A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Nürburgring GP/F

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 43 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Nürburgring GP/F

02-NurburgringMenu.jpg

Period of Availability: 07/24/2014 - 08/07/2014, 3:00 GMT

(Click here to convert to your local time).

Single Race:
Duration, 5 Laps.
PP: 600, Tires: SS or less.
Nitrous cannot be installed.
Eligible Cars, Normal Car.

Typical Opponents:
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren '09

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.47,500
Silver: Cr.57,000
Gold Cr.95,000 + GT JAPANESE 006-C paint chip.

SRF is optional.

Course Conditions:

Time, 14:01.
Precipitation, 0%.
Track: Nürburgring GP/F, rolling start.

NurburgringGPF-5LTrack.jpg

Tunes:

Dodge Viper SRT GTS '13 - @xande1959

Light Car Company Rocket '07 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.
Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP may not be updated daily between 7:00 and 19:00 GMT/UTC.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my -7:00 GMT/UTC time zone.

-----------------------------------------
When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.
-Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
All stock Ford GT. If the Pagani hadn't made so many mistakes - in the end they lost 2nd place to the McLaren F1 - this would have been interesting.

So I tried my Range Rover Evoque at 500pp that I'd used for the Mt Panorama TT, with ABS 0. I think I was still on SH tyres too.

I was real messy in some corners - too much rear BB, but the field of supercars seemed happy to pootle around to accommodate my lack of pace. On lap 2 I thought I was playing online as I approached the chicane - giant Polyphony Digital foam blocks everywhere :lol:.

Lap 3 saw take the P2 Enzo with a slightly dubious inside pass at turn 9. I kept P2 despite his attempt to spear me into the remaining foam blocks at the chicane.

The rabbit Huayra was way ahead and I thought I would manage second place - but he must have got bored by lap 4 and waited for me. I thought he wanted to toy with me...let me pass then PITT me.

Got within 3 seconds at the start of lap 5, then he went off into the gravel at turn 8, and I passed him but he just came straight back and took me like I was standing still. I shamefully cut the chicane to pass him :guilty: - which he clearly didn't like as he tried to run me off as we entered the final straight. The 4WD kept me going though and I won by half a car length. Actually quite enjoyable.

Took out my 500pp Sport/Hard GT86 that is in the middle of tuning. Only adjustments made so far are the transmission settings. It was a very good race as the 1st place McLaren and I battled for over a lap leading all the way to the stripe. Thankfully there was no silliness between the 2 of us (by us; I mainly mean the AI just being stupid and ramming me or running off the road:sly:) but the chaos involving the Lamborghini and Zonda for 3rd place was insane! I had to watch the replay, it was that much fun. When the side by side racing with the computer is that good, I give a round of applause to PD! But I know that there are many cases where the AI just play bumper cars or brake way too late. I still say it's a start!👍

Tuned S2000 '06, was easily fast enough to the point that it broke the AI catchup. The McLaren in 3rd did a 1:56 final lap to try and catch me up when I was running around 2:02. Got taken out by the second place Huayra at the chicane on the 4th lap but it cost him more time.

A good, fun and semi challenging race, with the same field as the recent Bathurst 600pp race. Once again, the mighty Aston Martin one-77 was a comfortable winner here. Great car which is a little bit of a handful on this track, especially braking at the ends of the straights, you must be conscious of the distance required to pull the beast up. AI are hilarious to watch in the mirror with their antics.

Took the Citroen GT road car for a spin. Just fitted all tuning parts and enough power upgrades to come close to pp limit. The car was unbelievably fun to drive. Very precise and stable cornering and quite decent acceleration compared to any of the opponents.

Passed the rabbit (McLaren) on lap two. At that point he increased pace and stayed the following two laps +2 seconds behind me. Then somewhere on 4th lap he gave up. In the end the gap had become +12 seconds... My lap times were very consistent.

Have made similar observations before. The AI seems to be driving a lot faster when they are close behind but when the distance increases enough they really start falling behind.

Took the Citroen GT road car for a spin. Just fitted all tuning parts and enough power upgrades to come close to pp limit. The car was unbelievably fun to drive. Very precise and stable cornering and quite decent acceleration compared to any of the opponents.

Passed the rabbit (McLaren) on lap two. At that point he increased pace and stayed the following two laps +2 seconds behind me. Then somewhere on 4th lap he gave up. In the end the gap had become +12 seconds... My lap times were very consistent.

Have made similar observations before. The AI seems to be driving a lot faster when they are close behind but when the distance increases enough they really start falling behind.
You are 100% right on the AI giving up....
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-stage-1-results.302113/page-4#post-9766376

Did this a few hours ago in the Light Car Rocket. Absolutely CRAZY race. I think I'm going to record the highlights and put them on YouTube... the Huayra choked HARD on the last lap and I managed to win by .4 seconds or something.

I really liked this event. Used a stock Viper ACR, and once again the TVR gave me trouble. It eventually ended up in a sand pit on one instance and also slammed into a wall right before the finish line.

But the McLaren though? Dirtiest AI driver I have ever seen. It actually over took me legitimately in a couple of corners, but other times it would ram me off the road. Felt like a was driving against an actual person.

Last edited:
Ran an '05 Impreza with a tune from TheCardboardBox that I beefed up with the highest performance parts and added body rigidity. Got Gold, but not without a fight from the Cerbera Speed 12 leading the pack. We traded 1st place as well as paint for four laps, but in the end I won, even with him bumping me on that last chicane. Definitely a fun race here.

Used my 300hp MX-5. First time out, on the last lap, all the other cars went all kamikaze on me and took me out. Rich :censored:holes in their expensive super cars with magic acceleration powers and no brakes!

Seriously, they need to look into this. I shouldn't have needed to restart.

Only found this fun with cars some way under the PP limit, like the AC 427 and BMW M4 (do people seriously need tuned cars for this?) but the Huayra would always drive really dirty towards the end, its most popular manouevre being to blow right through those blocks on the final chicane, not leaving me a hope of catching up. Annoying but the times it drove fairly, I was able to win :)

Great tune for the Light Car,Shaun! Awesome handling!
PD rant: Really PD, another crazy AI performance? Here I am protecting my lead, I see the Huayra running like crazy in my mirror. Together with a McLaren that has now caught up with it. Slipping and sliding around corners and yet has the super powers of catching up with me.
We're entering the NGK chicane and they BOTH take me out into the wall! I get buried behind them and am the last to reverse. Luckily I was able to overtake the McLaren but not the Huayra. Again, so much for REAL simulator. :P

Absolutely adore this race.
Having mad great fun in stockish 599.
Seems to be in good rhythm with AI.
You can tandem with em
Thanx PD.
AI getting better and better all the time.

I beaten this race with my Honda nsx concept'13 with stock settings,upgrades and ss tires.
I thought I was going to have a hard time with this car when I saw the list of cars but I beaten it after one restart because of the a.i. .

Quite like this, I've made a few GT race car-inspired tunes for the 600pp limit.

Ferrari 458 Italia '09 Sports / GT
SRT Viper GTS '13 Sports / GT
Jaguar XKR-S '11 Sports / GT

Not that they're strictly needed but I like driving the cars :D As has been said quite easy to lead by the hairpin or earlier on L2.

What sort of times are people running? Saw 2.02 from Fuzzi0n, that seems pretty much pace. 1.59 from my 458 Italia, wondered if we have any magicians here in the 55s or below?

(AI doesn't count - was lolling at 1.56 by catch-up AI McLaren..)

Last edited:
Took out my 500pp Sport/Hard GT86 that is in the middle of tuning. Only adjustments made so far are the transmission settings. It was a very good race as the 1st place McLaren and I battled for over a lap leading all the way to the stripe. Thankfully there was no silliness between the 2 of us (by us; I mainly mean the AI just being stupid and ramming me or running off the road:sly:) but the chaos involving the Lamborghini and Zonda for 3rd place was insane! I had to watch the replay, it was that much fun. When the side by side racing with the computer is that good, I give a round of applause to PD! But I know that there are many cases where the AI just play bumper cars or brake way too late. I still say it's a start!👍
Think we had a similar lineup, I ran the BRZ at 466pp I believe might have been 467. Anyways that McLaren becomes a monster once you pass it. Took about three races to figure out how to beat it with quite a few rams from it throwing me off track. Definitely a nail biter but final beat it.

Tried again with the ACR (stock) and managed to take home the gold this time due to the Cerbera's sloppy driving toward the end of the race. I hope we have more roadcar events like this.

Back