A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 104 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

A-spec #33 Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
A-spec [#33] Expert Level Racing Car Challenge @ Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Little disappointed the fxx isn't a race car but the zonda r is, I thought everyone knows fxx is race car only, except for the one given to Schumacher

Good test, looks like you need to run 1:47 s to win, Pescarolo C60 is a quick rabbit. Silverstone is a proper fast boys track. Watch out for collision and short cut penalties.

As a point of comparison the real WEC LMP cars were running 1:40 back in April.

Last edited:
I used the LM55 since this is one track my PS3 hates, 30s in and the track's beginning to disappear.

Lol i cut corners way too often. Got many penalties but still doesn't cut it. Still a pretty easy win.

Interestingly it doesn't give any penalty when cutting the very first and large hard turn.

There are penalties on this one?
I used the LM55 on this one, 10 seconds plus.
Did quite well too easy in ways.

I went into this with an open mind and not focused on winning first time out but I did. Enjoyed it as well. had a slight problem with my LM55 not turning properly in to turn 1 and turn 9. Not enough down force or maybe to much?
I dont know.

IMG_6744.JPG

Turn 4 after taking the lead
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Tested most powerful VGT cars (basically 3 lol), all of them stock

The Peugeot was the weakest one, but you can still win with it. 1:47 was my best
The Chaparral is really fast but it lacks some cornering speed. 1:42:732
The Mazda has good speed and turns like it's on rails. 1:41:540
Also i thought the Aston Martin would be good... but it's not a race car. lolwhat... it's also the slowest car with 800HP+ i have ever seen

Also tested the Peugeot 905 and the Mazda 787B... and i was slightly faster with the Mazda.
I tried with a Mercedes CLK GTR, but got pwned lol

indeed,i ran in the back of another car and i've got the ghost penalty.

I ran into one and didn't get any.
I also cut a corner too, Nothing.
Ran into cones well only 2 of them and nothing.
Must of been lucky.

Used the 787B Stealth (Praiano tune) to win this. 2 things:
1: You can't say the track isn't suited for these cars because it's a F1 track.
2: You don't need the Peskyrolo for this to win. Apparently the 787B Stealth can win even when driven stock.

I hope many other cars are able to win as well.

Good test, looks like you need to run 1:47 s to win, Pescarolo C60 is a quick rabbit. Silverstone is a proper fast boys track. Watch out for collision and short cut penalties.

As a point of comparison the real WEC LMP cars were running 1:40 back in April.

Part of the problem we have is that this event is limited to RH tyres, you really need RM or RS for the newer LMP's to run realistic laptimes. For the older stuff it's fine though.

Ran with my Bentley Speed 8, detuned to real life HP. Runs low 47's without any real effort for an easy win. Don't mind them using the 700PP cars on tracks like this that actually suit them and are used in real life.

If there is a must have race car for this track, I would be interested to know what is the go to car. I did have a huge amount of cars but my data corrupted and I had to wipe the ps3 and start again. I have a 787b and getting into 3rd with it. It's not the stealth model and I am trying to set the suspension up with little luck.

I won this right away with the old Toyota 7. I just barely won with the Toyota. It would be nice to find a car that's easy to win with here to do some grinding for cash

I won this right away with the old Toyota 7. I just barely won with the Toyota. It would be nice to find a car that's easy to win with here to do some grinding for cash
I won pretty easily with the Chaparral 2J. It whizzes by everything else in a straight line. However, it was done ugly with a lot of red and yellow on the front tires. Does anyone have a 2J setup which dials out some of this understeer, please?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back