A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse

A-spec #63 Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track ~ Reverse.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.
If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:
GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan
GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS
Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63
Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami
Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt
Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80
Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973
Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain
TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959
Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell
Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle
The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde
Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44
MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo
Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410
If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.
:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I used a few cars here while on the hunt for more credits. Fun little track. I think I finally have a great tune for the Triumph Spitfire right around 500PP, it took awhile to get it to the point where it drives properly.

Getting things done in a BMW 120d.
Fully tuned and with TC 2 - otherwise you‘re just tumbling around :D

Fun track to drive.

I used the perennial cheater car, the 350hp 1,200hp Shelby Series One.

Chase car was the Cizetta V16 making it a bit easier (this car isnt fast).

This track in reverse is amazingly good. You still get the big jump going up hill and you need to control your power oversteer on the 1st 2nd gear corners. Also you're exploring how far you can get your car into the dirt edge to get a faster line.

A very fitting end to GT6 and the popular intermediate class.

Enjoyable race.

Too easy, used a neutered, C7 Stingray. Got pushed and turned around in the tunnel but still re covered for an easy win over the Pagani. Got the credits and another Vette for my collection and I'm done.

When I sore they were using this track I thought 🤬 no, but then I sore it was in reverse:odd:. Haven't raced it reversed until now, it's so much better. ;)

There's documentation of that barrier and cones rising from underground. Always funny. It has something to do with cutting through the dirt on the prior lap, I think.

Yes, there were a couple of discussions about it; here's one:

On Saturday nights, I start my nightly room at Eiger reverse. I run three races there. I have seen mysterious boxes and cones appear at the start/finish line about once about every three months or so.

On both February 11th and on the 18th, there were boxes for all three races. That is six races in a row with boxes.

I was expecting boxes this again this last Saturday, but there were none.

The have lots of mass, they seem to he much heavier than the movable boxes on other tracks.

I used to record every race with a "dash cam" (Iphone on a tripod). This is from one of the fist times I saw the boxes. They appear at the beginning of the 3rd lap (about 2:24).

I am driving the VW Karmann Ghia at 425pp with RS tires.

And from another source:

Why is it that I can't get out of my head the picture of Kaz laughing maniacally in the shadows.

Last edited:
Well, I tried my first race today since the issue with my right hand. I love this track in reverse. The elevation changes and the way the corners are setup to me is one of the best Gran Turismo tracks. I used my Shelby Series 1 with @shaunm80 tune. Only change the final and brake balance. What a fun track to come back to after my unintended hiatus. I found a different way to hold my controller So that my thumb is not wrapped around the bottom right horn of the DS3. I have been testing it a little at a time. This Series 1 has just over 600 miles on it which for me is a lot of miles. The lead car was a Zonda. I took the lead in the uphill left hand turn on the outside on lap 3. Never saw him again. I finished almost 10 seconds ahead. Sorry I don't have a picture due to the fact I wasn't sure how my hand would hold up so my phone was not ready to take a picture. I did try but the leaderboard closed before I could get a picture. I'm going easy does it with these races. I started the beginner race with my Copen Active top, but stopped after 2 laps. I am very happy that I can race again and I also got to play drums today as well. So My Father YHWH gave me a double blessing today. I'll run it again and post a picture. Hallelu Yah!

Well I sure thought that there would more posts than what I see here. Oh well. Good news my hand is almost back to full Function without pain. I am going to take things easier like limit myself to a couple of races per night. i never like these so called Super Laps even though i have gold a bunch with help from people like @Motor City Hami and his excellent tuning guide, @shawnm80, @SW__10, @nowcontrol, @Jeje6410, @skeagracing, @ praiano63 and many others I have forgotten. With the end of GT6 insight I hope @photonrider can keep the AI HUB exciting.

Well the reason for the post. I won the Intermediate race with a '68 Mazda Cosmo (L10B) with 453 PPIt was hard to get around the M% that was the leader until the final corner to the finish. Also used this car to win the beginner races again.

Attachments

• 20180218_221401[1].jpg
    20180218_221401[1].jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180218_221720[1].jpg
    20180218_221720[1].jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 26
Back