A Technical Look at the New X2019 Competiton Compared to the X2014 Standard

United States
Houston, TX
The_TetsuKobura
I decided to do a couple of comparison photos so that people can see exactly what changes are on the X2019 Competition compared to the X2014 Standard.

Comparison 1:
x comparison 1.png

Comparison 2:
x comparison 2.png

Comparison 3:
x comparison 3.png

Comparison 1: It's a little hard to tell, but the little hood scoop (sky blue) is slightly more refined on the x2019. It's more flat to the ground, and isn't quite as fat as the x2014's hood scoop is. You can also see on the red wing that the wing is more angled downwards on the x2014 compared to the x2019.

Comparison 2: On the x2014, there's a little scoop that leads to the rear wing, to create more downforce. On the x2019, that scoop was removed, and the red wing is more straight up, making less downforce than if the wing was more angled downward. The rear vents on the car also changed to where you can't paint those, but can now paint the part underneath them.

Comparison 3: You'll notice that there's an "added" white area behind the front wheels. That hasn't changed, you can now paint it, though. However, in the rear of the car, the x2019 has a sharper ending on the sides right behind the rear wheels. The rear cover of the wheels now has a feature for removing the tire.

Thanks to Daigo Fixer on Discord for helping find the changes as well!

Last edited:
Comparison 2 is really noticeable when viewed from the side. The engine-cover bodywork extends further on the x2014 than the new version. Seems the new one has lower downforce.

The thing I noticed instantly was the smaller Venturi tunnel out the back behind the engine.

I compared the stats and just thought "It's slower, less stable with worse breaks....hmmm o...k?"

Not sure what the point is, other than being a challenge for the World Tour aliens. As a bog standard driver who hasn't coughed up the 3mil yet I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I was hoping the technical look would be more than visual, I want to know if there is a point to this car for me!

I compared the stats and just thought "It's slower, less stable with worse breaks....hmmm o...k?"

Not sure what the point is, other than being a challenge for the World Tour aliens. As a bog standard driver who hasn't coughed up the 3mil yet I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I was hoping the technical look would be more than visual, I want to know if there is a point to this car for me!
It now feels like a real single-seater and is more conducive to clean racing.

Seems like an excuse to squeeze another 3 million out of me. This late in the life cycle of the game it shouldn't be that expensive to buy a car required to run races.

This is an aesthetic look, not a technical look, all you've done here is talk about visual differences and said very little about the effect of these differences, other than 'a little more downforce' and 'a little less downforce'.

You've not explained how these differences create changes to downforce levels, this will tell most people in the know when it comes to aero that you're basically talking nonsense.

These changes could be in place for number of different reasons outside of downforce levels for all you know, such as flow conditioning, efficiency, vortex generation, backing up or controlling wake turbulence.

In fact, there are a couple of changes that are quite clearly aimed towards simply cleaning up the airflow and the fact you've not picked up on this shows me that you do no know what you are talking about.

I strongly suggest you change the thread title to 'An Aesthetic Look' and stop deliberately misleading people, because this is absolutely not technical look.

(Apologies if this comes across as an attack, but I really hate it when people try to pretend they're the next Craig Scarbrough or Gary Anderson when they don't know the first thing when it comes to aero)

Errm, you do realise that you're talking about an imaginary car in a video game, don't you?

The point is to be a realistic successor to F1. The X2014 wasn’t.

This is an aesthetic look, not a technical look, all you've done here is talk about visual differences and said very little about the effect of these differences, other than 'a little more downforce' and 'a little less downforce'.

You've not explained how these differences create changes to downforce levels, this will tell most people in the know when it comes to aero that you're basically talking nonsense.

These changes could be in place for number of different reasons outside of downforce levels for all you know, such as flow conditioning, efficiency, vortex generation, backing up or controlling wake turbulence.

In fact, there are a couple of changes that are quite clearly aimed towards simply cleaning up the airflow and the fact you've not picked up on this shows me that you do no know what you are talking about.

I strongly suggest you change the thread title to 'An Aesthetic Look' and stop deliberately misleading people, because this is absolutely not technical look.

(Apologies if this comes across as an attack, but I really hate it when people try to pretend they're the next Craig Scarbrough or Gary Anderson when they don't know the first thing when it comes to aero)
ALL these little changes affect the airflow of the car. The hood scoop being more flat prevents air from going more towards the top of the car, the scoop in the back of the x19 missing means the air can’t be directed towards the wing, and the wing being more angled upwards on the x19 produces less drag resulting in less downforce. Good enough?

Last edited:

Are you really going ham on this guy for at worst using the incorrect word? Nowhere is this guy even trying to make it seem like he is some expert so the accusation of him "deliberately misleading people" is waaay overreactive and even far overreaching. I don't think coming at people with hostility even if you supposedly don't mean to, is a good way of critiquing or helping others improve.

Are you really going ham on this guy for at worst using the incorrect word? Nowhere is this guy even trying to make it seem like he is some expert so the accusation of him "deliberately misleading people" is waaay overreactive and even far overreaching. I don't think coming at people with hostility even if you supposedly don't mean to, is a good way of critiquing or helping others improve.
I've looked at a lot of his posts, and a good chunk of his posts are him criticizing someone else, instead of doing work on his own, so I just ignored him.

So is this new car faster than an F1? Straight speed, cornering speed, brakes?
No it's not. I tested the Mercedes F1 car straight after the X2019 Competition and it was a second faster, even though the lap was scrappy. If I did a clean lap, I would've gone faster still.

Great work OP 👍 I was trying to spot the differences myself in the dealer but the camera keeps spinning round before I could take a close look :lol:

As for technical differences, from garage the downforce range is the most significant difference:
X2014 - F 1050-1450, R 1800-2200
X2019 - F 700-1200, R 1250-1650

As you can see the 2019 has much less downforce and the balance is shifted more towards the front. You can definitely tell there's a lot more understeer and putting power down is a lot more difficult. Engine wise, power is up slightly, but torque is down due to lack of turbo. RPM limiter has been raised too. The stock gearing is interesting - the X2014 has close low gears and progressively lengthens, but the X2019 is opposite (long low gears and closer higher gears). No change to weight for both cars.

IMO, I still stand by my earlier thoughts. They should have brought back the Formula GT as premium. The performance is similar but at least it's a new body style for the photomode and livery editor fans to enjoy. It's very incongruous driving the X2019 because in my mind I expected it to stick like the X2014 Standard and match its futuristic looks, but it handles worse than even the Super Formula and F1500T-A (if you can excuse the turbo lag). Another disappointment is the single colour choice. I was really looking forward to seeing the lesser represented country flags as liveries :grumpy:

Last edited:
Let's all pretend to be experts and be easily offended by everything!
There, I fixed it. lol

But jokes aside, I'm just not a fan of people taking pictures, adding and circles, then claiming it's a technical analysis, whether it's a real car or not, it absolutely drives my OCD nuts.

Last edited:
There, I fixed it. lol

But jokes aside, I'm just not a fan of people taking pictures, adding and circles, then claiming it's a technical analysis, whether it's a real car or not, it absolutely drives my OCD nuts.

The thread title simply means that the thread is for a technical analysis of the differences, it doesn’t mean that the OP has to deliver all the answers. If you know the technical implications of these visual changes, then you could help the community out by writing something about it. It would also help with your OCD, since the thread then would contain more technical information :)

As the name implies, this is made for the competition, the standard 2014 was too fast, this new version seeks a speed in which it can compete in a better way

I like it

As the name implies, this is made for the competition, the standard 2014 was too fast, this new version seeks a speed in which it can compete in a better way

I like it
And less downforce so you can actually race closely with the cars near you. It's also the only naturally aspirated of the open-wheel/X-201x cars. That provides a different throttle response.

The thread title simply means that the thread is for a technical analysis of the differences, it doesn’t mean that the OP has to deliver all the answers. If you know the technical implications of these visual changes, then you could help the community out by writing something about it. It would also help with your OCD, since the thread then would contain more technical information :)
It's an aesthetic analysis, not a technical analysis, you can't defend it, just stop lol

Back