A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
Oh the Toyata TS030...I hear someone here say it has extra acceleration power with that KERS... Never thought of that...Does one need push a botton to get that extra power? - In that case I`ll have to assign a button for it then, like NOS which I never ever use. - Problem is I have to let go of either my handbrake or my rearview mirror then...Or grow some more fingers...
Nope, the KERS is automatic, and you can watch it in action. When you brake, the green battery meter (inside the fuel gauge) will fill up; when you're at WOT, you can see it discharging.

IIRC, the real car (and all Le Mans prototype hybrids, including its successor, the TS040) are allowed traction control because of this, since the driver wouldn't easily be able to predict the amount of power it'd be putting down at any given moment.

Nope, the KERS is automatic, and you can watch it in action. When you brake, the green battery meter (inside the fuel gauge) will fill up; when you're at WOT, you can see it discharging.

IIRC, the real car (and all Le Mans prototype hybrids, including its successor, the TS040) are allowed traction control because of this, since the driver wouldn't easily be able to predict the amount of power it'd be putting down at any given moment.

Thanks for the detailed explanations, much appreciated! :cheers: Good news too as I don't need to mess around with the buttons on my G27 wheel. :) 👍

IMAG0284.jpg After few (unsuccessful) attempts with slower cars I've finally did this with toaster. Aaaand I really need to get some practice on this track.

Great, thanks :) Do You happen to know if the same thing goes for the new Lexus VGT?

I had an easy time using the Furai. Pulled a field full of GT-R's. I was feeling dirty for having used the 2J for a quick paint chip.

Finally got it done with the old Z4 GT3. I did cycle the grids to get a winnable field. It seems that the AI completely lose their minds if you are even in the vicinity of them.

image_9.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem with this particular race? Every time I log on, I get my 200% bonus, which shows up on the coin symbol. Every time I do this seasonal, it is miraculously off when the prize is awarded. Only this race, other two, no worries. A glitch or something else?

1:27 best lap and 7:36 final time in the Alpine VGT Race Mode.

Had a hard time keeping the lead car (R33) behind me on the final lap. He tried to perform a PIT maneuver on me :mad:

Won this race on my second attempt! The TS030 is your friend in this race! LOL! Won over 18 seconds!

Won it again, but this time with the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail and a very basic tune. I will be working on the tune later to maybe challenge the AI TS030...hopefully.

image_11.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem with this particular race? Every time I log on, I get my 200% bonus, which shows up on the coin symbol. Every time I do this seasonal, it is miraculously off when the prize is awarded. Only this race, other two, no worries. A glitch or something else?
I seem to be getting the 200% bonus without any problem.

To all the tuners out there, how do you guys go about fine tuning the setup for a seasonal? I spent a good hour and a half in a free run lobby tuning just the LSD. Would it be better if I did all the fine tuning in the seasonal race or just keep turning laps in a free run lobby alone?

Well I'm a below average tuner at best, but it'd seem to me running the actual seasonal would be best. If you didn't come in first there's still plenty of credit to be earned in the top half of the finishing order. You might as well cash in while you make your adjustments.

I hope the people at PD never let who was responsible for this seasonal to program another seasonal! This seasonal is by far, the most unpolished, unrealistic, expert level challenge I have ever raced... And I have raced a lot of them. Tapping an AI car makes them up to 6 seconds faster a lap? :confused: How come we can't go into super beast mode and gain 6 seconds a lap when we get tapped or rammed from behind? :rolleyes:

Another example that happened today: I tapped the 11th place TVR in the second corner of lap 1... Which caused him to go into super beast mode and pass four cars before lap 2! :eek: His 1st lap time (129.1xx) was faster than the first place AI's 1st lap time! :rolleyes: The TVR's normal lap times are somewhere in the 1:34-1:35 range, based on viewing times from other races.

Please fix this problem moving forward.

To all the tuners out there, how do you guys go about fine tuning the setup for a seasonal? I spent a good hour and a half in a free run lobby tuning just the LSD. Would it be better if I did all the fine tuning in the seasonal race or just keep turning laps in a free run lobby alone?

I do all my tuning, from start to finish, in the seasonal event itself. When I'm finished tuning the car, I label it in whatever tuning sheet I'm on for the track in which it was tuned for. A lot of my cars have 3 different tunes on them and a few cars I have multiples of because there are only 3 tuning sheets, or tabs if you will. All of my tunes are track specific.

I still need to work out the Trans to get it fully fine tuned to the event. I need to find another 2 seconds a lap to catch the TS030.
image_13.jpg

So, after that run, I decided to try the TS030 to see where I needed to find time. The hybrid system punches you out of every corner ridiculously quick.
image_12.jpg

Reset the trans to default first, then set final gear and "don't touch it again" set max speed then gears and that's it. It shouldn't change when you do race's. I've done it and it work's 👍 Read post 77 also.

...BAH. Figures. I finally take the TS030 out against the field, and the opposing TS030 isn't in the pole position, or lineup at all. >_<

Got a lineup with the Zonda LM in pole. Beat him handily with over 11 seconds difference, with less-than-ideal laps.

Ah well. Easy credits, and a new paint chip. :)

Turn your peepees down to get Affi David to show up.

Turn em back up before you start.
Talking about the transmission BUG.
I've been doing GT5 lately because it's so much fun. But after tweaking a tranny the other day, I noticed the last gear was all the way off the page when I had finished the race?!?!?!? How could that bug migrate across the two games??? Maybe it is in the PS3 system update?? Maybe that's why they are taking so long to fix it??

Cheers, Pete

I don't know, Pete. Was I quoted for a reason? My parents did always tell me I seem to have an answer for everything. :lol:

But I don't know.

Cheers.

I took my new Alpine Racer - Mostly just to test it out, Seemed to be close to the PP max... Took a while to get the feel for it an GT6 - Nice car, bit of wheel spin if you try to manhandle a corner. Brakes lock up if you stomp them. Had fun, but first race I was 5 seconds down in 4th. A Repeat and I got the win with a couple of corners to spare.
In a French car in Right Hand Drive - just as nature intended!
(I guess I was lucky not to get a Toy Yoda on my grid. )

A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring

View attachment 337435

View attachment 337424

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

I used the Mazda LM55. Wind by 4.5 seconds. Good car. Handling is great and pretty fast.

Back