A "Super-V" Cadillac series?

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 66 comments
Poverty
Facelifted SL55 is faster than the M6. The germans are definetly stepping up their game especially mercedes of late. I mean the new sl65 that will be stripped down will probably post a faster time than the Z06 around the ring if a 1900kg sl55 can do it in about 8:55

I assume you mean 7'55"?

If so, the unrestricted M5 is already faster, and the unrestricted M6 should be even faster than that... :sly:

Poverty
BMW Mercedes and Audi, all have separate divisions with their own plants that produce and manufacture their uber models.

GM, Ford, and Chrysler all have "seperate" facilities that tune their production models.

GM builds their special vehciles under the GMPD nameplate, with seperate designations given to the respective brands (SS, GXP, Redline, V, etc.).

Ford takes it a bit more like the Germans, having the work done by the SVT team at a seperate assembly plant. Shelby will also be doing work for Ford out in Las Vegas with the new GT500 and possible GT350.

Chrysler's SRT team has seperate development and testing facilities, most of which were origionally created for Team Viper in the late '80s and early '90s.

I folded all of the American arms of DaimlerChrysler under their former name, Chrysler.

What about the rare dealer-installed twin-turbo kit for the 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS that boosts its horsepower by 328 horsepower and 335 foot-pounds of torque? That was awesome! It would kick the Ford Shelby Crown Victoria 525 and even General Motors' own Cadillac CTS Super-V's booty!

What about the rare dealer-installed twin-turbo kit for the 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS that boosts its horsepower by 328 horsepower and 335 foot-pounds of torque? That was awesome! It would kick the Ford Shelby Crown Victoria 525 and even General Motors' own Cadillac CTS Super-V's booty!

I own a 96 DGGM Impala. Never heard of this rare option. Don't mind providing links? My stroked LT-1 (done by the previous owner) keeps me happy :cheers:.

Back