A year on from release, what's really changed for the better?

I feel like the ability to share custom races and some mechanisms like number of shares or upvotes can increase the payout or PD will choose a few to become permanent events with decent payout. Shift the workload to the community since PD can’t be bothered to add events for many of the cars.

Last edited:
We have not get the appertise Gt they promiss. Watching all reveal trailer and compare what it is now, we are far away.
And after yesterdays xbox direct Pd hase to do something, it seems Forza wipe the flor with Gt.
The air is out of Gt and it looks like pd dont care. And if pd says this year gt8 coming soon im done with this franchise.
It is sad to see what happens, like many other gamer im there since day 1 of this franchise and i never get so much dissapointed like with part7.
I really hope pd is able to turn around and make GT the best racing game on console again but my hopes are very low.

Last edited:
We have not get the appertise Gt they promiss. Watching all reveal trailer and compare what it is now, we are far away.
And after yesterdays xbox direct Pd hase to do something, it seems Forza wipe the flor with Gt.
The air is out of Gt and it looks like pd dont care. And if pd says this year gt8 coming soon im done with this franchise.
It is sad to see what happens, like many other gamer im there since day 1 of this franchise and i never get so much dissapointed like with part7.
I really hope pd is able to turn around and make GT the best racing game on console again but my hopes are very low.
If Forza brings any single career, it's a definite win for me. I miss solo campaign for a long time.

Forza Reddit and other places are negative too since they’re only showing off shiny graphics and people already see recycled car models.

Forza Reddit and other places are negative too since they’re only showing off shiny graphics and people already see recycled car models.
Pd is king of recycling, they have invented it with part 5.
Gt7 is nothing else then a recycled gtsport with a 30fps raytrayce layer for replays etc on top of it, put a ps5 tag on it and call it a day. Ps5 still suffers from popin and lod issus like gtsport.
Honestly, pd fooled the ps5 player especialy with the extra 10 bugs for it.

Pd is king of recycling, they have invented it with part 5.
Gt7 is nothing else then a recycled gtsport with a 30fps raytrayce layer for replays etc on top of it, put a ps5 tag on it and call it a day. Ps5 still suffers from popin and lod issus like gtsport.
Honestly, pd fooled the ps5 player especialy with the extra 10 bugs for it.
Do you expect them to remake the entire game every time?

They ditched their old car models and started over. Forza is still reusing what equates to PS2 models, upscaled and given interiors for FM3/4, then carried to today.

They ditched their old car models and started over. Forza is still reusing what equates to PS2 models, upscaled and given interiors for FM3/4, then carried to today.
No, but i expect to get what was shown before release. Game hub is not the same, graphics are not the same, raytrace not the same, poor content, poor implementation for dualsense and since month a broke ffb. The list is long.
Sometimes it is time to build from new especialy with such a powerfull hardware.

Ok, fair enough. Maybe I'm old fashioned when I consider a game completed when I've completed every event, the end credits roll and I have obtained every trophy. Still, I think grinding is just a choice for people who absolutely want to acquire every single car because the game does not require that in any way. I'm not saying they're stupid for doing so. I just don't understand the whine and I see that a lot. Of course there could always be more events with big payouts but I feel there's already enough for a game to be completed and considered excellent. But again, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Many meanings can be had for the word "complete" when it comes to games, in Gran Turismo 7, it could be down to:

1. Platinum Trophy
2. Platinum Trophy + 100% in all of the in-game's progresses (Car Collection, Circuit Experience, Licenses).
3. Platinum Trophy + 100% in all of the in-game's progresses + Every single event not part of the in-game progress completed (golds/wins).
4. Platinum Trophy + 100% in all of the in-game's progresses + Every single event not part of the in-game progress completed + Everything bought (all car parts in the tuning shop and GT Auto + all the paints and rims).

5. 6. 7. All of the above minus the Platinum trophy.

Or you can go to even more extreme methods of completing the game, and decide to have every car in every single color available and also try to get all of the car's engine swaps and special car parts in the game. But this is not only borderline impossible, it's masochist, and would probably represent only 0.0001% of the playerbase.

For all of these though it requires grinding, and for the vast majority of players, it's tedious grinding. Credits aside, I don't like to do Sport Races, I prefer, many times over, to do the solo campaign, but I had to grind 50 of those to get the Platinum.
If I want 100% in the Car Collection Stat, which is the main completion stat in the game mind you, I will, without a doubt, have to grind the same races over and over until it gets mind-numbingly dull. Let alone upgrade them.

All of this is part of bad grinding: Repetition for the sake of it.

When all of this could've been done with good grinding: Repetition to make you better. As in, trying to get gold or win an event after improving yourself over repeating said event all over again, and for that, you would get a prized Legendary Car or a car part, and this could've easily been done with a plethora of championships in a single player campaign.

Instead... we got this pathetic thing at launch, and now it's just improved to the point I can say the game is just above average, but not more than that...

I pre-ordered thinking I'd find a modern Gran Turismo 4,
1) Actually this game has a non-existent career mode.The menus can be completed in a few hours, too little.
2) Number of championships present is ridiculous, there are no events for which a, b, international and s licenses are required
3) in 9 months only 8 missions have been added, after complaints from the players, which can only be completed once, it makes no sense to replay them since you do not receive any prizes.
4) they talk about realism only when it is convenient for Polyphony, very high prices of legendary cars, then if you sell them without having driven even a kilometer they are devalued.
5) ridiculous to have to hope to receive an invitation from Bugatti in order to complete the dedicated extra menu.
6) ridiculous not being able to buy engines but having to wait to win them randomly in ticket roulette
These are just some of the problems that the game has, we could write for days,
It was presented as a return to the past for the series but in reality is a complete disaster

Exactly.

I was hyped and lead to believe I was buying GT4 with modern graphics and mechanics and with more different cars and more interesting gimmicks, instead, I got an almost downgraded version of GT Sport.

Is it just me, or are both the OPs Headline and Avatar incorrect? :P

Jerome

Many meanings can be had for the word "complete" when it comes to games, in Gran Turismo 7, it could be down to:

1. Platinum Trophy
2. Platinum Trophy + 100% in all of the in-game's progresses (Car Collection, Circuit Experience, Licenses).
3. Platinum Trophy + 100% in all of the in-game's progresses + Every single event not part of the in-game progress completed (golds/wins).
4. Platinum Trophy + 100% in all of the in-game's progresses + Every single event not part of the in-game progress completed + Everything bought (all car parts in the tuning shop and GT Auto + all the paints and rims).

5. 6. 7. All of the above minus the Platinum trophy.

Or you can go to even more extreme methods of completing the game, and decide to have every car in every single color available and also try to get all of the car's engine swaps and special car parts in the game. But this is not only borderline impossible, it's masochist, and would probably represent only 0.0001% of the playerbase.

For all of these though it requires grinding, and for the vast majority of players, it's tedious grinding. Credits aside, I don't like to do Sport Races, I prefer, many times over, to do the solo campaign, but I had to grind 50 of those to get the Platinum.
If I want 100% in the Car Collection Stat, which is the main completion stat in the game mind you, I will, without a doubt, have to grind the same races over and over until it gets mind-numbingly dull. Let alone upgrade them.

All of this is part of bad grinding: Repetition for the sake of it.

When all of this could've been done with good grinding: Repetition to make you better. As in, trying to get gold or win an event after improving yourself over repeating said event all over again, and for that, you would get a prized Legendary Car or a car part, and this could've easily been done with a plethora of championships in a single player campaign.

Instead... we got this pathetic thing at launch, and now it's just improved to the point I can say the game is just above average, but not more than that...

Exactly.

I was hyped and lead to believe I was buying GT4 with modern graphics and mechanics and with more different cars and more interesting gimmicks, instead, I got an almost downgraded version of GT Sport.
Good points there but platinum trophy does not necessarily require grinding. I got it and most grinding I did was Spa 1hr a couple of times for 1,5mil credits each. Don't really consider that grinding. I didn't buy any credits either.

Last edited:

Funny how people liked to complain about GT5/6 having standard cars yet Forza has more-or-less the same thing.

Which is fine and what they should be doing. The problem is not that they're using models that originated a long time ago and have been worked on a lot, the problem is that they're inaccurate and that the inaccuracies haven't been addressed along the way.
Funny how people liked to complain about GT5/6 having standard cars yet Forza has more-or-less the same thing.
I mean, the problem with Standard cars was that they were so visually different from Premiums. When they introduced the upgraded Standards in GT6 it was less of a problem because externally they were more or less of a similar quality to Premiums unless you got super close.

Having models from varying ages of development isn't necessarily a problem if it's not causing problems with visual immersion. Standard cars did, they stuck out like dog's bollocks. The old Forza cars do sometimes, although I'd argue that it's to a lesser degree and it's more about the fact that they look subtly wrong than the fact that the model is old/of a lower quality.

There's also the scale of the problem. Even if to you personally the cars are a stab in the eye, they're not making up 80% of the game. If the floor of my house is going to be covered in turds, I'd rather it was 5% turds than 80% turds. 5% turds I can maybe work around or avoid and just be unhappy that I have to. 80% turds I'm basically forced to slide from room to room on a layer of feces.

Either way it's not great, but in actual practice these things are not entirely equivalent.

At least all the current cars in Forza, 360 era carryovers or not, have fully modelled interiors and functioning interior cam.

I wonder what the PSVR2 experience will be like with all the cars without a cockpit view. VR chase cam? VR bumper cam?

Last edited:
Circuit Experience payouts? Nothing else jumps to mind.

You say that like PD has done everything they could to prevent it, which they haven’t.
I say this because all I read here is all negative complaints about the game. Gran Turismo 7 is one of the best racing games I've had played in a long time I've played Gran Turismo 1 two three four and Gran Turismo sport this by far is the best of the series. Honestly there is good things about GT7, if you think it's so bad then quit playing, sell your copy, and either go back to gtsport or better yet go find a Nintendo and finish playing Mario Kart. I am So tired of the negativity...

Last edited:
VR chase cam? VR bumper cam?
I hope there is a VR chase cam. It would at the very least be interesting. It could be awesome, or it could be vomit inducing. I'm not sure about a bumper cam, but a sitting-on-the-roof cam in VR would be interesting too, being able to look freely around you from a higher vantage point.
Honestly there is good things about GT7, if you think it's so bad then quit playing, sell your copy, and either go back to gtsport or better yet go find a Nintendo and finish playing Mario Kart. I am So tired of the negativity...
There are good things about GT7, but people can talk about whatever they want to talk about. If you're tired of the negativity, then that's on you. Either post some positivity or just stop reading threads that are very obviously going to be a bunch of people complaining.

Although looking at your post history, you're not exactly without your own complaints about the game...

What people don't get is the amount of events isn't the issue , the issue is there are only THREE events that pay well end game and IMO the only good races in this game are found under the Chili Menu's and Missions.

If PD released ONE chilli race per track accessable as soon as the track is unlocked and like 12 great paying races this game would be allot better . I frankly don't give a **** about new races being added , they are all conga line ******** / advanced time enduros . Like just give the endurance guys real endurance races and keep that garbage out of a 7 lap race , it's not fun .
Yeah I'l just let that out there , the fake endurance races and 4+ lap races aren't fun and that's why most of you have such fond memories of GT4 . Most races were 2-3 laps and the endurance races were actually LONG. Now every race is a ten min ordeal with 4 plus laps which is boring but PD has to give it advanced timing and weather and what not to make you pit. It's this stupid idea that's running GT.
That and allot of tracks are LONG now Grand valley 2 laps is enough . Now we have 5 laps of St Croix.. " fun "

I hope there is a VR chase cam. It would at the very least be interesting. It could be awesome, or it could be vomit inducing. I'm not sure about a bumper cam, but a sitting-on-the-roof cam in VR would be interesting too, being able to look freely around you from a higher vantage point.

There are good things about GT7, but people can talk about whatever they want to talk about. If you're tired of the negativity, then that's on you. Either post some positivity or just stop reading threads that are very obviously going to be a bunch of people complaining.

Although looking at your post history, you're not exactly without your own complaints about the game...
Yes, you're right on this and I guess I was on my soapbox, I'm sorry.

What people don't get is the amount of events isn't the issue , the issue is there are only THREE events that pay well end game and IMO the only good races in this game are found under the Chili Menu's and Missions.

If PD released ONE chilli race per track accessable as soon as the track is unlocked and like 12 great paying races this game would be allot better .
Yes, I haven't run the game up since buying The Crew 2. TC2 just has so much more to actually DO in the game, with 9 competitive events every week with an overall score/leaderboard. It made me realise I was collecting cars in GT7 when there wouldn't ever be anything worthwhile to use them for anyway, as by the time you have them all you'll be sick to death of the 3 worthwhile races that the game has, which don't even have leaderboards anyway (every race in TC2 has a leaderboard).

I say this because all I read here is all negative complaints about the game. Gran Turismo 7 is one of the best racing games I've had played in a long time I've played Gran Turismo 1 two three four and Gran Turismo sport this by far is the best of the series. Honestly there is good things about GT7, if you think it's so bad then quit playing, sell your copy, and either go back to gtsport or better yet go find a Nintendo and finish playing Mario Kart. I am So tired of the negativity...
I’m probably equally tired of the idea that people should find something else to play if they have complaints regarding one particular game. Here’s the thing, it is very possible to enjoy a game even when there are things you do not like about it.

If you are tired of negativity, then consider not reading the discussions you consider to be negative. It’s a more feasible option than telling people to stop playing GT7 just because they see a number of flaws.

Finally, negativity is not a bad thing in itself. It’s a symptom suggesting room for improvement. People who cannot deal with negativity need to work on their psyche.

Back