A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Apricot Hill Raceway

A-spec #57 Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Apricot Hill Raceway.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Another of my favorite tracks and a number of cars to choose. ;) This one I chose my '54 Mercedes 300 SL from a previous event before. I had to change a few adjustments especially the flipped transmission. I think there are times that the settings are better w/o a flipped transmission, because for me I have found a way to adjust the settings on lower horsepower cars. The flipped transmission in this car need a better final gear so that it would pull better from 2nd gear on.

Attachments

• 20170824_143616[1].jpg
    20170824_143616[1].jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 30
This one got me Gold after a lot of tries :scared: (another one for the Stock Challenge):

500PP at Apricot Hill:
432PP
- 1:35.556 - 8:29.485 - Ford RS200 '84 - SH - 4WD - 246hp - 1180kg - Ferrari 599 '06 - 8:29.556
(Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

Luckily there are many different rabbits, the Ferrari 599 probably the tamest - only woke up after i took the lead early on lap 5 :)

Now i can enjoy this one with other cars - enjoy it too! :cheers:

I chose the prize car to run this time. It has one of the best engine sounds IMHO. Handles very well being a FF car, but it does handle like a FF car. Brake early and back on the throttle and the front end pulls you around the apex. Fun race on one of my favorite tracks.

Attachments

• 20170825_144906.jpg
    20170825_144906.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 37
Used a Range Rover Evoque... 380 odd HP and 1,4 ton - the Gallardo walks you on the straight but you should be able to get ahead on corners that it doesnt matter.

Had some fun today at Apricot Hill. I had to redeem my Europa S2 since I couldn't get it done in the last Seasonal, the same with my Spitfire.:banghead: Also used my '66 GT40 since the Scuderia and the Lambo are pretty fast on the straights. I also used the prize Countach. I still experienced the very loose condition on the S2 but since I had SM tires I think that was what I needed. I got a little tail happy under braking in the GT40. All in all they were fun races and that's all that matters..:cheers:

Edit: Mary Ann you are a very fast driver. Your Europa race was a second faster than mine.:bowdown:Are you related to @WhoosierGirl ?

Attachments

• GT40.jpg
    GT40.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Spitfire.jpg
    Spitfire.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Europa S2.jpg
    Europa S2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Countach.jpg
    Countach.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I had a time with the RUF '86 BTR.:lol: I haven't driven a RR car in a while. A 360on the first lap, several unplanned drifts, lots of tire smoke but it was a good time.You can tell by the MOV. I should have used the RGT.

Attachments

• 86 BTR.jpg
    86 BTR.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 25
This was quite a challenge!
I love it. It's my default car for the Beginers, must have a go on here.

The tune I use has TONS of grip. Half the corners other cars are braking on, I'm still on full acceleration.

I took the Garaiya 'round for Gold first.

Last edited:
Well, I got out the Schwimm this morning for a few laps; no better than forth today.

There i was preparing to get into fifth position , only to find the cars in 7th & 8th Charge past us with a magical boost of speed!
What's going on there?

I'm still getting them catch me after the 7th corner, so I'll have to work on that.

"J. Brouwer" in their Spyker is like... "oh, 100 meter sign... no! It's at 50 meters I will brake", then blam.
(the throttle is released but is reapplied immediately)

Long time reader, first time poster.
After Mary ann's post, I tried with the schwimm and with the Beetle '49, after slow experiments with the latter's suspension I got some improvement but no cigar. Then I remembered the Karmann Ghia and applied the same Beetle concept to the suspension and worked like a charm.
I did my first test @ 450pp then a second one @ 425pp since that was the furthest I could bring the Schwimm.
Obviously, It helped the extra gear on the ghia, and it wasnt as tricky as with the Beetle, but I got this on my old Sixaxis.Karmann_Apricot_425pp.jpg Karmann_Apricot_450pp.jpg

Mary Ann said winning was quite a challenge when racing the Schwimmwagen..... And I disagree.... It is a ridiculous challenge! :lol: It's not too hard to get the lead, but it is incredibly hard to hold off the pack at the finish! I must have 20 wrecks "trying" to hold off the pack while leading in the final straight that cost me the win! :banghead::mad::banghead:

2nd Place Standings.jpg
2nd Place!.jpg
1st Place Schwimmwagen Standings.jpg
1st Place Schwimmwagen Car.jpg

Good tight racing in this one with the right car.
I suppose that begs the question, is an RX ever the wrong car?

Gonna miss the Hill,
and the Mountain,
the Forest too,
oh god... I just pictured a life without the Valley :(

Hopefully they all just being resurfaced and a facility upgrade.
Anyway, I might just go buy me a spare PS3

Back