A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
I've been trying a few of the VGT cars on this event. The Mercedes was rubbish at 600pp, but the VW and the Alpine managed to win (didn't come up against the A.David though).

As for the non-2J/TS030 cars, the XJ13 is lovely to drive on this track. In this race, I watched first, second, and third AI drivers get into a nice little tangle mid-fourth lap as I went by on the inside.

image.jpg

image.jpg

TS030 Hybrid. Cockpit Race. No Aids. In P1 Toyota TS030 Hybrid. In P2 Nissan GT-R35. In P3 Ford GT-LM Spec 11. Fast Lap 1:24. Total Time 7:25. Winning Margin 00.092

Will have give the McLaren F1 GTR-BMW a go and see what happens. Thank you.
No go versus the TS030. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
No go versus the TS030. Sorry!

I know what you mean. I tried all last week to get a tune good enough to beat the TS030, but the KERS coming out of the corners is where it makes its lap time. The best I could do with the F1 GTR Longtail was mid 1:24s. Just not quick enough off the corners.

I know what you mean. I tried all last week to get a tune good enough to beat the TS030, but the KERS coming out of the corners is where it makes its lap time. The best I could do with the F1 GTR Longtail was mid 1:24s. Just not quick enough off the corners.

You are 100% correct as I made the same observation in the last few days myself. I even tried to emulated the TS030 at the KERS but it only slowed me down further so I am at a loss to understand why is it that it works for the TS030 but not for us?? I am no fan of this TS030 as I think it has “magical powers” than no other race car has in GT6. I got close one’s with the open cockpit BMW V12 to the TS030 but lost by less than a second and after that I was done with this experiment. I was totally demotivated and gave up and quote Max Papis “I never ever give up” but in this case what’s the use. I think that if the TS030 runs off track you have a chance but I don’t know if this happens in this particular seasonal at the Red Bull Ring.

I think that if the TS030 runs off track you have a chance but I don’t know if this happens in this particular seasonal at the Red Bull Ring.

It does. I've even posted a picture of it, post #41. I've beaten him in a 600pp Honda HSV because he goofed up on lap 4 at T2. 👍

Major rubberbanding going on though at this one.

Interesting drive just now.

Good lap :mischievous:

IMG_0425.JPG

Good finish 👍

IMG_0426.JPG

Weird finish. 11th faster than 10th? :odd:

IMG_0427.JPG

Lapped last place :sly:

IMG_0428.JPG

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice time @coryclifford ! 👍

I've managed 7:11.492 with the TS030. But I think a sub 7 minutes is possible. Mostly I drove 1:20 - 1:21 laps, and my best lap was a very low 1:20. Definitely possible to get a 1:19. And also in that race I lost control in the very last corner losing several seconds. So annoying, maybe I'll try one more time this evening for the 'perfect' race.

WP_20150405_001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice time @coryclifford ! 👍

I've managed 7:11.492 with the TS030. But I think a sub 7 minutes is possible. Mostly I drove 1:20 - 1:21 laps, and my best lap was a very low 1:20. Definitely possible to get a 1:19. And also in that race I lost control in the very last corner losing several seconds. So annoying, maybe I'll try one more time this evening for the 'perfect' race.

View attachment 345518

Go get that perfect race and good luck. If you do it please let us know. Bravo!!

👍

There's definitely more time to be gained. I'm staying on the outside of the big yellow car tosser bumps instead of going over them. I recall from the TT we had here that there's a lot of time to be had if you cut across the yellow curbs.

Did the event one last time with the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail. Not the best overall time, but a fitting way to send the seasonal off, in my opinion. It's been a pretty great combo for the last 2 weeks.

Did the event one last time with the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail. Not the best overall time, but a fitting way to send the seasonal off, in my opinion. It's been a pretty great combo for the last 2 weeks.

Was the TS030 in the lineup?? Yes it was a great two weeks that is for sure!! I got up the 50 million mark for the first time. What do with all that money??

Last edited:
Was the TS030 in the lineup?? Yes it was a great two weeks that is for sure!! I got up the 50 million mark for the first time. What do with all that money??

The TS030 wasn't in that race. I had the R35 GTR TC and the GT Spec II LM.

I had a final session with the TS030 against A.David. In my first race I actually came 2nd! David was really on fire. Haven't seen him go so fast before.

WP_20150409_001.jpg

Next race was better for me. Did a personal best.

WP_20150409_002.jpg

And one more time, improved one more second. That is the best I can do. Every single lap was 1:21.5xx - 1:21.8xx. Even the first one. And David gave up in the end.

WP_20150409_003.jpg

Really learned to like this track during these two weeks. i'm going to miss it. Perfect track for race cars.

Nice job mate. 👍

This track is back on the F1 calendar for a reason.

T2 is my only problematic one. Rest just flows. Love that feeling of getting the last corner right.

Re: Too much money. I just collected all the highest price cars then worked my way through all manufacturers cars and bought what I wanted. Now have 300 cars. Not really much else to do with the funds really.

I assume you're asking MTM79, but, I'm not. Just ABS 1 to get rid of the slight lock up into T1.
Well done on your time, I managed a 7:07.398 on my first run using ABS without SRF using Sixaxis controller so I imagine it would have been possible to get under 7 minutes.
With. Usually. Really enjoy the extra grip, way more fun for a casual player.
It gives quite a lot of grip, my first run with SRF which had quite a big mistake on one lap costing about two seconds was 6:58.930. Great fun though as you mentioned and well done on your improvements.

Re: Too much money. I just collected all the highest price cars then worked my way through all manufacturers cars and bought what I wanted. Now have 300 cars. Not really much else to do with the funds really.

Roger that! Great idea I will do the same this weekend!!

I've been tuning my cars and buying tires. It's very fun to drive a different car for each new seasonal event.

I have almost 500 cars in my garage and I plan on driving them all. It's a fun way to waste money. :cheers:

Back