A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Matterhorn Dristelen

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 101 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Matterhorn Dristelen

A-spec #35 Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Matterhorn Dristelen.jpg
A-spec [#35] Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Matterhorn Dristelen.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This one is fun, I love MR cars at this track. I was surprised, in my first race here the f40 rabbit car was pretty fast, only beat it by a few seconds.

My word this one is hard

You start 40 secs behind... best i've done so far is 2nd with the typical Shelby Series 1.

I think there's a bit of reverse rubberbanding here?

Like I'm 20 secs behind on end of lap 3 and suddenly I'm like 5 seconds behind in one lap?

@lisanorm conceived this really awesome tune for a Subaru Seasonal trial in 2014. This is so good and helped me master this race against a spyker rabbit. Still using the car a lot. So thanks, lisanorm!

the tune by lisanorm, I am quoting:
SUBARU wrx sti spec C '09 500pp
353bhp 1230kg weight53:47 torque 50kg
parts needed:
sports hard,sports exhaust,high turbo,twin clutch,carbon shaft,centre diff,weight stg 3+bonnet,now this is optional front aero + rear wing don't need it but will help some.
susp: 130/130, 4.72/4.23, 3/6, 6/3, 3/3 0.0/0.0, -0.15/-0.11 brakes:6/8
power: 95.3%
lsd:
5/5, 24/24, 5/5 centre diff 50:50
ballast: 32@50 now downforce is up to you whether you have it or not 5 to 20 or 0
trans: final gear all way right max speed all way left
1st 2965, 2nd 2333, 3rd 1901, 4th 1563, 5th 1303, 6th 1111 final gear 3830 can change

500pp Yes!
Matterhorn... Well who cares that it's 500pp anymore what a garbage track.
First up my Pontiac GTO gets put up against a Ferrari GTO and Nissan GT-R... Wow that's fair!

MR and well balanced fr cars like rx7 do well here. All of the hairy spots on the track become easy to drive fast spots in a well balanced car. A lot of the track can be taken at full throttle or without brakes just letting off throttle.

Imo this seasonal is fairly easy once you get familiar with track, but if you try and be quick here in a car that tends to understeer you are at a big disadvantage.

Ok finally did it. Twice.

I used the above tune by Goetz but with the 07 WRX which starts with a lower pp (only 460) so you can slap more go faster bits on it.

But the 2nd time? I used the old GSX/R4 which I realise is a bit of a cheaty car but with 150kg of ballast, a gt6 tune off here and 250hp with all the upgrades it was easy as... you should be doing 1'10" to 1'11" times... the thing also handles like the track machine it is so many corners you can do flat out.

Had a few goes with my Miura (which showed up on the list and I thought I'd see how it fared).
Didn't even see the 1st & 2nd place cars.

Gonna enjoy trying to catch them up.

I won, no aids, with an NSX-R '02 over the Spyker. Mine has a flat floor and gives up some power.

This one is wild. I blew through the Expert with no problem on the first try. Got 3rd here with the NSX prototype, then 3rd again with the shelby Series 1, though I should have done better, but I messed up a turn hard. I'll beat it, but it's the best intermediate we've had in a while for the challenge at least.

If you get the C8 Laviolette as the rabbit, good luck. Ran twice with my NSX Type R '02 and never even saw 2nd as they were about 16 seconds ahead of me. Switched to my Evo 5 and made 2 laps before I decided it wasn't going to work. Went back to the NSX and got a field with a Viper as the rabbit and won running consistent low 1:13s. This was definitely one of the tougher ones we have had lately. Not really a fan of this track so I am glad it's over.

Man did not expect this car to haul so much ass practically stock! Great choice!
Thanks. :) This was one of the cars which came out of a FITT event I ran some time ago that really struck a chord with all the testers. It made sense to make it a 500PP SH beast for events like this.

It sure is...:cheers:

Thank you for this suggestion as this was a very fun race to keep trying and improve with each lap.
You really can push this car around this track and passing opponents on track is great fun. I think the best lap I have had so far with this tune is about a 1.11.5xx or something. Not too bad considering the lack of power parts added.

First time out finished 3rd 29 seconds behind a F40 and a GTO. Looks like I'm going to go and buy a new CSL since the others have had the oil changed. I know this track fairly well and was running 1:14 laps in my RX7. But 29 seconds is a bit absurd since when you start you are already 40+ seconds behind. Looks like once I win this one I'll be done with it.

If you roll the dice bad you'll get the Nissan r390 GT, F40, 288GTO and the Pagani Zonda.

I mean, good luck with that in your 500pp whatever.

In a normal day, a 1.15 lap is good but here? we need to go deeper!

You pretty much need to do four qualify laps in a row without any errors.

I tried the nsx type r 02' premium car here, the thing is pretty sweet here, might be fastest car I've run. Best lap was a 1:07.9
20151119_174001.jpg

This was pretty tough, 40 seconds to make up in 4 laps. Tried Elise 111R, GSX, Series 1 but only a lot of silvers. Lot of balance among cars at 500 PP bracket. Finally gold with a Corvette C6 in 5:46, need clean 1:14 laps. hint, cheat a bit on the grass at the bottom of the hill right hander. Also some rabbits very fast, I saw a R390 with a 5:36 time, I caught a break with the California '08 rabbit.

@shaunm80 is the man once again! The CSL tune is definitely a winner. It took me a couple of tries to get the right line up. My Rabbit was a '07 GTR and caught him at the bottom of the hill before the left onto the home stretch. I finished 2nd 1.6 sec. behind on the 1st attempt but I saw where I was losing my time. So I went back with the same line up and took the win. I don't know if I want to run this one again, we'll see. Just glad to have the gold so I can move on to the Expert Race. Sorry about the shaky photo.20151119_184947.jpg

I also want to thank @nowcontrol for his continued expertise putting up the new seasonal info.

Last edited:
Well my rabbit for this one was a V12 Vantage. Using @shaunm80's tune, I gained first by the end of lap three and won by a good margin.

IMG_20151119_183629725.jpg

Last edited:
Another fun and doable winner is the Elise '11, mine with flat floor and high rpm turbo. It maintains such high apex speeds, it makes up for any boo-boos you might make. No aids.

Back