing at.

@cristobal, do not beat yourself up so badly my friend.:) Nürburgring is one of the hardest race tracks in the world to run and win. It is a track that regardless of your car choice you must learn the track. It really is the track you are racing against not so much the car or cars. I have been racing on it since GT1 which is over 15 years and it took me that long to really know the track. Even now I still end up in the grass, into the sand pits, 360's are common as are the guardrails. @skeagracing has actually driven the track in real life and any advice he gives you should take to heart. The only place where downforce hurts your lap is the long straight. You need it everywhere else.
There are a lot of people that really like the TS030, but there are many race cars that are better. The 2J is one of them and the majority of my wins at Nüburgring has been in the 2J. I have a very good setup for the 2J that is just for Nürburgring. I'll gladly share it if you'd like. The 4WD race cars understeer very badly in Gran Turismo and always have. I personally prefer a front engine rear wheel drive car because I think they are easier to control. Mid-engine rear wheel drive cars are great too but you have to always remember not to brake in a corner or 98% of the time you are going to spin out. Do you use a steering wheel or the PS3 controller? I ask because there is a very big difference in the amount of control you have with a wheel vs. the controller. Let me know if you would like the tune for the 2J. Also check your inbox as I have sent you a nice map of the track. Hang in there and keep practicing the track. I have actually driven many laps around the track at 60-70 MPH just to learn, find landmarks that help you remember what is coming up next as you drive the track.👍

I ran the 2J with the Ring Tune against the Ford GT LM Spec II. Lap time was 6:36. I call it the ring tune but I believe it came from @SW__10 a couple of years ago. Once again my memory is not what it once was so I could be wrong about who came up with the tune. I am going to run a search with the Advanced Tune Finder. This was a clean race. Video is uploading to YouTube now. I have found that if you save the replay of your race after it is over you can select all or no info and change views as well. I have a do-hickey that I'm making to hold my phone. Arms get a little tired after trying to hold the phone steady for a almost 7 minute race. Once you have recorded the race, go to your YouTube App on your phone. Select the video you want, name it, give it a description and on a Galaxy there is a blue arrow in the upper right of the screen and it takes the video from your phone and uploads it to your YouTube account. Not sure on other phones but this you can do without a capture card or video camera if you have a smartphone. Hope this is a worthy contribution to the community.

I searched GTPlanet couldn't find the tune. Did an Internet and couldn't find the tune either. it is a great tune for me I and I have shared it before.

Last edited:

I finally did it, and know that I brake too often ^^ Should have done a better time, but in two previous runs I went into the grass and 360° in the curve before the last straight because of understeer. I think it's a hard double curve to take at optimal speed.
An other point in this race is the diffculty to overtake. I have to quit the good line to attract the IA cars and then I can overtake quite safely.

So, 7.15.185 with DS3, with a demolition derby moment, and 2/3 trips on the grass so that I had to overtake the GT40 two times. And I prefered to push the leader in the last corner instead of an hazardous brake at maximum speed at the end of the straight line. Let my balls in an other room for this time. But now I'm cool, I'll try to pass under 7'10 (total time) by maximizing my corner speed.

The tune I used is the one given by the GT tuning wizard soft. Good one I think!

7.10.483 (Lap : 6.32.803) with a quite clean run. I overtake the zonda before the last straight, but manage to make a little expedition in the last grass zone...
I countered the little oversteer by placing the lest of 85kg @0% instead of 25%.
With a few runs and a perfect lap I should be able to do <6.30.000. But it's time to have a new car :D

I tried the McLaren F1 GTR BMW against the same car and lost by 5 seconds. Actually the Zonda Race car beat the F1. The car handled great but had no top end. I only managed to shave off 2 seconds from the beginning of the long straight to the finish. I'm going to try adjusting the tune slightly. Not touching the suspension, but I believe there is another 5 seconds in the car between the trans., LSD and Downforce. If I manage to win it I'll post a video. Certainly a more fun and engaging race that the other 2.

Edit: Could not do any better to the tune. If I kept lowering the final then the car would not pull, if I lowered the down force it affected how the car handled on the whole track. Lowering the final took me from a 5 sec. deficit to a 8.5 deficit. Lowering the down force was a deficit on the whole track. I may have tried to go too low on the down force but I could tell the stability of the car had gone away once I was a speed through the corners. I sent a message to the tuner. I hope he does just a gearbox for the Ring. I know several tuners that have a separate gearbox tune just for the ring. SoI'll try my Zonda since it beat the F1.

Edit 2: I used my '09 Zonda R and this baby was flying until I made the worst mistake you can make at the Ring. That is to trying and pass a car on the inside. I came up on the #51 Viper at 130 mph and was already entering the turn at Ice Brook (turn 27) the Viper cut down on me and sent me into a 360 which I manged to gather back up at Plant Garden but it cost almost 3 seconds so I lost the race in P2 by 0.467. The good thing is I am now reaping the fruit of my labors from the last 15+ years. I know the track very well. I go faster in places where I used to brake. So please believe me all the practice will reward you in time. I really appreciate the likes, thanks so much.:cheers:

Last edited:
One thing: for me it is a miracle that some of you get around Nur with the TS030.
The car ist fast, but it is uncontrollable. I tried so many tunes and it is always humping around and throwing its back away.

For me the car is undrivable on the ring. Other courses no problem - but here.

First place with Ferrari 330 P4...versus C5R :D Lots of faults, 6'53, but I'll retry, tune is not so bad...I had difficulties to overtake each time, ate some grass too, but no big oversteering or understeering, the car is driveable ^^ Should be able to do a 6'43 maybe...

A few additional cars to try here. Not the fastest, but very nice drives, and capable of winning in the right hands.
Toyota 7 as tuned by @GhostRider65
GTR R35 as tuned by @Bowtie-muscle
Cobra Daytona as tuned by @GhostRider65 (add Stage 3 engine tuning and full downforce)
Zytec Nissan, several good tunes for this one.
I did not intentionally leave anyone out, these are just some of the cars I have enjoyed over the past few days, so I thought I would share. Cheers to all! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Taking a break. My hands hurt from so much of this track in the last few days. I sure this friend of a friend is able to fix my wheel. It's been broken for so long I will probably have to learn it all over, but maybe my muscle memory hasn't been affected like my short time memory. Enjoy.:cheers: I have 3 cars lined up once my hands rest a bit.

Tried a few cars, realized some are good to beat the GTR but need another pilot ^^ For example, the Camaro LM race car should win easyly because i'm only 10s behind the first place :) I tried the Gt-R35 and it should win too! This car is particularly easy too control in the 2nd part of the lap :)

Tried the soft setup for TS030. It's better, but too hard to handle with controller.
You need to drive it really exactly on the line and that's what makes it very hard with the DS3.
I believe that it is quite easier to drive with a wheel.
So there is need for a good wheel and christmas is coming :D
Seems like Dad is getting a present for himself...

Up for next:
Touring cars: Opel Calibra, Alfa 155, CLK, CLK-GTR, GT500
Let's have a look which one will fit my needs.

Back