A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Twin Ring Motegi - East Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 30 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Twin Ring Motegi - East Course

A-spec #43 Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge @ Twin Ring Motegi - East Course.png
A-spec [#43] Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge @ Twin Ring Motegi - East Course.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Put SH tires on an otherwise stock Ibiza, and still it was too much car. I'm going to go into my garage and look for the cars I used in the Autumn Ring QM awhile back, they should suit this event well.

Edit 7/28: Posted in the wrong place. The Ibiza was stock at Autumn Ring, I did need to add some power and a trans to get the win here. Ooops, got to remember to engage my brain before I post.

Last edited:
Used the Esprit V8 from the Autumn Ring Mini round, what a pig handling beast. CS on front, jack up the bass end +35 higher than front, soften the rear and then it's drive able. 1:37-1:40 laps to win.

After coming home last night after a few drinks at the pub I thought I'd challenge myself a little. For this I used the Nissan Fairlady 300ZX using @shaunm80 's 450PP tune from the last 80's Japanese intermediate race.

Still managed to get an easy second place behind an M4 and I reckon with more *ahem* sober driving I might have won it!

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5), sauntered to victory with more than a lap remaining.

Lotus Evora + Evora S ( Basic + Full Option )
Standard + Close Ratio + IPS

Tuned to replicate Lotus Evora and Evora S Full Model Range
Comfort Soft

full

CAR : Lotus Evora '09
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs BASE Evora 6MT ( Including Close Ratio )
Basic Trim with Full Fuel Tank

Horsepower: 277 HP / 280 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque: 252.4 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1383 kg
Ballast : 53 kg
Ballast Position : 43
Weight Distribution : 39 / 61
Performance Points: 457

Specs Evora FULL OPTION 6MT ( Including Close Ratio )
Full Fuel Tank

Horsepower: 277 HP / 280 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque: 252.4 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1431 kg
Ballast : 101 kg
Ballast Position : 43
Weight Distribution : 39 / 61
Performance Points: 454

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : In Violet Metallic

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission - ONLY For Close Ratio and IPS, use stock gearbox for 6MT Standard Ratio.

Suspension - Eibach Spring + Bilstein Damper - Custom OEM Style
250/300 F and 400 R
OEM Lotus Optimum Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 125 125
Spring Rate: 4.46 7.14 - 5.36 OPTIONAL Front Rate
Dampers (Compression): 4 4
Dampers (Extension): 5 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 3
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.6
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.18

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock 6 Speed Toyota EA60 Manual Close Ratio

Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 340kmh / 205mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.538
2nd 1.913
3rd 1.407
4th 1.091
5th 0.831
6th 0.738
Set Final Gear : 3.777 ( As the real Evora uses different Final for 5th and 6th at 3.238,
I calculated the 5th and 6th in GT6 based on overall ratio calculation using 3.777 Final
Original 5th and 6th on the real car is 5th 0.9697 and 6th 0.8611 for Close Ratio )

LSD - TRD OEM LSD - BASE
Rear
Initial Torque : 21
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

LSD Open Bevel Gear - OEM Lotus Evora ( OPTIONAL )
Rear
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
4/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Included 2 replays of test laps at Tsukuba and Eiger driving the Evora S 6 MT with TRD Base LSD and OEM Optimum Alignment + Optional front spring rate at 4.46 kg/mm or 250 lb/in.

Tsukuba lap time at 1:04s and Eiger at 1:13s on CS tire.

Tips for driving the Evora :

Be smooth with steering and weight transfer.
Never be afraid to stab the gas to correct the line or tuck the nose in as long as both rear tires still has traction.
Brake late can be done, be sure to hold the steering well.

COMPARISON SHOTS OF REAL CAR STOCK RIDE HEIGHT / GROUND CLEARANCE 125MM TO GT6 REPLICA 125MM/125MM

View attachment 487870

View attachment 487866

View attachment 487869

View attachment 487871

Highly recommended to try this car for intermediate seasonal race at Motegi, easily win on 454PP, CS, base LSD, full option weight spec 1431kg, close ratio 6 speed 4.46kg/mm front spring. Use the quoted setup.

Very good handling around braking,entry and stable exit. Try to compare between base LSD and open LSD 5/5/5 setup.

Any excuse to take my favourite car for a spin-the monstrous Ruf BTR '86 ,no driving aids,no srf and tcs/abs both set at zero,100% stock apart from bb at 5/3 and lsd at 8/8/50(can't remember whose tune I lifted this from,but :cheers:).
An absolute beast of a car,but with some careful handling it's a total joy to drive and capable of running in the low 5.20s or better,my best so far is a 5.21 and small change with a fair few mistakes.
If you like a challenge and a car that will keep you on your toes jump in this little gem and take it for a spin :crazy:

nice driving with the Stratos Jase, that's a tricky car to drive. First time around I got 2nd in a Focus RS, then first in an Evo VII MR, and first in a M3 CSL. Fun event, will come back to this one.

Back