A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 55 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Apricot Hill Raceway

02-apricot-jpg.271520

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 11/12/2014 - 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC .. EXTENDED OPEN TIME

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Soft or less
Categories: Normal Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.110,000
Silver: Cr.66,000
Bronze: Cr.55,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT POLARIZED 009-P paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Apricot Hill Raceway
Track Length: 2.40 miles / 3862 m
Time of day: 10:00
Temp: 25ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
Nissan GT-R Black edition '12

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
For a laugh I brought out my Abarth 500 '09 just to see what would happen. There's enough twisty parts in Apricot to give it a chance. It's mildly tuned up to 442pp with bolt on parts only with stock weight. I used my B tuning sheet which uses the default settings for the bolt on upgrades. In my second race, the fastest car was the LFA Nurb edition which gave me the closest race so far... beat it by 0.109 for the win.

Cheers

For a laugh I brought out my Abarth 500 '09 just to see what would happen. There's enough twisty parts in Apricot to give it a chance. It's mildly tuned up to 442pp with bolt on parts only with stock weight. I used my B tuning sheet which uses the default settings for the bolt on upgrades. In my second race, the fastest car was the LFA Nurb edition which gave me the closest race so far... beat it by 0.109 for the win.

Cheers
I used my steadfast GT350R, just because I like the sound it makes. Plus, it's fun to wipe the bums of Ferraris and such with a 1965 Falcon based car. LOL

Sports Softs are way too much tire for this event. Won with Charger 440 and felt silly passing the Ferrari 430 rabbit. 1.35.0 laps should do here.

I jumped into my '91 Lancia Delta HF Evo from the Rome race. Didn't change anything. Tune was from Arakkis Tune Shop by @feydrautha . This tune needs some tweaking for Apricot Hill as it's cooking the 2 front tires in the turns though once I got by the LFA Nürb he dogged me pretty hard. Margin of victory was .534. I think I'm going to go get my 22B STI and play with it. This group of Seasonals brought a big smile to my face. Three of my favorite tracks. Didn't even get the prize money as I have been at 50 mil credits for months. The paint chip is not that nice either. Now to see how low I can go in PP.

For an easy win
i used the @shaunm80 Ferrari 458 italia here
just reduced pp to 500, limiter @ 57% and the windows reduction (no pp added with that reduction)Total weight 1260kg
easy win.
Average lap 1:25.5xx and 22 seconds ahead of the rabbit.( not really a rabbit huh?)
shot0004.png
shot0005.png

shot0007.png

Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 -- I don't use this car enough. It's a little heavy, but it still moves pretty well.

slightly detuned bmw m4 no challenge at all due to the fact they give you awesome tyres

got 1st at the end of the 2nd lap and you're the rabbit

Cheers

Try the field with Pulkkinen on Pole and Saari flying as wingman. That, I believe at the moment, is the fastest field. We have raced these two rabbits before - they have always been the fastest.
I really like racing with them - smart, fast-thinking drivers who will keep you on the edge of your seat if you use the machines they are using - stock.

IMG_3073_zps8539c021.jpg

Well . . . back to the drawing board. I need to challenge Saari in a 560-40.

Last edited:
Used the Impreza WRX STI spec C '09.
85/85
4.15/3.75
2/2
2/2
6/6
0.0/0.0
0.10/0.0

Brakes
5/5

Gears
162 Max
3.415 Final

LSD
10/10
5/5
20/20
40:60

Power Limiter
91.1%

Very rewarding to drive, I find. Easy to handle, but punishes complacency and heavy footedness.

Took out a completely stock BMW 135i Coupe '07 (used Seasonal Event level tires) and was able to hold off the Gallardo at the end by 0.048s (8:31.752 to 8:31.800)... The jerk actually pit maneuvered me on the 4th lap, but I caught the spin and caught back up to him and his two cronies.

The Gallardo, Ferrari 599 and Lexus LFA were all in Yellow(ish) paint. I don't think I've ever seen P1, P2 and P3 by the AI all in the same color before.

The Gallardo, Ferrari 599 and Lexus LFA were all in Yellow(ish) paint. I don't think I've ever seen P1, P2 and P3 by the AI all in the same color before.
That's a good point. Not even in the Ascari Ferrari challenge :lol: and nearly all of them were red. I'm sure the 458 in P2 was white when I did it.

I'd recommend trying these. Little brother is more than capable of a good race and a satisfying win. The car is really very stable and huge fun at the same time. It's a very easy car to drive and should suit all levels of driver pretty well. Great little tune!

Big brother is more of the same but with even more POWER!!! Just a bit trickier to drive, a bit more care required coming out of the hairpin but still very stable and an enjoyable drive. Makes mincemeat out of Mr. Nakagawa-san in his nice shine GT-R Black edition.

Back