A-spec, Intermediate Class Non-Racecar Challenge: Apricot Hill

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 48 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
A-spec, Intermediate Class Non-Racecar Challenge: Apricot Hill

ApricotHill_Banner.jpg

Period of Availability: 06/26/2014 - 07/10/2014, 3:00 GMT
(Click here to convert to your local time).

Single Race:
Duration, 5 Laps.
PP: 550 , Tires: SM or less.
Nitrous cannot be installed.
Eligible Cars, Normal Car.

Typical Opponents:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.40,000
Silver: Cr.48,000
Gold Cr.80,000 + GT JAPANESE 008-W paint chip.

SRF is optional.

Course Conditions:

Time, 10:01.
Precipitation, 0%.
Track: Apricot Hill, rolling start.

ApricotHillTrack5L.jpg

TUNES:

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Lotus Elise '11 - @Otaliema - Silver Dragon Racing

Maserati GranTurismo S '08 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT - @Bee_Bee9 - Chunkee Monkey - (Tune's TT tweak here)

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP may not be updated daily between 7:00 and 19:00 GMT/UTC.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my -7:00 GMT/UTC time zone.

-----------------------------------------

When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.
-Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
Going to try with my Evora

Edit: easy 2nd place by driving like a drunk, went into the sand pits a few times, and still managed the Silver...

I was driving while putting my daughter to bed... lol

Last edited:
I guess I'll be using one of those 550pp cars recommended in the previous Intermediate A-spec race thread.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread. :P

Going to try with my Evora

Edit: easy 2nd place by driving like a drunk, went into the sand pits a few times, and still managed the Silver...

I was driving while putting my daughter to bed... lol
This one is easy for sure. Using a 550pp NSX was way overkill. The AI is so poor I dont know if I'd even care to try it again.

I won using these cars:

Lamborghini Countach LP400 (533 PP)
Lamborghini Miura P400 (530 PP)
Nissan Silvia S15 (547 PP)
Lexus LFA (549 PP; just oil change and tuned suspension)

I used the V12 Vantage stock @ 521pp on Sports: Hard tires. Pretty easy win.

The A.I. showed very weird behavior this event. When I watched the replay to analyze them, they seemed much more fidgety around the corners than usual like they couldn't control their cars well (even though they quite obviously had Driving Aids enabled).

As usual, when I passed them, they turned on their magic boost and kept up with me the rest of the race.

AI is indeed very finicky on this event... at least half of them goes into the sand box at some point or another...

Easy win for us, but i guess this is more representative of a sunday race for rich people... (i didnt say rich enthusiast drivers with experience).

Watching from the AI's view when you're in the lead and teasing them is both funny and disappointing; the amount of boost they get is phenomenal. Even if your speed is registering 25mph faster than the opponent, they can still reel you in on the straight with their tires screeching and generally crabbing their way towards you (ie. never actually facing straight on the straight). Looks like someone activated a rocket on the back of their car and they're trying to deal with it in a hilarious panic.

Ran an Aston V12 - hard tyres made a few of the corners a bit more powerslide-a-ble. Grip felt pleasingly low.

AI was slow and awkward at times, and they also a few made errors of judgement. I did have a race win in the bag when I broke a smidge early for the behind the paddock hairpin, a Scud (Ferrari 430) slammed into me like it was the opening shots of the Gulf War. I ended up in the desert sand trap along with my unwanted Italian pal, while the 3rd placed Audi Gallardo scampered past us both ... fix!

Actually I had a real blast as the cars at the front were jockeying for first and had a lap of close formation racing - the shock was the rear ended into the hairpin. So if you just trail into an early apex for the hairpin, rather than staying out wide and looping in hard and fast - If you have an AI car close by.

Did it with a 106 Rallye '03 on first attempt. And I'm by no means a good driver whatsoever!

Same here bro. Tuned my 106 rallye to 430PP I think. Great fun with that little boy making mince meat of Ferrari, Ruf and whatsoever. Seasonals are so unbalanced.

A run with the Marcos at 476pp and 185bhp.

I'd passed the Lambo turn 3? (the right hander) of the final lap and he caught me up at the end of the back straight. The Bull was living up to its name through the next section as he kept charging into me, but I left him standing through the chicane. I'd just got enough distance to not have to block...won by 0.020.

Apricot Hill Raceway_5.jpg

Back