A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 90 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone GP Circuit

A-spec #55 Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Silverstone GP Circuit.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I remember this event. This is another of those tracks that fell into the same place as Ascari for me. I'm not even going to run it until I've run about 70 laps in Test Drive. I went back and looked for my post and that is how many laps with different cars it took me to finally win. I'm going to watch and see the number of different cars people are using and what tunes are out there. I love the Furai so that's going to be the car of choice with @Jeje6410 tune. I am hoping that by doing this that this event will have the same fun factor as Ascari did. I know that there have been many updates to GT6 and the cars from the previous event handle differently than they did back in 2014. The most important thing is to have fun, so it is my prayer that everyone gets the same pleasure from this event as I had with Ascari.:cheers::cheers:

I remember this event. This is another of those tracks that fell into the same place as Ascari for me. I'm not even going to run it until I've run about 70 laps in Test Drive. I went back and looked for my post and that is how many laps with different cars it took me to finally win. I'm going to watch and see the number of different cars people are using and what tunes are out there. I love the Furai so that's going to be the car of choice with @Jeje6410 tune. I am hoping that by doing this that this event will have the same fun factor as Ascari did. I know that there have been many updates to GT6 and the cars from the previous event handle differently than they did back in 2014. The most important thing is to have fun, so it is my prayer that everyone gets the same pleasure from this event as I had with Ascari.:cheers::cheers:
@Racin510s I have had great luck with the McLaren F1 94 at this track.

First try with the Furai was a 4th, almost had 3rd but the Corvette cut me off in the last right on the finish straight, but was still 16 seconds behind. Same issues I had before. I did not go and run laps in Test Drive. I don't trust myself or the car to go through those sweepers wide open and I believe that is what it takes. I have all the Furai's in all the colors but everyone of them has had an oil change. I also could not get 4-6 to match @Jeje6410 tune. I reset the trans to default, then set final to 4.5 and then lowered the top speed to the minimum and could not get the same gearing as listed in his tune. I really don't want to use the TS030 so I'm gonna wait and what variety of cars are being used. @Baron Blitz Red what is the tune on the Zonda?Please share if you don't mind. Nothing wrong with @Jeje6410 tune, it's all driver error.

@Racin510s ... Here's the tune for the Zonda R, I can't remember if it's someone else's or my own to be honest, but here goes...

Suspension: (Full Custom)
RH: 105/94
SR: 11.50/15.50
DC: 3/3
DE: 4/6
AB: 6/7
CA: 0.0/0.0
TA: 0.00/0.00
BB: 6/6

Drivetrain:
6/5/10

Power:
76.7%

Body:
DF: 400/650
80kg's ballast @ position -50

Transmission:

Reset to default
FG: 5.000 (Pretty Sure IIRC)
Max Speed to Min
1st: 2.890
2nd: 2.096
3rd: 1.605
4th: 1.340
5th: 1.155
6th: 1.000
FG: 3.250

Pretty simple setup but works well for me. After running the race again without as many mistakes as the first one I posted the time for, this car got me a 10:18.2xx race time with a 2.1xx MOV.

Here's another must try... I was hoping for a LeMans style battle between the TS030 and this LMP2 car, but no go YET. I'll find a race with it soon I bet. :lol: (picture from another Seasonal race)

7ETb1db.jpg

6W8VdLT.jpg

Cheers

This damned race. I was in a 2J, and I came so close to first, no cigar. Never thought I'd start to hate to see that Toyota TS030 Hybrid. Shown by these pics, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em - with either the same car or if you have a better car tuned, hit with it.

My first attempt was lucky with a super power limited Toyota 7, and my main guy with a Ford GT LM Race Car. If you have a Zonda R, chances to win are 50%. But if you see TS030 - if you don't have a good race car, don't even bother.

Looks like we got a Nurburgring competitor in terms of Expert difficulty theme races. Not as hard, but it comes close.

I also could not get 4-6 to match @Jeje6410 tune. I reset the trans to default, then set final to 4.5 and then lowered the top speed to the minimum and could not get the same gearing as listed in his tune.

My dear friend for me the setup for the gearbox is good with no change oil as I have written in this tune. But with oil change it's not good. Thanks my dear friend :cheers::cheers:

@Racin510s ... Here's the tune for the Zonda R, I can't remember if it's someone else's or my own to be honest, but here goes...

Suspension: (Full Custom)
RH: 105/94
SR: 11.50/15.50
DC: 3/3
DE: 4/6
AB: 6/7
CA: 0.0/0.0
TA: 0.00/0.00
BB: 6/6

Drivetrain:
6/5/10

Power:
76.7%

Body:
DF: 400/650
80kg's ballast @ position -50

Transmission:

Reset to default
FG: 5.000 (Pretty Sure IIRC)
Max Speed to Min
1st: 2.890
2nd: 2.096
3rd: 1.605
4th: 1.340
5th: 1.155
6th: 1.000
FG: 3.250

Pretty simple setup but works well for me. After running the race again without as many mistakes as the first one I posted the time for, this car got me a 10:18.2xx race time with a 2.1xx MOV.

Here's another must try... I was hoping for a LeMans style battle between the TS030 and this LMP2 car, but no go YET. I'll find a race with it soon I bet. :lol: (picture from another Seasonal race)

7ETb1db.jpg

6W8VdLT.jpg

Cheers
Well done Baron, well done indeed! I also used the Zytec and had almost the very same result. Blew by the very same GTR Concept LM in the early part of lap 5, he picked up the pace and hung tight on my rear to the last right hand sweeper where the Zytec out pulled him. As a GR8 alternative to the TSO30, whenever possible I like to use the Zytec only because I like the engine sound better, AND it is different.

I went back to the old event to look at which cars were winners and found a car and tune by @WhoosierGirl. The car, Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08 and it is working for me. Finished 2nd behind the F1 BMW by about 2 seconds. @Baron Blitz Red I haven't tried the Zonda yet because I prefer FR drivetrain cars over MR cars. After reading @Daduce1947 post if I don't get a win in the next few attempts I'm definitely going to try the Zonda. I have only run this 4 times at this point. I do know where I'm losing time so it's just a matter of more practice, so I'm practicing by running the race. Here's the link if anyone wants to try it
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rstone-gp-circuit.319671/page-5#post-10242298

Attachments

• 20170630_144633[1].jpg
    20170630_144633[1].jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 21
@WhoosierGirl tune on the IS 350 did the job for me. I just got a better line up of cars. I was able to pass the lead Corvette at the end of lap 3 and from there just had to hit my marks. He did get within .7 seconds by the end of lap 4, but since the AI brake so early and I brake very, very late I was able to pull out a little over a second lead on lap 5. I had a clean race, no penalties which was one heck of an improvement over my previous attempts. I did a 360 on my 2 attempt and got a 3 second ramming penalty on my 4th attempt, that late braking I do to the inside. I made 2 changes to @WhoosierGirl tune, I changed the brake settings to 7/9 and the Final Drive to 2.784. Now to try some different cars and see what happens. I have found a rhythm but not the best one yet. That is why I loved Ascari so much, I found my rhythm very early in the event and was able to use that same rhythm with each different car I used. I also had really great tunes by @shaunm80, @Jeje6410, @praiano63, @Kenzel and @Baron Blitz Red. Once again thank you to the tuners and the :gtplanet: community.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Attachments

• 20170630_153347[1].jpg
    20170630_153347[1].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I also used the Zytec and had almost the very same result.

Awesome! That's what I like to hear bud!!! As we've met before on a few occasions, I'll always wish you well... Racing at the Speed of Life!
Cheers

Baron Blitz Red[/USER] I haven't tried the Zonda yet because I prefer FR drivetrain cars over MR cars. After reading @Daduce1947 post if I don't get a win in the next few attempts I'm definitely going to try the Zonda.

I think you should hurry!!! There's only 26 days left! :lol: ;)
Cheers

Slowly getting the hang of this track, i tried a Honda HSV with an old tune from the Fuji TT (with TC1 and ABS1).

After winning against a slower field with a Viper as rabbit, i decided to give A.David in the TS030 a chance ;)

Silverstone - Honda HSV.jpg

Took the lead on the last lap braking very late into Stowe, nearly lost it again braking too late into Vale :scared:

Tried again with 2J, is another TS030 killer - you can make a few mistakes and still drive like a madman to get it. If no mistakes made at all and going quite fast laps, of at least 1:54 or 1:56, you can catch up.

I used @Jeje6410 tune on my new Furai with no oil change so that the gearing would match. It took me 3 attempts because twice coming out of the right hand turn onto the finish straight I ended upside down :confused:. I usually hook the curbing for a better turn in but both times I ended upside down. I kept the same line up and on the 3rd attempt I slowed way down, went wide to avoid the curb for the win. My MOV would have been much higher were it not for the curb. Got some good pictures. The car handles like a dream so I say well done my friend @Jeje6410. 👍👍 Now to try the Zonda R. I have found a good rhythm so now I can use multiple cars. For me now this is a fun event though not as much as Ascari. I haven't seen A. David and the TS030 yet. I have a feeling I'm about too though.:lol:

Attachments

• 20170702_134755[1].jpg
    20170702_134755[1].jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20170702_133127[1].jpg
    20170702_133127[1].jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20170702_133227[1].jpg
    20170702_133227[1].jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20170702_133551[1].jpg
    20170702_133551[1].jpg