A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
With some driving games, it's not enough to be the fastest. You have to also be the quickest to recover from the actions of an AI whose only possible motivation for being on the same track as you is to occasionally commit suicide by rear-ending your vehicle. Unless, of course, the AI really did intend to take that second gear corner at 290km/h ...

With some driving games, it's not enough to be the fastest. You have to also be the quickest to recover from the actions of an AI whose only possible motivation for being on the same track as you is to occasionally commit suicide by rear-ending your vehicle. Unless, of course, the AI really did intend to take that second gear corner at 290km/h ...

Yes sir, this week's AI really are extra special. Some beauties on the Eiger one as well

Tried yesterday the FT-1 VGT, came in second place behind Gary Cooper in his GT-R Concept.

Second try with the LM55 VGT brought a comfortable win over H.Ritter in a Zonda.

Haven't seen A.David yet..

The CLK-LM is capable of winning, as long as you can keep the rear end in check. It likes to spin up the rears if you get on the gas too early. Fun run though. Quite the challenge. No tune on it, just adjusted the trans ts setting.

image_6.jpg

Only had a short amount of time to try the seasonals today. Enjoyed this one, but haven't been able to get better than 3rd so far. Noticed a big difference in acceleration between the AI cars and mine. So far tried the Lexus GT500 (it produces good shakes with my tactile transducer setup), Nissan GTR Schulz (also good vibrations). Fastest so far with Honda HSV, but not fast enough.

Has anybody else noticed that in some cases if you tap an AI car from behind, they go insanely fast for like half a lap? I've had it happen numerous times, and it even happened with the pathetically slow Challenger R/T, where he took off like a rocket and actually passed a couple cars! :eek:

I must have a screw loose for trying the Renault R5 Turbo Rallye '85, but it ended up winning, mostly because the AI were driving (wrecking) like they were drunk!

R5 Red Bull Ring.jpg
R5 Standings Red Bull Ring.jpg

I'm always baffled what is the big fuss with the TS030 Hybrid, so I gave it a try and actually bought it. And damn, wow. Just, holy 🤬. That KERS-like hybrid system is just amazing. No wonder the TS030 Hybrid is perfect for 600PP events, the hybrid system gives it insane acceleration but is not counted towards the car's PP. That 2 million credits I just spent is back in a breeze. :D :D :D :D

Tried yesterday the FT-1 VGT, came in second place behind Gary Cooper in his GT-R Concept.

Second try with the LM55 VGT brought a comfortable win over H.Ritter in a Zonda.

Haven't seen A.David yet..

Makes me remember that Calvo didn't like you, too. The lead rabbits have heard about you, so they're probably trolling you. :lol:

Since when is this track in the game? I haven't seen it before. It used to be the GP of Austria, right? I remember it from the old F1 games, which means it's been a while since I drove this track.
Also didn't know you could change the game's language to Dutch.

yes it used to be called the A-1 Ring. Now Red Bull owns the track. I myself was surprised that PD included this track in the game. It's a really great track to hold GP-style races.

Thanks to the TS030 Hybrid, I am now farming the crap out of this seasonal. The TS030 opponent finally showed up, but I managed to win 1st place on my 1st try against it. Overtook it on the 5th lap. I retried, I overtook it on the 4TH lap. I get faster and faster and faster on each race I do with this Toyota. First a 7:23 total time, then a 7:19, then a 7:17, 7:15, 7:14.9xx, and finally 7:14.1xx . I'm actually scared of myself now. :nervous::nervous::lol::lol:

It took 20 try's to get A. David in a race this morning, also the server seems really glitchy, I click on seasonal events and the little wheel just spins and spins takes a couple minutes to connect, is this just me?

image.jpg

Has anyone figured a way to get custom transmissions settings to stay?

so far I've only been able to win using the TSO30 and the Furai....Actually had a easier time of it with the Furai
Personally, I had no luck with the Furai. Maybe I need a different tune, but I think I got 4th in the Furari when I tried it the other night.

I also got 5th in my newish GT40 with a mid-RPM turbo kit.

Guess I'm going to have to bust out the TS030...

Has anyone figured a way to get custom transmissions settings to stay?
Set final, then top speed then gears. Do not touch the final again.
If you adjust the final after the top speed it resets.
If you change the rpm of the engine it resets.
If you're in a online lobby you're fine for the normal way.

I beat it with the McLaren F1 GTR originally. Went back and got out the 2J and drew A. David with his deadly TS030, got him on turn 3 of lap 5 with a total time of 7:18 to his 7:22 on a DS3.

20150327_195613.jpg
Won in a Petty Blue Challenger. The GT-R was in the lead for awhile but had an "unfortunate incident" happen leading to a Challenger-Viper 1-2.
The Challenger made the A.I. look kind of pathetic. (Insert bad pun in [ ]) [It was never a challenge.]
20150327_201039.jpg

got a 6 second win using my Lexus SC430 GT500..it helped that the rabbits went off in the sandtrap to build sand castles. I was actually kinda surprised..for kicks I drug out my ALFA ROMEO 155 2.5 V6 TI and placed 2nd and 3rd with it..maxed out it is only 577pp.Even better than the BMW Vision Gran Turismo..which doesn't have a customizeable trans so its a dog on the short runs
Also in the don't bother column is the Mercedes Amg VGT Racing Series..only did a few laps with it and that was enough lol

Last edited:
Got around to doing around 1:27s laps with the Garaiya, best is 1:26.2xx. 7:36 overall. Can definitely go faster once I fine-tune it.

There is definitely something fishy going on with the AI. Bumping the lead car results in it going ballistic by warping ahead of you by what looks like a 100pp lead as people have mentioned in this thread. Crazy, but not unbeatable.

The Toyota RSC Rally Raid rarely gets mentioned on here, yet it is one of my favorite vehicles in the game. Even though it tops out at 579 PP, it can easily win 600 PP expert level races. Just make if you try it in this race to lower the ride height, or you may tip over! :lol: The tranny bug wiped out my settings, so I know it can go a good amount faster than my so-so time.

RSC Red Bull Ring.jpg
RSC Standings Red Bull Ring.jpg

It's like a different race with the TS030. (An easy one.) Granted, I didn't get a very difficult field to race against, either:

nEc3KqR.jpg

Fastest lap was a 1:23.651.

I wish I could say my latest attempt with the Furai was as successful:

j7fa1le.jpg

Fastest lap: 1:28.026.

On a side note, what's with that field: the #1 AI car is almost 28 seconds ahead of the #2 AI car?! (Not that this is especially unusual for GT6, but it's a nice example of it.)

Last edited:
The Toyota RSC Rally Raid rarely gets mentioned on here, yet it is one of my favorite vehicles in the game. Even though it tops out at 579 PP, it can easily win 600 PP expert level races. Just make if you try it in this race to lower the ride height, or you may tip over! :lol: The tranny bug wiped out my settings, so I know it can go a good amount faster than my so-so time.

View attachment 338640 View attachment 338641

This car reminds me of the good old days of GT4. 👍 I must try it later, thank you for giving me the idea. Last night, I managed to beat David A. with the Raybrig HSV, but only because he ended in the sand at one time and lost precious seconds. :sly:

Edit: Just won with the Toyota RSC using @Motor City Hami quick tunes:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t6-glitch-tuning-for-super-heros-only.291066/

Second was Vidal in his Corvette (see above), third Freeman in a Ford GT LM. Fun race :)

Last edited:
Has anybody else noticed that the Ai tends to drive this track horribly? I won twice by at 7 seconds but there was always a bad wreck behind me that caused the gap. While watching the replay I noticed on of the cars trying to take a curve going about 130mph. They didn't make it. Anyway that just something I've noticed.

Last edited:
tried it in the Subaru Touring Car,but got only third,way behind Pagani Zonda LM race car and Ford GT LM Race Car

did this passing manouvre with the Sub.

3taHa6rPpdywaAKAe_0.jpg

same with the BMW z4 GT3,only third way behind the Toyota TS030 and the Pagani Zonda LM Race Car.
only when using the TS030 i could win it easely,before again the Pagani Zonda LM Race Car and the McLaren F1 GTR.

Guess this is the very first time Red Bull Ring is used for A spec seasonal "race". There were a couple of TTs here, and now a rabbit chase. OK OK not bad... AI crashes a lot...

Hmm couldn`t beat A David with my Mazda LM VGT (whatever it`s called, LM55 or something) This car is fantastic to drive, what curve speeds it can do...But the sacrifice is acceleration and topspeed; in these categories it`s sloooouuww...

Oh the Toyata TS030...I hear someone here say it has extra acceleration power with that KERS... Never thought of that...Does one need push a botton to get that extra power? - In that case I`ll have to assign a button for it then, like NOS which I never ever use. - Problem is I have to let go of either my handbrake or my rearview mirror then...Or grow some more fingers...

Oh the Toyata TS030...I hear someone here say it has extra acceleration power with that KERS... Never thought of that...Does one need push a botton to get that extra power? - In that case I`ll have to assign a button for it then, like NOS which I never ever use. - Problem is I have to let go of either my handbrake or my rearview mirror then...Or grow some more fingers...

Same here :confused: :embarrassed:

Latest Posts

Back