A-spec Race Challenges #6: 21/08/2014 - 04/09/2014

• Thread starter et_
  • 182 comments
If anyone else find it too ez, here is how to make it more difficult:
Level 1: DOWNgrade your tuned car's tires by 1 level.
Level 2: UNTUNE and DOWNgrade the car's tires by 1 level so you are running a stock car with worse tires.
Level 3: Run the car 50 PP lower than the max with NO tune.
Level 4: Run the car 50 PP lower than the max with 1 grade lower tires
Level 5: Run the car 100 PP lower than the max with NO tune.
Level 6: Run the car 100 PP lower than the max with NO tune and 1 grade lower tires.
Level 7: Run the car 200 PP lower than the max.
Level 8: Run the car 300 PP lower than the max.

Now, do this and report back what level you are at. I will bet you that this WILL BE CHALLENGING!
I'm not speaking for other members !!

You know why "I" stated that expert level was easy peasy?
Because of the chrome paint chip.💡
As far as i can remember, all season events that offered a chrome paintchip, were, for me, hard to get.
If an expert A-spec season event was hard, you got a gunmetal or matte paintchip.
Now with a chrome you can win it easy??.

I'm wasn't good, and still learning and terrible at drifting.
My history
19th dec. Mito hotlap GT chrome 010-w--------Gold after 40 minutes.Yay i'm good? Nope.
1st jan. lancia delta hotlap GT chrome 003-w--Silver 1.723 from gold and could't get it
15th jan. Ktm x-bow hotlap GT chrome 009-w--Silver 0.228 from gold and could't get it
10th april Peugeot hotlap GT chrome 001-w-----Silver, after 30 minutes and 2 cars
8th may Huayra hotlap GT chrome 009-w------Silver, after 40 minutes
22nd may Drift Non race Silvia GT chrome 008-w Nope, did not try, can't drift yet.
19th june Drift =< 1989 GT chrome 007-w------Nope, did not try. Can't drift yet.
14th aug. 600pp hotlap GT Chrome 004-w------1 hour.Wow my second chrome win
21th aug. 650pp Tokio R246 Silver Chrome------1st try i get 1st at lap 4.?? easy win?

So, no, i will not do that, i'm finally getting gold more often.
And get the prices i first did not get.

But i think you will understand that.:cheers:

Last edited:
Very easy seasonals for a change. All done on first try.

1st - Tesla Model S anniversary
2nd - BMW M3 Chrome edition
3rd - Ferrari FXX

I for my part enjoy the sensation of achievment with minimal contribution. This because the actual real life activities limit my game time to couple of hours a week nowadays. Hats off to everyone who has the stamina to continually improve their results though.

If anyone else find it too ez, here is how to make it more difficult:
Level 1: DOWNgrade your tuned car's tires by 1 level.
Level 2: UNTUNE and DOWNgrade the car's tires by 1 level so you are running a stock car with worse tires.
Level 3: Run the car 50 PP lower than the max with NO tune.
Level 4: Run the car 50 PP lower than the max with 1 grade lower tires
Level 5: Run the car 100 PP lower than the max with NO tune.
Level 6: Run the car 100 PP lower than the max with NO tune and 1 grade lower tires.
Level 7: Run the car 200 PP lower than the max.
Level 8: Run the car 300 PP lower than the max.

Now, do this and report back what level you are at. I will bet you that this WILL BE CHALLENGING!

Truth!!

The AI in the Expert race seemed to be a lot better than the ones we had before.

And yeah, the freedom that we have to make a race easy or difficult by picking our own car and changing its setup is great.

Henceforth I will always try to do all a-spec challenges using only one manufacturer. The last one I was even more specific, and used only Corvettes. For this one, I'm thinking Aston Martin will suffice. Oh, I try to use untuned cars. Not necessarily bone stock, as required in the "stock seasonals" thread(s), but no upgrades bar tires and if need be, an oil change (race cars excluded).

Nice idea. 👍 My RUFs beckon... :D

@nowayback, just got it. My problem was differential settings. I had never changed them. Also, I had the suspension a bit too low and a bit too stiff. Either way, it was a photo finish - I only beat the TVR by a few thousandths - when I passed him out of the last turn and dragged to the finish.

Sadly, my wheel never gets used anymore. I feel if I were allowed to convert my setup to bachelor-spec I wouldn't have had a problem.

Thanks for the help.

Try for a tune or 2 here.

:scared: That was a close win, this was not easy with sports soft tires.

Nissan GT-R Black Edition 2012

632PP
870BHP
1,730Kg

Engine tuning: Stage 3
Sports computer
Mid RPM range turbo kit
Intake tuning
Isometric exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter: Sports

Everything else: Untouched

DSC_0508.jpg

Last edited:
No chance to play for a while. Just wondering what laptime per lap is needed to win expert? Rather not waste time if i try new cars and its lap time is hopeless

Edit: thanks guys for the guide on lap time. Won the expert on a modified ZR 1 after another try. Did average lap time of 1:43 to 44 which seems to do the trick. Not so easy if you ask me.

Last edited:
No chance to play for a while. Just wondering what laptime per lap is needed to win expert? Rather not waste time if i try new cars and its lap time is hopeless

I had to do consistent 1:42s to catch the leading Huayra in my 581PP M3 GTR road car.

I'll ask a slightly different question, since I'm pretty much being ignored in my previous one.

I am getting back into GT after not playing (really playing) since 4. Is there some common behavior among the high-horsepower modified cars where they simply push too much through corners? I have several cars like an S2000, STi and BRZ that drive wonderfully at 450-550pp. But when I step up to my R34 GT-R or this C7 Corvette, no amount of suspension tweaking can keep them out of the outside wall when I apply throttle mid-apex. I basically coast the corners because if I hit X, I insta-understeer.

Help?

My advice would be, use the driving line and when driving heavy powerful cars with for example sports tyres you have to break early or the car is just going strait forward, the first corner of Tokyo R246 is a good place for practice ;)

Edit

I'll ask a slightly different question, since I'm pretty much being ignored in my previous one.

Your first question is not easy to answer, not for me at least, i think car choices is very individualistic (wow! i did it, very hard word to write for an norwegian :)) you have to find the car who will suit your driving style, i prefer 4WD and won the expert race with my Nissan GT-R Black Edition 2012 but just barely :nervous:

Last edited:
I'm a little worried about the AI in these races as to be honest I was much preferring the more wayward driving we've been seeing lately. Perhaps it's just the nature of the intermediate/expert tracks being mostly walled/fenced off. I did see one car pile into the wall at one of the right-angled corners towards the end of 246, but nothing else to suggest they haven't returned to the sheep parade of old.

I won all races from 1st try easily.
Cars i used:
Race 1: BMW M4
Race 2: 458 italia fully detuned
Race 3: 458 italia fully tuned
Same here..
Expert: Nissan GT-R Spec V (in 1st by end of 3rd lap)
Int. Toyota Vision (7.2 seconds)
Beginner: X-Bow ( 4.8 seconds)

Edit: For a fun race, use the little Rocket tuned to 620pp for the Expert race.

Last edited:
If you want a challenge, I usually try to beat each event with 10% less PP than allowed.

So 500pp- ~450pp.
550pp- ~495pp.
650pp- ~585pp.

I concur, sir. I followed that rule unintentionally. It was quite challenging and very fun.

Does anyone else find the seasonal events to be boring and repetitive?

No i don't, the last A-Spec expert level race on Nürburing Nordschleife 600PP was very fun, in fact i used that race to grind for 20.000.000 with 376000 (With 200% log-in bonus) every 8 minutes with my Pagani Zonda R 2009, it took me 3 days but i can't get enough of that track. :)

Last edited:
No i don't, the last A-Spec expert level race on Nürburing Nordschleife 600PP was very fun, in fact i used that race to grind for 20.000.000 with 376000 every 8 minutes with my Pagani Zonda R 2009, it took me 3 days but i can't get enough of that track. :)

Same here!!

Same here!!

👍 It is sad that the opportunity is gone for now, because i have started from scratch again and i need to grind for 20.000.000 again so i can afford the Ford Mark IV race car 1967 and i wouldn't mind to do it all over again on Nürburing Nordschleife. The new expert level non-racing car challenge, 5 laps on Tokyo R246 and 270000 cr is not the kind of race to use for grinding money, not for me anyway.

👍 It is sad that the opportunity is gone for now, because i have started from scratch again and i need to grind for 20.000.000 again so i can afford the Ford Mark IV race car 1967 and i wouldn't mind to do it all over again on Nürburing Nordschleife. The new expert level non-racing car challenge, 5 laps on Tokyo R246 and 270000 cr is not the kind of race to use for grinding money, not for me anyway.

Yes, I just like "real race tracks" and race cars.

Did all the events in BMWs. I usually do that anyway though.

Beginner: Z4 M Coupe (486pp)
Intermediate: M4 Coupe (510pp)
Expert: M3 GTR road car (581pp)

I have a feeling that I will be doing the Intermediate race a lot. The combo is perfect for repeating. It took me 3 tries in the Expert race to win, but I enjoyed it. I had to run consistent 1:42s to catch the huayra, speed 12, and the McLaren.

are you using a game controller or a wheel ? and what are the controller settings ?

are you using a game controller or a wheel ? and what are the controller settings ?

I'm using the DS3. I use the triggers for throttle and brake, no aids except ABS 1, and steering sensitivity 5. Those are my settings.

Last edited:
Did them all again. Used only Nissans this time. Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) 479pp, GT-R Black edition 546pp, Concept 2020 Vision GT 616pp (what an exceptional piece of equipment!), using the "push to pass" to full extent.

Beginner: Tesla Roadster
Intermediate: Ferrari SP-1 stock
Expert: Ferrari SP-1 fully tuned

Had to take the last one three times because of some serious spin-outs on tries 1 and 2. :boggled:

Back