A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 90 comments
I used @Jeje6410 tune on my new Furai with no oil change so that the gearing would match. It took me 3 attempts because twice coming out of the right hand turn onto the finish straight I ended upside down :confused:. I usually hook the curbing for a better turn in but both times I ended upside down. I kept the same line up and on the 3rd attempt I slowed way down, went wide to avoid the curb for the win. My MOV would have been much higher were it not for the curb. Got some good pictures. The car handles like a dream so I say well done my friend @Jeje6410. 👍👍 Now to try the Zonda R. I have found a good rhythm so now I can use multiple cars. For me now this is a fun event though not as much as Ascari. I haven't seen A. David and the TS030 yet. I have a feeling I'm about too though.:lol:

Thanks a lot my dear friend for having used and tested my Furia . It's a real pleasure for me. Thanks again my dear friend :cheers::cheers:

@Baron Blitz Red, Very good tune,👍 very bad driving:banghead: :lol:. I had a winnable line up with the GT-R Concept LM Race car as the rabbit. After getting out of @Jeje6410 Furai and into the Zonda was like apples and oranges.:crazy: I just need a little more seat time. No penalties but several offs due to mistiming my braking points. You get in that sand and it takes forever to get out of it (almost 4 seconds, which was the difference in the MOV). I'm sure I can win with it so thank you for sharing my friend.👍👍👍 I'm going to give it a rest for today since I have plenty of time to do it justice. Thanks again.my friend.:cheers:

@Baron Blitz Red, Very good tune,👍 very bad driving:banghead: :lol:. I had a winnable line up with the GT-R Concept LM Race car as the rabbit. After getting out of @Jeje6410 Furai and into the Zonda was like apples and oranges.:crazy: I just need a little more seat time. No penalties but several offs due to mistiming my braking points. You get in that sand and it takes forever to get out of it (almost 4 seconds, which was the difference in the MOV). I'm sure I can win with it so thank you for sharing my friend.👍👍👍 I'm going to give it a rest for today since I have plenty of time to do it justice. Thanks again.my friend.:cheers:

Anytime! Like my parents told me long ago... "Never be afraid to ask a question, only fear the answers!" :lol: ;) Let me know if and when I can help out, and I'll try my best.

Cheers

@Baron Blitz Red, I was able to win with your tune today.👍👍👍👍👍 My MOV was a lot closer than I thought. I had about a 1.5 sec lead on the GT-R until the last lap. I didn't miss any of my marks but that long straight before you to the esses before the finish straight he appeared right on my rear. It seems like once you pass the AI for the lead 1 of 2 things seems to happen with every Expert event, at least for me. The 2nd place car either gets another 1,000 HP or they crash. In the Ascari event the Enzo crashed hitting the barrier and I drove right through the flickering image of the car. I've found a good rhythm on this track but it is not as much fun for me as Ascari. It does pay good but I don't need the credits or any more cars. @Baron Blitz Red, thanks my friend for sharing the tune, it a good one for this track.:cheers:

Attachments

• 20170703_142231[1].jpg
    20170703_142231[1].jpg
    69 KB · Views: 26
@Baron Blitz Red, I was able to win with your tune today.👍👍👍👍👍 My MOV was a lot closer than I thought. I had about a 1.5 sec lead on the GT-R until the last lap. I didn't miss any of my marks but that long straight before you to the esses before the finish straight he appeared right on my rear. It seems like once you pass the AI for the lead 1 of 2 things seems to happen with every Expert event, at least for me. The 2nd place car either gets another 1,000 HP or they crash. In the Ascari event the Enzo crashed hitting the barrier and I drove right through the flickering image of the car. I've found a good rhythm on this track but it is not as much fun for me as Ascari. It does pay good but I don't need the credits or any more cars. @Baron Blitz Red, thanks my friend for sharing the tune, it a good one for this track.:cheers:

If you'd like, here's a really good track guide that helped me by @Tidgney ... was done for GTAcademy.

Cheers

If you'd like, here's a really good track guide that helped me by @Tidgney ... was done for GTAcademy.

Cheers

Thanks @Baron Blitz Red :cheers:, that's pretty much how I have been running my laps, but having the knowledge of the cones and signs for braking points were excellent. I'm going to watch this a few more times because there were 2 places that I went wide which would have invalidated my lap if this was a TT. I wonder why with this being an Expert event I didn't get penalized. I have gotten penalties but only for contact with the AI. In other Expert events like Ascari I got shortcut penalties. I guess because I didn't advance my position is the reason why I was not penalized. This was a good video for learning the track. I went searching on the internet for a track map which I found with the corner names and such but haven't run this courser enough times to recognize the names. I don't recall what my individual lap times were. By going back to my Zonda R post I was averaging 2:06.8 sec per lap. Lap one is always the slowest because in the races I have run I've had to get to either 6th or 7th place to get past the AI roadblocks. Then I have clear track so that I can really push the car. Very much appreciated my friend.:cheers:

Edit: Appears I wasn't paying attention to who advised me of the video.:dunce: Many thanks @Baron Blitz Red for the video.👍👍 I really apologize. Don't know why I thanked @AlexAlien other than he also has been a great help in this event. I guess my age is catching up with me. You know I get up to get something then forget what I was going after.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
GT40 Race Car 1969. No tune. No aids. No penalties. Clean race but did have one corner where I used the runoff but did not pass anybody. Fast lap 1:58.455. Pass for the win over the GT Citroen Race Car on lap 5 at Wellington Straight. Winning margin 00.705. I think I will try to beat the TSO3O with this race car.

Last edited:
Yeah...The Zytek is fast, and the 2J even faster.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

...drive like a madman to get it...
This pretty much sums it up, thanks for that advice. This car is new to the "seasonal racing cars" event, along with the two BLITZ cars. I think there was one more "non" racecar with number plates, can't remember which one. This must be a recent update. My HSV was looking hopeful against A. David until I *fixed* the frame rigidity.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I may be confusing the situation, but you quoted my post and thanked Alex... Who's Alex??? :confused: Please tell me if I'm lost, so I can go buy a map. :lol:

Cheers

@Baron Blitz Red, I went back and edited my original post.:dunce: Brain fart. @AlexAlien has been a help to me with this event as well I just lost my head. It seems my age is catching up with me and the meds the VA has me on doesn't help either. I really apologize:(.

@Baron Blitz Red, I went back and edited my original post.:dunce: Brain fart. @AlexAlien has been a help to me with this event as well I just lost my head. It seems my age is catching up with me and the meds the VA has me on doesn't help either. I really apologize:(.

Ahh ok cool... I wasn't looking for an apology, just clarification bud, as I thought I was the one losing his marbles :scared::lol:. Glad you were getting help from him, as it shows how this community does band together. Way cool if you ask me!

Cheers

@Baron Blitz Red, you are so right about the community. It was I who lost his marbles. That video was a big help. Won today with the GT-R LM, the BMW F1 with the Japanese name and with Camaro Touring car and having those markers for braking points really does help. I also when to @Tidgney YouTube channel and he has a great video for Brands Hatch that I watched. Thanks very much for your help and understanding.:cheers:

Got a win against a very weak field using the Nomad Diablo; 10:48.308 total time. Fastest opponent was the Corvette C5R, and all my laps were over 2 minutes, so I need to drive better. On to some other cars now...

ETA: but first a bit less rear downforce, softer rear damper and springs. Much better in the slow stuff and I can run 1:59.0 laps. Still can't string 5 good ones together though :dunce: :lol:

Last edited:

Cheers

Ahh ok cool... I wasn't looking for an apology, just clarification bud, as I thought I was the one losing his marbles :scared::lol:. Glad you were getting help from him, as it shows how this community does band together. Way cool if you ask me!

Cheers

Got a win against a very weak field using the Nomad Diablo; 10:48.308 total time. Fastest opponent was the Corvette C5R, and all my laps were over 2 minutes, so I need to drive better. On to some other cars now...

ETA: but first a bit less rear downforce, softer rear damper and springs. Much better in the slow stuff and I can run 1:59.0 laps. Still can't string 5 good ones together though :dunce: :lol:

Hey @spikyone, @Baron Blitz Red posted this video for Silverstone from a GT Academy Time Trial and it has helped me a lot. It shows braking points and good information about each area of the track. I had found a Rhythm that was working for me, but after watching this video several times my laps times have come down by over 2.5 seconds. I hope that this will be a help my friend.:cheers:

Hey @spikyone, @Baron Blitz Red posted this video for Silverstone from a GT Academy Time Trial and it has helped me a lot. It shows braking points and good information about each area of the track. I had found a Rhythm that was working for me, but after watching this video several times my laps times have come down by over 2.5 seconds. I hope that this will be a help my friend.:cheers:

Thanks Barnabas. I've been aiming to trail brake and hit similar lines but have nowhere near the skill level of that video!
The Diablo is a nice car around Silverstone; I also used the XJ220LM for a while but it was slightly slower, I need to improve my setup on that. I can see a couple of others in my garage that I haven't driven yet but might be fun to try later.

Anyone had a go with the Lister Storm?

Back