A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246 / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
The whole thing is almost funny to me, I didn't even gold this last GT Academy challenge :lol:. I just can't stand that track, or that car, just can't get into it without being able to tweak it here and there to suit my driving style.

The whole thing is almost funny to me, I didn't even gold this last GT Academy challenge :lol:. I just can't stand that track, or that car, just can't get into it without being able to tweak it here and there to suit my driving style.
The Minolta at High RPM Turbo Kit is the way to go and that is the first time I have use it. I got a time of 7:15 454 :).

Edit: I am getting close to your time.
P5260003.JPG

Last edited:
I finally went back to the 905B and was able to win after a couple more attempts. Exiting the challenge then restarting to see if the IA behaved any differently.

When I passed the AI 905B cleanly going into the last turn before the straight he caught me part way down the straight and at 180 mph was up along my left rear as I moved left towards the wall. This put my tail sideways and 3 more cars went past me again that I had just overtaken on the last lap down the straight and into turn 1.

I was able to pass them again on the next lap at the end of the straight, 1 or 2 I might have passed later in the lap I went sideways on (pit maneuvered by the AI). After I passed cars 5 through 2 going into turn 1 on lap 5 I came around the turen and almost hit the back end of the number 1 car, the Pescarolo, he was going so slow. I went to the right of him and realized I was in 1st and just tried to hold it together for the win.

This was the first race I even noticed the lead car slowing down. Every other race I was competing for the back of the pack. My lap times on this final race were ranging between 1:26 and change to 1:29. I don't remember how much I was slowed by the AI on lap 3, maybe down to a 1:31.

My total time was 7:28 though, so not as fast as many of you, but that was what it took for me.

This was my first (and probably only) race using SRF (Skill Reduction Forgiver) at this event. It took me a couple of laps to get used to it and during that time, I banged off of walls and into the back of more than one car.

image.jpg

For a game that is supposed to pride itself on realism, SRF (Super-Realistic Fakeness) comes across as silly to me. Wanna brake 150m later for this corner than you've ever braked before? -No problem! Tired of taking this particular corner in third gear while trying to control the back end? -Just take it in 4th flat-out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 13
This was my first (and probably only) race using SRF (Skill Reduction Forgiver) at this event. It took me a couple of laps to get used to it and during that time, I banged off of walls and into the back of more than one car.

View attachment 375695

For a game that is supposed to pride itself on realism, SRF (Super-Realistic Fakeness) comes across as silly to me. Wanna brake 150m later for this corner than you've ever braked before? -No problem! Tired of taking this particular corner in third gear while trying to control the back end? -Just take it in 4th flat-out!
You can get a really fast time doing what you just did. I done my race time without SRF and all clean laps, but you are having fun with SRF 👍.

Last edited:
You can get a really fast time doing what you just did. I done my race time without SRF and all clean laps, but you are having fun with SRF 👍.

That's not exactly how I described my feelings towards SRF (Severed Right Forearm) but then definitions of "silly" vary.

I was going to ask you about your Car Options because I didn't see them mentioned in the post where you showed us your time.

In my one-off SRF (Subdivided Rezoned Forestry) attempt, I improved my time by possibly more than one second per lap. Out of curiosity, if someone of your calibre tried SRF, what kind of time do you think you could manage? By my reckoning, a time of 7:01.xx to 7:03.xx would not be out of the order for you. Now THAT would be blisteringly fast!

That's not exactly how I described my feelings towards SRF (Severed Right Forearm) but then definitions of "silly" vary.

I was going to ask you about your Car Options because I didn't see them mentioned in the post where you showed us your time.

In my one-off SRF (Subdivided Rezoned Forestry) attempt, I improved my time by possibly more than one second per lap. Out of curiosity, if someone of your calibre tried SRF, what kind of time do you think you could manage? By my reckoning, a time of 7:01.xx to 7:03.xx would not be out of the order for you. Now THAT would be blisteringly fast!
TCS 1, ABS 1, everything else off. I think I would get a 7:04 with SRF on and TCS off but I don't really know, the AI have to be in the right place at the right time when you overtake them. The 7:09 I got a bit lucky but I will try it but I will need a lot of luck.

This was my first (and probably only) race using SRF (Skill Reduction Forgiver) at this event. It took me a couple of laps to get used to it and during that time, I banged off of walls and into the back of more than one car. For a game that is supposed to pride itself on realism, SRF (Super-Realistic Fakeness) comes across as silly to me. Wanna brake 150m later for this corner than you've ever braked before? -No problem! Tired of taking this particular corner in third gear while trying to control the back end? -Just take it in 4th flat-out!

I think you're in the wrong thread. You need the Elitist Thread, where everyone is highly skilled, and not racing for fun, but for pride...in a video game. Honestly, you need to get over yourself. But that's just my personal opinion :).

I think you're in the wrong thread. You need the Elitist Thread, where everyone is highly skilled, and not racing for fun, but for pride...in a video game. Honestly, you need to get over yourself. But that's just my personal opinion :).

I see that humour is a virtue in short supply with some players. My one and only contact with you prior to this is when you misunderstood what I wrote in the last expert seasonal and I pointed out that you did.

If that and making jokes about SRF is enough to get you to spit the dummy, tuff titties. Many people look down on SRF's use. Personally, I think it's fine just so long as the person using it has the honesty and integrity to state that they are using it when they post a time. Again, if asking people to show a little bit of honesty upsets you, tuffer titties.

Last edited:
Uhuh. And how strange it is that your eyes managed to see "elitism" in the very same post that contained an image of a finish time that was better than yours. The very same post! Weird.

Not at all, actually. I'm an average player, I use a DS3, auto, don't slam cars or walls, and don't use SRF most of the time (and I think my times reflect that). I have some friends that are much better than myself, and knew that they could run 7:09 or better, I was just waiting for it to happen.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have better things to do than to argue with you, like watch paint dry.

Does having SRF 'on' prevent going on two wheels? I don't use it, nor have I played around with it. If only GT6 had IDR, (Idiotic Driving Recovery) then I would turn it 'on' and use it all the time! :dunce:

View attachment 376086

SRF will make you look like Lewis Hamilton the current Formula One Champion when you get on any track so yes you can drive on two wheels and not spin out no matter what you do otherwise. I hope that all is going well for you and your health as this 70 year old guy loves to read all your post. You make this forum a better place that is for sure and thank you for all of your great advice. You make it fun!!

Thanks! I sometimes wonder if anybody understands my sarcastic "attempts" at humor? I'm doing OK... I'm probably pushing things too much, but that's my nature. Don't tell my doctor! My elbow is really hurting after taking that 2-wheeled Furai out for a spin on the 630 PP seasonal at the Ring. Luckily I got a Gold first try, so now I don't have to worry about further hurting myself trying to navigate through all those turns at the Ring.

And as for you skeagracing... Keep up the great racing and the excellent videos. YOU definitely help to make this forum enjoyable to read! Be well....

Won the race yesterday after quite a lot of attempts. I won using the 787B at 600 something PP (just the basic, didn't use any turbos or anything), just tweaked the suspension and brake balance a bit and used full downforce. Since I use a DS3 and the 787B is quite a handful, I used a TC setting of 1, to prevent too much wheelspin accelerating out of corners.

Finally won by a huge margin of 0.013 seconds with the Pescarolo C60 finishing second. I thought the race was a bit unrealistic though, since I was trailing around 6 seconds behind the lead car going into the last lap and still managed to overtake him at the left-right S-bend just before the final corner. Luckily I could prevent him from passing me just before the finish line, hehe. :P My fastest lap was 1.27.713, while the Pescy did a lap of 1.27 something too. So, the AI is definitely capable of running 1.27 laps.

But it is certainly a very fun race. For the ones who cannot come close to winning, don't give up, just keep going. Two days ago the best I could do was finishing 5th at 10+ secs from the leader, but yesterday suddenly managed to win. :D

Does having SRF 'on' prevent going on two wheels? I don't use it, nor have I played around with it. If only GT6 had IDR, (Idiotic Driving Recovery) then I would turn it 'on' and use it all the time! :dunce:

That looks like the Furai. Did you manage 1st place with it? At 675pp as I recall, I easily gave up on it as a potentially viable ride.

Not at all, actually. I'm an average player, I use a DS3, auto, don't slam cars or walls, and don't use SRF most of the time (and I think my times reflect that). I have some friends that are much better than myself, and knew that they could run 7:09 or better, I was just waiting for it to happen.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have better things to do than to argue with you, like watch paint dry.
Even with SRF ON, I could only manage a mid 7:08 race time with all clean laps and it all depends on what type of AI you get in the race to. 👍

Last edited:
That looks like the Furai. Did you manage 1st place with it? At 675pp as I recall, I easily gave up on it as a potentially viable ride.

Nope... Couldn't win with it.... On 2 wheels or 4 wheels! Even if I was near 100% physically, I seriously doubt I could win with it. I'm guessing someone can win with it, but it will take a perfect setup, five near perfect laps and a little help from the AI.

Yeah, sure. And your motives are completely pure and don't reflect spite in any way. Uhuh.

This is the second time in a week that you have started an argument by quoting me and responding with a criticism. If the arguments you create bore you, all you have to do is stop initiating them. Please try.

Maybe you're just an 🤬[effervescent buttercup]🤬 and I call you out on it? Could be.

Please refer to the following:

Yeah, sure. And your motives are completely pure and don't reflect spite in any way. Uhuh.

This is the second time in a week that you have started an argument by quoting me and responding with a criticism. If the arguments you create bore you, all you have to do is stop initiating them. Please try.

Edit: Pescarolo C60 Hybride:

ABS:1 All else off:

image.jpg

ABS:1 SRF (Surreptitiously Redistributing Fennel) : ON:

image.jpg

Last edited:
The event description was recommending a 4WD around that PP range. Clearly they were advertising the LM55 for this one. It works as well, got the Gold medal on the LM55 with all downforce settings set to the max.

The 2J is possible but the 1st gear is problematic when coming out of the first and last corners in this circuit layout. Also because there is a lack of downforce (you can't even change any settings for it) you are gonna get airborne in the kink at the straight after clearing a lap.

Group C cars will work but they are more likely to get you spinning out if you are not careful. All I can say is good luck in this one. At least it is not as hard as the classic racing cars @ Mid-Field and the 550pp race on Monaco.

Back