A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 77 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse

A-spec #21 Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse.jpg

A-spec [#21] Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Throwing Eiger in between Motegi and the RB Ring is a nice refresher. I like it. Time to compare the Euro-steeds against the Japanese dragons. And then there's that American muscle . . ..

Did it in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR '04 with the rabbit as a Countach 25th Anniversary. The short transmission helps with acceleration out of corners, and didn't take much modding. Rather easy win.

Damn doing that zig-zag part now uphill is quite a challenge, no more coasting like in the downhill direction. :)

easy win with my lotus 111R..I have a ton of 450pp cars from the Madrid race to try out on this track
used a Mini Cooper S '11 at 500pp, was fun but understeer and gold, added weight at the back, left with 487pp, again gold and a better drive.
Saw your post and took the 111R, same settings as Madrid, just added a bit more power, very nice drive.An easy drive i must say.

there are plenty of cars to win that race with - Impreza 22B, M3, NSX, any Lancer Evolution actually - this is just for starters..

::GULP:: Wow...I almost lost this race. :embarrassed: I chose the Ford Mustang Boss 302 and I asked myself "Are you sure this big, heavy car is a good choice considering you've NEVER driven this course in reverse?" I convinced myself it would be fine and then proceeded to bounce off barricades and fences and plowed through the hairpin turns with obscene amounts of understeer due to over driving the heavy car. Frankly, I'm quite surprised that I even caught the rabbit GTO. I forgot to look at the lap times of his car, but he must have slowed down a lot on the last lap. I was still several seconds behind at the start of Lap 5. :indiff: :dunce:

When it comes to Seasonal Event Super Laps I can totally understand why people use cars like the Suzuki GSX-R. It's proven to be THE car to use at a certain PP level and if you want to compete for Leaderboard position, you almost have no choice. With A-Spec races, however, you aren't competing against anyone but yourself. Am I the only one who gets easily tired of the GSX-R sound? :lol: Obviously, we are all entitled to use whichever car(s) we choose for these events. I built up a garage of almost 400 cars because I want to use them all, not the same make believe car over and over again. :cheers:

First post from a long-time lurker and former GTP member here. Been playing GT since 1998 and after a quiet spell with GT6 last year I've been enjoying the recent seasonal events.

I was surprised by the heavyweight competition in this event, my two AI rabbits were a couple of Vipers. I went into this with a 450ish PP 1994 Civic, ABS1 and TCS1, automatic and DS3. Had to abort a couple of attempts due to unfamiliarity with the reverse layout but then got bronze, next time silver and finally gold with lap times between 1:16 and 1:19. Beat Moreno in the lead Viper by just under a second in an enjoyable race.

Yeeee-haaaa! :)

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track.jpg

Arm-wrestling my wheel in the hairpins is quite an effort but other than that it's easy gold in a bare bone stock Ferrari 365 GBT4 '71. After the intermediate seasonal @ Spa Francorchamps a few weeks ago, the ugliest but most fun-to-drive Ferrari strikes again... and how! This is f:censored:in' insane!!! Seriously, try it out for yourself, it's one of the most fun rides I had in the game so far.

Being generally of a lazy nature when it comes to tuning, I decided to run with an unmodified Ruf RGT. Small, quick in the sharp turns, and predictable rotation in the long turns. My goto car brought me a gold with about a 1.2 second margin. Still playing with the Ruf BTR, again unmodified, but haven't been able to reign in that Zonda rabbit. This is a fun race.

This race is great fun, m4 coupe went surprisingly well. 1.12 lap times with just full weight reduction, power limited to get 500pp, soft racing suspension and standard transmission.

There will be 100s of good cars to have a go at this with I think.

Reverse direction is a nice twist. Need to run 1:14s to beat a GTO that must have well over 500pp. Used a V-Spec R33 '97 to overtake coming out of the tunnel on the last lap.

What are the chances no one will pipe in to use the GSX...?

Thought about using it but didn't. used my Alpine A110

jb5xjp.jpg

Last edited:
Yeeee-haaaa! :)

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track.jpg

Arm-wrestling my wheel in the hairpins is quite an effort but other than that it's easy gold in a bare bone stock Ferrari 365 GBT4 '71. After the intermediate seasonal @ Spa Francorchamps a few weeks ago, the ugliest but most fun-to-drive Ferrari strikes again... and how! This is f:censored:in' insane!!! Seriously, try it out for yourself, it's one of the most fun rides I had in the game so far.
@breyzipp ... it appears those Japanese road bugs have migrated to the Alps! ( joking) :cheers:

Brought my '88 Toyota Supra to beat a Pagani Zonda C12S for first spot. Great fun. Edged it in the last left hander.

The ole trusty Z4 M got me gold first try. Pretty easy against the rabbit Vipers in my race. There will be many runs on this one as it is quite fun. Time to go for a lot of variety.

If you want a challenge for this one, use a bone stock Lotus Espirit V8 '02 (482 pp - SH) and leave SRF and ASM off. The challenge is not the grid you get but keeping the Lotus on the track in the medium and high speed corners while overtaking traffic. ;)

2015-03-027.jpg

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track_1.jpg

@Xposed2Play I have covered my hood and bumper with insecticide coating now, it helps. :D

If you want a challenge for this one, use a bone stock Lotus Espirit V8 '02 (482 pp - SH) and leave SRF and ASM off. The challenge is not the grid you get but keeping the Lotus on the track in the medium and high speed corners while overtaking traffic. ;)

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track_1.jpg

@Xposed2Play I have covered my hood and bumper with insecticide coating now, it helps. :D

For an even greater challenge try the stock Evora with all aids off except ABS. Snatched first with a total just above 6:54.

Changed its sloooooow clutch and 280 km/h plus transmission and pushed it down to 6:43.586. Its tail heavy behavior makes it quite agile in those uphill bends, but DON'T go off the trottle when braking unless you brake in the straightest of lines when going downhill.

Last edited:
I've never ever driven this track backwards before. Now that I have, I love it.

First run, tried a car I've never tried. The Lotus Carlton. Won barely over the GTO. Fun ride.

WP_20150326_005.jpg

Then I took out my birthday car, the A112 Abarth and wiped the floor with D.Stone in his Corvette.

WP_20150327_004.jpg

Finally wanted a go with something fast. This one was way more than I expected. The car is made for tracks like this, capable of effortless 1:09 laps. The Ford RS200.

WP_20150327_005.jpg

Loving this event, I know what I'll be doing for the next couple of weeks.

Back