Ability to turn the engine off/on

• Thread starter AJFast12
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
AJFast12
Even though its a minuscule feature, it would be nice and realistic to have. Project Cars, Raceroom, Rfactor, and even Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010 remake) has this feature.

There can be 3 different mapping options

1. Engine
2. Ignition
3. Start Engine (Ignition included)

Many miniscule features are needed.
Such as the simple ability to adjust the AIR in your tires.
If Need for Speed allows you to adjust tire pressure, I just can't understand why the real driving simulator does not.
I can understand tuning restrictions with the daily races, focusing on driver skill not how well you can tune.
However with your personal lobby you should be able to turn more wrenches, kill your engine by abuse and/or simply turning a key.

I see your point and it probably would be nice.
But it's a real racing sim. You start the engine before the race. Then when you finish the race you switch it off.
Why would you wanna do it in between?
It is potential a realistic feature that could make the game unrealistic.

Last edited:
The only people this feature would benefit are cruisers, drifters, drag racers, and anyone else who only do circuit racing occasionally. Even then, there really isn’t a point to shutting off your engine in GT Sport because idling burns almost zero fuel.

Just spend an hour doing qualification laps, on Pole Position.....count down starts...3...2...1 floor the pedal.....forgot to start the engine:lol:

@jwest You forgot the all important piss-stop! Finding a lay-by with a tactical bush to avoid a penalty, a wiggle in your seat action and bladder display on the HUD with a shame penalty if you 'fail'!
Realism, people! :lol:

I can't see the point, myself.

Back