A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246 / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
The Peugeot VGT got me a win, mostly because the C60 Hybrid crashed on lap 4. Not a good time, but I'll take the win.

Peugeot VGT Tokyo Standings.jpg
Peugeot VGT Tokyo Car.jpg

Hate to be the kill joy, but the Peugeot VGT is good for the stockyard :irked:

I wish the 88C-V had a manual transmission in GT6 that works with the G27 H-shifter. I bought the Minolta hoping it wouldn't have the 'GT standard car' transmission issue, but alas, it did. $2mil spent and the car went straight to the stockyard. Sorry, I'm not going drive this car with the paddles or the sequential shifter on my DFGT. As a result of my stubbornness (not for lack of credits), I won't buy the classic Le Mans & Group C race cars unless I'm positive the manual transmission is authentically replicated in GT6. And from what I understand, they aren't. :grumpy:

I found two cars that you can drive with the H-shifter:
- Jaguar XJR
- Mazda 787B (huge sound, a must have).

The Merc must be a semi premium.

Strange thing (amongst other): you can use the H-shifter with the Deltawing... :lol:

Last edited:
SFR on. SFR off.

Lap 1 1.21.274 1.23.663
Lap 2 1.19.696 1.21.422
Lap 3 1.19.526 1.21.184
Lap 4 1.19.221 1.21.258
Lap 5 1.18.526 1.20.407

I have a different view of SFR, I get accused of using it even when I don't so I will keep it to myself though :sly:.

:bowdown: Welcome back, and would like to hear your different view of SFR.

Last edited:

- Jaguar XJR

Strange thing (amongst other): you can use the H-shifter with the Deltawing... :lol:
Yes, you got that right the Peugeot VGT is good for nothing.

Thanks. Have you tried the Peugeot VGT? I'm not a fan. The steering isn't tight and responsive, and the brakes are weak and feel odd. :odd:

A total joke of a car and the fact that they say that it is faster that a F 1 car is a total bunch of BS. I want my money back!!

Last edited:
I really haven't had time to race here as much as I would have wanted, this is what I've done so far:

Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 - 7:31.448 (1st)
Mazda 787B Stealth Model - 7:28.120 (1st)
Mazda LM55 VGT - 7:19.916 (1st)
MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V '89 - 7:25.586 (1st)
Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport - 7:50.617 (8th)
Zonda LM Race Car - 7:59.613 (12th)
Pescarolo C60 Hybride-Judd '05 - 7:15.780 (1st)
Chevy Chaparrall 2X VGT - 7:11.997 (1st)

The 2X is clearly the fastest choice for me, I tried it for two races yesterday and was able to do a 1:20 lap time in my very last lap. I could maybe get it to do a 7:04 race at most, perhaps a sub-7 minute race with luck. Only changes were 200kg ballast @ pos 0 and power limited to 700PP.

- Jaguar XJR

Yep, have the 787B and love it. I had the XJR back in GT5 before I got the G27, so thanks for the transmission info. I'll pick it up again.

Tried the Mazda LM55 and was lucky enough to have a lineup of idiots cause in the third lap on that first turn they were all piled up ad I move from 9 to second spot but the AI who was in the top spot really slowed down intentionally to get me to bump him and from there it took off.

After trying the Toyota Hybrid, HSV 15A, a Nissan, the Mazda 3 times again, the 2J finally used the 2X cause I remember it's DS3 friendly now and got it on the second try, not cool PD.

Anybody other myself try the new GT-R LM Nismo '15? I tried it a couple times and had a 4th place finish. It has potential to possibly win this seasonal, (With a tune better than mine!) despite being a FF vehicle and maxing out at 663 PP. (With an oil change)

GTR NIsmo 15 Tokyo Standings.jpg

Wow, one race a 7:32 would win, another top three all run 7:26.5....interesting.

The new FF Nismo car pushes like mad. The LM55 handles best but lacks serious straight away speed. Still gets it done with great handling.

The LM55 was a choice drive for that event, and if one was not too concerned into turning the event into a TT then a really great race in a very enjoyable futuristic car.

Wow! 6:55 for a 10s advantage! Goes to show how much SRF is ""cheating".

That's 10 seconds over 16 miles.

But let's address the statement ' . . . SRF is "cheating" . . . ' and I've noted your quotes around the word 'cheating', so have taken note that you yourself question this concept of 'cheating' regarding SRF, and as such regard it as an ambiguous concept.
So let me use your query as a springboard to put down some thoughts here, hopefully clearing up the matter for all so that we can move on to the next set of Seasonals without arguing endlessly about SRF/Cheating.

The use of SRF is not cheating when the player is compelled to - as in the case of the recent Daytona 24 Seasonal.

The use of SRF when enabled in an online lobby is not cheating.

The use of SRF when enabled for use against the AI is not cheating.

The use of SRF when enabled in Forum-based Tournaments is not cheating.

The use of SRF when comparing SRF times is certainly not cheating . . .

. . . so where does the 'cheating' come in?

Where cheating applies to almost any rule.

In any tournament, race, TT or other form of driving competition where SRF (or for that matter any other option) is disabled or forbidden, the use of it would be cheating; in effect - one is breaking a set rule.
That's simple isn't it?

So again . . . (since we're dealing with an ambiguous concept) . . . is there any other 'cheating' involved?

Yes - there may be subtle cheating if two or more players are comparing their lap-times, and they have agreed to not use SRF (specifically), then the results would be skewed, and hence not fair and truthful if someone had cheated the rule.
In that case the use of SRF would be breaking the rule set, and if not caught breaking the rule, then the person would be cheating - and successfully.

Is there any other aspect of 'cheating' regarding SRF - or any other options that affect the car?
There is the aspect of 'cheating' reality; some drivers would say that SRF is 'not real', or that ABS shouldn't be on, or that TC should be off, or that tire compounds are misrepresented, etc . . . the list is not only long, the list of subjective comparisons (and objective measurements) between the realities of driving (for each individual driver) and the realities simulated in the game are a whole different (and separate) topic, and the only 'cheating' that is involved is how immersive the game can make itself in helping the player cheat their own perceptions of actual reality and believe that the virtual is real.

Short and sweet: If one is comparing stuff (TTs for instance - since race laps can vary due to many factors) then compare apples to apples.
If the playing field is level and all the players participating are optimising the rules - not breaking them - then all the times shown will come up like them apples.
There are many 'aids off/stock car' TT-type threads where such controlled events take place - and more often than not there is agreement not to use SRF - and in those events, then, the use of SRF would be cheating.

Because players have now acquired the habit of posting full final-standings leaderboard-graphics of their wins in the Seasonal's thread, we see various finishing times, some of them average, while some of them (even factoring race-delayed laps) astoundingly fast - and this of course leads to some questioning.
I would think, IMHO, that there is no harm in asking for someone's specs, tuning, as to what aids used, etc, for comparison . . . and, equally, a refusal to give out any info is also a right. But - if a player states that a time is a non-SRF time though it actually isn't a non-SRF-time - that would be not just cheating, that would be false information, against the AUP, and disturbing the flow of useful and truthful information throughout the discussion in the thread.

Actual detailed discussions on SRF and/or 'the real driving simulator' have their place in their relevant threads (and there are many); the Seasonal Threads should be focused on the event itself, and this way we will all benefit from information relevant to the event itself.

I hope that clarifies the situation and we can move on for greater fun. :)

I have a different view of SFR, I get accused of using it even when I don't so I will keep it to myself :sly:.

You must, then, be a very good driver. 👍 👍
Am I stating the obvious? :)

The difference in times between SRF and non-SRF is directly proportional to the player's skill.
In effect - the better you are, the less SRF 'kicks-in' to keep you on the optimum drive-line.

The difference in times between SRF and non-SRF is directly proportional to the player's skill.
In races, the advantage of using SRF is more than just proportional to the drivers skill. SRF also affects the way the AI behaves. They become much more compliant, especially in the way the move out of your way to allow over-takes.

With regards to whether using SRF is cheating or not, as it is in the game then obviously using it isn't cheating. But in some circumstances it would be unfair to use it. When Tandem termed it "cheating" I think maybe he was being tongue in cheek.

Last edited:
SRF also affects the way the AI behaves. They become much more compliant, especially in the way the move out of your way to allow over-takes.

This may be true for you, but I have not found this to be the case at all. My experience is that it depends on the car you're driving. Some cars the AI just seems to leave alone, while there are other cars that they literally go after. No idea why this is, but I have observed it enough times that I can confirm it to be 100% true on my game.

Big text wall

I agree with the sentiment, but you're also overthinking it. :lol:

SRF just straight up gives you better, fictitious times. It will not compensate for lack of skill, but it will enhance whatever you do have. Given this, yes, some rules need to be laid down should an event call for it.

Whether you want to make use of it is up to you and I call no judgement upon anyone wishing to do so, nor would I request anyone to disclose any aids they may be using in seasonals. These events are for fun; they're not tournaments.

I merely wanted to point out how much of an advantage SRF provides and I think the times in this thread are a testament to that.

Not that I want to be back into the SRF discussion, but the fact that PD chooses to turn it off, on, or open for certain races is very telling.

I think at a minimum we would all get along better if we would simply include our TC values and SRF on or off when we post our times, so that's what I'm going to do from now on. I'm not sure if anyone uses more than ABS1, so I don't think it's relevant.

I know I'm nobody special, hell, I use a DS3 and auto, so I don't mind when my times are destroyed. I also happen to like SRF because it makes for a better driving experience (more fun) IMO.

For me this is just a game, I am a player not a driver. I don't like to really drive in real life. If someone else can drive I am a happy passenger. If someone wants to compare their non SRF skills there are at least 2 TT every 2 weeks. Seasonals are open , use what you like. If I was a cyclist and I didn't want to shave hair, that is my problem. When aluminum bats came out if you wanted to use wooden ones...that's was up to you. In short use what is want and is allowed and let others use what they want. Without calling it cheating, cause it isn't.

This may be true for you, but I have not found this to be the case at all. My experience is that it depends on the car you're driving. Some cars the AI just seems to leave alone, while there are other cars that they literally go after. No idea why this is, but I have observed it enough times that I can confirm it to be 100% true on my game.
Try running a race several times with SRF turned off, then turn on SRF and run it again and see what happens. I think you'll see the AI behaving differently.

For me this is just a game, I am a player not a driver. I don't like to really drive in real life. If someone else can drive I am a happy passenger. If someone wants to compare their non SRF skills there are at least 2 TT every 2 weeks. Seasonals are open , use what you like. If I was a cyclist and I didn't want to shave hair, that is my problem. When aluminum bats came out if you wanted to use wooden ones...that's was up to you. In short use what is want and is allowed and let others use what they want. Without calling it cheating, cause it isn't.

Historic post. :) 👍

Not only are you a better player than me you said what I was trying to with a thousand less words. :)

I don't like to really drive in real life.

You need to come drive my car :).

Try running a race several times with SRF turned off, then turn on SRF and run it again and see what happens. I think you'll see the AI behaving differently.

I turn SRF off and on in every race at some point. For whatever reason, sometimes I'm faster with it off. I think it has to do with how I like to drive, and again, DS3 + auto.

I have been called worse, :sly:

Mine was a compliment. But you knew that :).

Back