A way to see future (and past) Daily Races

• Thread starter Zkippe
  • 217 comments
Finland
Finland
Zkippe
EDIT: @Litchi has compiled a handy spreadsheet with the latest info on future daily races!

For a while now we've been able to see FIA and daily race details and rankings at https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/schedule
I was browsing through the pages and noticed there's a distinct pattern in how the page URLs were. Then I wondered if I could see the future races too... and to my surprise it actually worked and I was able to see the next races! What's better currently it seems we can see the whole week's schedule in advance!

But before you call it all bull poo here's the schedule for this week:

Tuesday 29.5:

Wednesday 30.5:
Thursday 31.5:
Friday 1.6:
Saturday 2.6:
Sunday 3.6:
(it doesn't go further than that this time, I checked)

The way it works is they have an allocation of 72 URLs for races A and B and then allocation of 48 for race C. These are for the different times the races run at. What I basically did after I figured the pattern was take the current daily race C that's accessible through the web page normally, change it's URL to the next day and add 48 to the number in the end of the URL. This would give me the next day's race A. Add 72 for race B and again 72 for race C. Rinse and repeat to get the whole week. It seems to be a bit unreliable though as as I said before I could on Saturday see Sunday races and those only, but on Sunday I couldn't see this week's races at all yet.

One more thing is that it also works for past races, at least up to yesterday's races. Races further in past seem to be removed from the database or the server doesn't allow polling those results.

Last edited:
Care to tell us this new track, or sworn to secrecy? Even though it must be Le Mans. Helps a lot.

Starting a new track with GR.1, daily C with only 5 laps, yeah must be Le Mans. Awesome!

This is great and kinda depressing to see. On the other hand I can make alternative plans for Friday.

Starting a new track with GR.1, daily C with only 5 laps, yeah must be Le Mans. Awesome!

This is great and kinda depressing to see. On the other hand I can make alternative plans for Friday.

But let's think about this. its Gr.1. So that means that either the new Group C cars we are getting are going into Gr.1, (which is highly highly doubtful) or they aren't in any of the daily races for 4+ days which seems odd...

What an awesome find! This will definitely help us plan out our weeks haha!

I'm all about Gr. 2 so this is great to know in advance. I'm sure people are gonna get cheeky and start practicing ahead of time too. Not me though, I'd never... Do that...

Excited to see what this new track is :D

But let's think about this. its Gr.1. So that means that either the new Group C cars we are getting are going into Gr.1, (which is highly highly doubtful) or they aren't in any of the daily races for 4+ days which seems odd...

How long did it take before GR.2 was featured in the dailies? I'm sure they weren't there right away. I'm surprised the new track is so quick to be featured as DT Gardens also took a while to appear.

What an awesome find! This will definitely help us plan out our weeks haha!

I'm all about Gr. 2 so this is great to know in advance. I'm sure people are gonna get cheeky and start practicing ahead of time too. Not me though, I'd never... Do that...

Excited to see what this new track is :D

Yeah, I guess the top 10 will be set a lot faster when this info becomes widely known. Doesn't matter to me, I don't even practice on the day of. Whatever time is left before the race I entered is my practice time. If I don't make it around one lap, I'll race without qualifying :)

Bloody hell, weekend races are good ALL WEEKEND. One make Sunday race C at Suzuka a mystery though. Makes sense that it may be Le Mans as it is 5 laps. At 8.4 miles long (just over half of Nurb 24h, which has 2 laps on race C).

I am disappointed to see the track is likely Le Mans.

I understand how many people want it, and its importance in motorsport but I was hoping to see a track that would do a better job to shake up the daily race roster.

I am concerned, because of how long the track is, that it not appear too often in the Daily Race roster (just like N24).

This is bloody amazing, thanks a lot. No more peering over my hand at the Daily Race Discussion thread at 7:30 AM preparing myself for the worst. And great news that Le Mans looks like it's here.
Given the races this week, I fear that they only modeled the 24h circuit and not the Bugatti track too.

Been tooling around in the developer view for the webpage.

What kind of value is this course code? Can it be deciphered?

geoekYd.png

@Zkippe
EDIT: Unfortunately the art assets haven't been uploaded to a public directory yet it seems.

For instance Blue Moon Bay's background image is here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/common...y/images/b89009211ece8022be234df855555521.jpg

But if we sub the course code for the mystery new course
024b0404a81a1f9fabee246568e7547c

and go to the URL
https://www.gran-turismo.com/common...y/images/024b0404a81a1f9fabee246568e7547c.jpg

There's nothing yet.

Last edited:
Why do you think that?
I reckon he is joking.

At an assumed lap time of 3’30” in Gr 1s at Le Mans, that makes for 5 laps at 17’30”. Now assume people running slower laps, the buffer time for pre race and post race lobby closing, and you have a 25 minute race session m

The lap time around Paul is more in the high 1 minute range.

What kind of value is this course code? Can it be deciphered?
Looks like a GUID. Those are literally just identifiers to map data to other data so I don't think it can be deciphered in any way :D
I found it interesting that there seems to be support at least on some level for F1 style required tyre compound use in that same data blob (value 'need_compound_use'). Also there's a value called 'limit_fuel_capacity' in there, whatever that would mean. Didn't know these were in the game as well :D

Maybe @fideles1986 or @jasguer can work with this information to get a nice overview that automatically updates itself every day to show a schedule of daily races? :dopey:
That's a good idea! Shouldn't be a massive task to write a program that scrapes the pages for future race info. The data is all there but I'm not 100% sure it will be reliable and this week might be an exception. We'll have to see!

Last edited:
For a while now we've been able to see FIA and daily race details and rankings at https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/schedule
I was browsing through the pages and noticed there's a distinct pattern in how the page URLs were. Then I wondered if I could see the future races too... and to my surprise it actually worked and I was able to see the next races! What's better currently it seems we can see the whole week's schedule in advance!

But before you call it all bull poo here's the schedule for this week:

Tuesday 29.5:
Wednesday 30.5:
Thursday 31.5:
Friday 1.6:
Saturday 2.6:
Sunday 3.6:
(it doesn't go further than that this time, I checked)

The way it works is they have an allocation of 72 URLs for races A and B and then allocation of 48 for race C. These are for the different times the races run at. What I basically did after I figured the pattern was take the current daily race C that's accessible through the web page normally, change it's URL to the next day and add 48 to the number in the end of the URL. This would give me the next day's race A. Add 72 for race B and again 72 for race C. Rinse and repeat to get the whole week. It seems to be a bit unreliable though as as I said before I could on Saturday see Sunday races and those only, but on Sunday I couldn't see this week's races at all yet.

One more thing is that it also works for past races, at least up to yesterday's races. Races further in past seem to be removed from the database or the server doesn't allow polling those results.

New track + LeMans coming up + lots of people want it + Group C racers +Makes perfect sense = It's PD.

Incoming fantasy kart track! :boggled:

What a great find this would be perfect for a lot of people to be able to plan their weekly sessions !

Just wooow that these kind of things are figured out months after introduction and maybe more amazed PD is not releasing this info themselves. Which is not a surprise...

But wonderful work Sherlock !!

Back