A-spec Race Challenges #5: 07/08/2014 - 21/08/2014

• Thread starter et_
  • 267 comments
I ran the Nurb event multiple times with the 2J. Best time was 6:22.594, using Praiano's tune, and adding max ballast to boost up the power.

Tried the TSO30 for the first time ever on this same event. Wow -- that car handles like a dream. Again used Praiano's tune, but reverted to stock downforce instead of max downforce. Ran a best time of 6:16.977 which really surprised me. Didn't think anything would beat the 2J. Tried again with max ballast and raising power, but my times got considerably worse.

I'm able to beat any rabbit car, but noticed they REALLY adjust to my driving. With the McClaren BMW race car up front, it's tough to win by more than a second or two, no matter my lap time.

Anyway, thanks to Praiano for the great tunes, and tips from everyone else.

Edit: Got the TSO30 time down to 6:13.720, and that's with the standard DS3 controller. Still learning to trust this car will stay on the track where others would hit the wall.

Last edited:
Finally, after several attempts i won with this..Subaru BRZ R&D Sport '12,so at start of race it was 547 pp 445 bhp but at the end of race it was 544 pp 438 bhp,the only rabbit i could catch at front was the GTR R35 Touring car,got him on the very last corner,this car was fun and handled great,Praiano's tune(thanx) but tweaked for this event...Gee that was fun :D

NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car at 560 pp, awesome, great high speed cornering. Watch the oversteer a bit and should be relatively easy for the PP. Stock all except lsd, df, and brakes

@lisanorm BRZ R&D 539 pp mostly stock, great ! R8 LMS rabbit, must be the slowest of all, won 1st time with 7:37.

Calibra TC '94 535 pp 7:31.xxx

Last edited:
Really weird thing happened

I drove poorly and still won with TS030, with .008 difference. Also received the 0,01 Seconds! psn trophy, BUT GT6 gave me the silver trophy. So I DIDNT WON

Anyone had this glitch?

Wow, how did it happen? Can you take a photo from the replay for the moment two cars at the finish line?

Maybe the trophy is obtained by the extended tongue, like McGueen? :lol:

Its really not so easy but I won a couple times with following Cars
Xanavia Nismo GTR '08
HSV 010 GT Base Model 12
GTR GT500 Base Model 08
GTR R35 Touring Car

Cheers
Andreas

I gave the HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 a go and it flies. In the middle of a multiple corner, I came off the back of a slow car and hit the wall, so there are at least three more seconds possible.

image.jpg

I'm going to have to try the rest of your list at some stage. :)

The FTO Super touring car is very underrated. I really recommend this car, with Praiano's tune it is a real "sleeper" :)

Funny, that car was the next one on my list for Seasonal... :)

Is it a winner? Against wich "rabbits"? TY!

The FTO Super touring car is very underrated. I really recommend this car, with Praiano's tune it is a real "sleeper" :)

Yes, is it a winner and what rabbits??

Just out of curiosity, if anyone wants to try:

Praiano´s tune for the McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing)´95

Very stable, fast and fun. And its not a LMP...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I did NOT used oil change and improve body...

Was it a winner and what rabbits??

Last edited by a moderator:
Stats atm:

3 races done - 3 wins
1st place opponents:

• Pagani Zonda LM
  • Ford GT LM Race Car
  • Ford GT Spec... something... something... The black/carbon car! :P

Super, thank you. Did you change the final gear as I want to see if I can take down the rabbit before the long straight-away

Super, thank you. Did you change the final gear as I want to see if I can take down the rabbit before the long straight-away

I have made a few changes for me, to adapt to my driving style... I indeed changed the final gear, but only after the 2nd race, and in draft the McL managed to get to 310/kmh (+/- 192mph). I also played a little with the LSD...

If you manage to do a clean and fast lap, you´ll be in 1st before the straight...

What did you do to the LSD as that is very important if you do not use aids?
Again thank you.

I have made a few changes for me, to adapt to my driving style... I indeed changed the final gear, but only after the 2nd race, and in draft the McL managed to get to 310/kmh (+/- 192mph). I also played a little with the LSD...

If you manage to do a clean and fast lap, you´ll be in 1st before the straight...

I would like to be in 1st before the straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you do to the LSD as that is very important if you do not use aids?
Again thank you.

I use NO aids. Only ABS when needed. 👍 (DS3 user)
I lowered a bit the acc sensitivity, in slow corners it started to spin the rear wheels (I believe i decreased only 2 below the original value...)

I would like to be in 1st before the straight.

:)

@SRT4Real

Tried the TSO30 for the first time ever on this same event. Wow -- that car handles like a dream. Again used Praiano's tune, but reverted to stock downforce instead of max downforce. Ran a best time of 6:16.977 which really surprised me. Didn't think anything would beat the 2J. Tried again with max ballast and raising power, but my times got considerably worse.

Did you noticed a big difference in going back to stock aero? I´ve been reducing in increments the aero, but was afraid the stock would made the car way too loose...

TY!

Last edited:
I use NO aids. Only ABS when needed. 👍 (DS3 user)
I lowered a bit the acc sensitivity, in slow corners it started to spin the rear wheels (I believe i decreased only 2 below the original value...)

:)

Same here I use ABS when needed. Perfect on the acc sensitivity as I was having same problem with the slow corners and wheel spin. I will try your way and get back with you with results.

Wow..., this Race is hard...

In my first race I take the Audi A4 DTM = second place 07:02.xxx - the leader with a time of 06:59.xxx ... (Zonda LeMans)

In my second race I take the Nissan R34 = second place 06:58.xxx - the leader 06:52.xxx (Zonda LeMans)

Third race with the GT-R Sealth = second place 06:50.xxx - and the Leader with 06:42.xxx (GT-R Concept LeMans)...
:banghead:

Interesting pattern, if you just look at it, the faster you go, the faster the AIs go :D In your example, the AIs improved 4-8 seconds every time you ran with a faster lol. They like messing with you your pace huh. This pattern has been observed by me and other players for a while now.

One trick I learn to win in these race is that: The LESS contact you made with the AIs when passing, the HIGHER chance of WINNING the race. The AIs seem to retaliate if you make contact with them during passing, they will come back in full speed and hunt you down lol.

@SRT4Real

Did you noticed a big difference in going back to stock aero? I´ve been reducing in increments the aero, but was afraid the stock would made the car way too loose...

TY!

Car is definitely looser with stock aero, but still sticks like glue compared to many other cars. For my style, it certainly makes up for it on the long straights with the extra speed at top end. Probably a different story for a tighter track than the Nurb.

One trick I learn to win in these race is that: The LESS contact you made with the AIs when passing, the HIGHER chance of WINNING the race. The AIs seem to retaliate if you make contact with them during passing, they will come back in full speed and hunt you down lol.

Haha, so im not insane!? Someone else noticed this!? OMG, im happy, thought I was going nuts... :P

Car is definitely looser with stock aero, but still sticks like glue compared to many other cars. For my style, it certainly makes up for it on the long straights with the extra speed at top end. Probably a different story for a tighter track than the Nurb.

TY! Will definitely try it! 👍

EDIT: Default aero values, right?

I am really trying to beat this on an Audi R18 TDI Anniversary which is one of my favorites. If I detune it to 600pp I get around 460bhp and very low torque at high rpm and I am struggling on the straight... Cornering though is awesome if you tweak suspension for Nurb! I am getting second all the time and bad luck is to blame here. I will also wait for Ford GT LM to be the rabbit...

@cbarbosa not at all lol, great minds think alike :P

AIs already give out a message to us: If you push me over when passing, I will not only push you over but I will kill you literally!!! You think you can run faster than me, I have hidden NOS and rocket in my car yooooo, zrrorooooooooommmmm and bammmmm rear end you! :D

Another way to win is using a lower PP cars especially stock cars, the AIs will generally run slower to give you some chances. I can confirm this because I have tried.

Finally gold at the Nordschleife! :gtpflag:

Used the BMW M3 GTR Race Car with my own tune, which was what I started out with before trying the R33 Touring Car I mentioned in my last post. 6.41 so only improved on my prev best by two seconds..

I have grown to believe that the outcome of the AI performance depends on how cleanly you pass cars 11 through 2. If you stay on the track and don't make contact, they come to you. However for everything you hit the rabbit seems to gain 5 secs. I obviously have no way of knowing if this is how the rabbit works, but it was brought up by a previous post and this also is what I have observed myself - at least in this particular seasonal challenge. My gold run was super-clean and it was no sweat to take the lead on the back straight. Woohoo! :D

Haha, so im not insane!? Someone else noticed this!? OMG, im happy, thought I was going nuts... :P

TY! Will definitely try it! 👍

EDIT: Default aero values, right?

Yes, I used the default aero values, and they worked well. Let me know if you discover better settings.

Finally gold at the Nordschleife! :gtpflag:

Used the BMW M3 GTR Race Car with my own tune, which was what I started out with before trying the R33 Touring Car I mentioned in my last post. 6.41 so only improved on my prev best by two seconds..

I have grown to believe that the outcome of the AI performance depends on how cleanly you pass cars 11 through 2. If you stay on the track and don't make contact, they come to you. However for everything you hit the rabbit seems to gain 5 secs. I obviously have no way of knowing if this is how the rabbit works, but it was brought up by a previous post and this also is what I have observed myself - at least in this particular seasonal challenge. My gold run was super-clean and it was no sweat to take the lead on the back straight. Woohoo! :D

Yep, thank you for the confirmation. I have noticed and observed this pattern over and over again in many events. As a beginner of this game, I gold the races usually with times that are slower than many others who have gold or even silver so I figure out it must be something going on with the AIs. I continued doing experience with different cars and different driving aggression. In all my aggressive dirty driving to pass the AIs, I usually get 3rd or best 2nd place and rarely gold. Then, I ran conservatively with clean passes and gold even with slower time. Also, by doing clean passes, the AIs drive more cleanly as well.

Even though the AIs are lacking, I still want to give props to Polyphony for designing the AIs this way as to promote clean driving and passing. I hope random online players drive more clean too lol.

Yep, thank you for the confirmation. I have noticed and observed this pattern over and over again in many events. As a beginner of this game, I gold the races usually with times that are slower than many others who have gold or even silver so I figure out it must be something going on with the AIs. I continued doing experience with different cars and different driving aggression. In all my aggressive dirty driving to pass the AIs, I usually get 3rd or best 2nd place and rarely gold. Then, I ran conservatively with clean passes and gold even with slower time. Also, by doing clean passes, the AIs drive more cleanly as well.

Even though the AIs are lacking, I still want to give props to Polyphony for designing the AIs this way as to promote clean driving and passing. I hope random online players drive more clean too lol.

Truth!!

Welp, I'm now 1-4 in Expert Level races. I just took my de-tuned Audi R18 TDI Anniversary Edition out and lost by 3.469s... I think I drove quite close to my personal limits in this car, but I did get blocked twice by A.I. drivers where I had to slam on the brakes and wait to get around them. My lap time was 6:46.653 vs the Ford GT LM Race Car's lap time of 7:34.567...

I really thought I would be able to win with this car, since I was able to win with my Toyota TS030. Maybe I had easier competition when I drove the TS030, I don't remember. I'd have to check the saved replay file.

EDIT: Make that 1 for 5 now.... Ugh!! This time I tried the event with my McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97... I lost by 0.663 seconds. :( I totally blew it. An experienced driver would not have made the mistake I did. I encountered positions 1, 2, 3 at the mini carousel. They were a bit in front of me. As we got to the long straight I made the mistake of trying to pass #3 & #2 who weren't side by side but weren't in a drafting position either. The lead car started pulling away a bit and I had no choice but to get behind the Corvette to let me draft him. I wouldn't be able to outright pass him especially once the straight starts inclining. I thought maybe I would be able to do some miracle slingshot after the kink or before we all had to jam the brakes. Nope. No such luck. Strangely, my lap time was 6:46.206 vs 7:36.193 for the winner. I actually ran this lap 0.447 faster than my Audi R18 Ann Ed. and still lost (this time to a Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car). Once again, I had some slightly poor driving earlier when I got blocked by a car or two for a few seconds. If I could eliminate those, I would be winning these races!!

Last edited:
So mightily angry with myself. Tried 7 time with TS030 with a weak lead AI (GTR LM concept) and not one win.... came in 2nd 4 times with gap of 0.6s to 6 seconds..... 7:28 to 7:42 total time... wonder how anyone can do 6min plus which must be amazing. Are the 6 min total time or just racing time?
I was passing most AI cleanly and ahead of the 2nd (ford gt) n 3rd mostly by second carousel or final straight .... that damn GTR :-(

Last edited:
These are the cars I have used to win with so far. I'm not using any tunes yet.

YellowHat YMS Supra '05
Keihin HSV-010 '12
TS030 Hybrid '12
Zonda R '09
2J '70
Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '97
HSV-010 GT Base Model '12
330 P4 '67 (stock)
McLaren F1 GTR (KKUKR) '95
XJ13 '66
YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R '08

With the XJ13 '08, I had a race where I was overtaken and shunted at the second last corner. I ended up staying off the grass and the Ford seemed to slow as I did so.

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back