About collecting Standard cars...

  • Thread starter Thread starter zotobom
  • 13 comments
  • 1,153 views
Messages
427
Netherlands
Oosterhout
Messages
zotobom/ZotoTheSecond
Messages
zotobom
....How?
Seriously,how did some of you did this? Do cars that you already own have a lower chance of appearing in the UCD,or did you guys just entered and exited races to get the UCD to cycle? :nervous:
 
*Shrugs*

One day a couple months ago I randomly decided "I'm going to buy every car I see in the UCD, rather than just ones I find interesting"

Suddenly I have 1,100 odd cars..
But yes, If there's something in particular I'm after (The Ford Falcon V8 supercar for example) I tended to repeatedly enter and exit the license tests (it's faster than entering races) until I got it, since then I've just checked it whenever I was in GT Life.


In short, patience and time investment ^_^
 
I just visited the ucd every 5 cycles or so. I only buy cars under 10k km, and I still eventually got it. One of the mods has a thread detailing how people are on 2 lists if I remember correctly. Just go to it's pdf and you'll pretty much know what cars will come next on your ucd. It takes some time to look it through to figure out what list you are on and where, but it'a not too hard.
 
I still think that the ''cars that you own have slightly less chance to appear in the UCD'' idea would be pretty neat.
 
I really don't even notice. What I do do is pick up anything under 10,000 km - just like jc does above. I usually tune whatever I pick to a certain PP value and use the car in that PP racing online.

Excepting race cars, of which I'm missing quite a lot, I try to collect only the things I like and do not have yet (except for Lotus Carltons. On eighteen so far.)
 
I still think that the ''cars that you own have slightly less chance to appear in the UCD'' idea would be pretty neat.

The UCD order is pre-determined. You can try gt5cars.net to find out which cars are coming up next in your UCD, but that site is apparently down at the moment.

You could also visit this thread and download the spreadsheet from TornadoAlley's signature.
 
I really don't even notice. What I do do is pick up anything under 10,000 km - just like jc does above. I usually tune whatever I pick to a certain PP value and use the car in that PP racing online.

Excepting race cars, of which I'm missing quite a lot, I try to collect only the things I like and do not have yet (except for Lotus Carltons. On eighteen so far.)

👍 Out of my 1900+ cars, 150 are Supras under 5k km lol. Most under 1000.


It's a game of waiting. If you're desperate you can always trade here on GTP.
 
I collect cars that I find to be interesting and race cars. Even race cars i dont particularly like I try to get atleast one of. The race cars that I really like I try to get all the different Liveries. Normal cars I really like I try to get duplicates of so I have atleast 1 completely stock with no permanent mods installed.
 
....How?
Seriously,how did some of you did this? Do cars that you already own have a lower chance of appearing in the UCD,or did you guys just entered and exited races to get the UCD to cycle? :nervous:

Easiest way is to enter license test, go from 1-5 no need to actually start the tests. Exit, and the UCD will be fully refreshed.
 
Easiest way is to enter license test, go from 1-5 no need to actually start the tests. Exit, and the UCD will be fully refreshed.

This might be the easiest way, but it is no where near the fastest way

Fastest way is starting an a-spec race, hitting pause, exit, then do that 4 more times

its even faster in b-spec mode because you dont need to hit pause first. but we are talking about a tenth of a second.

I digress

I've spent months looking for 1 car. its a pain. but oh-so rewarding when you find what youre looking for

all the best cars in this game are standard, IMO. 90% of what I use are standard. get crackin' !!
 
Why do some of you worry about miles? What is your reasoning? I'm just curious, cause I just realized, I never look at miles when I buy a car I like, since i can just rebuild the motor and chassis.
 
This might be the easiest way, but it is no where near the fastest way

Fastest way is starting an a-spec race, hitting pause, exit, then do that 4 more times

its even faster in b-spec mode because you dont need to hit pause first. but we are talking about a tenth of a second.

I digress

I've spent months looking for 1 car. its a pain. but oh-so rewarding when you find what youre looking for

all the best cars in this game are standard, IMO. 90% of what I use are standard. get crackin' !!

In my opinion, the license tests is the quickest way. It also works faster if you disable your internet connection in the XMB Menu. I'm not sure exactly how much quicker, but its noticable.
 
Why do some of you worry about miles? What is your reasoning? I'm just curious, cause I just realized, I never look at miles when I buy a car I like, since i can just rebuild the motor and chassis.

After about 6000 miles the car loses about 1 HP permanently, then another 1 hp for every 10,000 more miles or so. Rebuilding will not get it back

the only way to fix this is the restore tickets. so right off the bat that is 2 trade days taken up (assuming youre duping the ticket) so If i'm looking for a car I hold out until I find one with low miles


and to Cargorat, i myself have never tried that before so you very well may be correct.
 
This might be the easiest way, but it is no where near the fastest way

Fastest way is starting an a-spec race, hitting pause, exit, then do that 4 more times

its even faster in b-spec mode because you dont need to hit pause first. but we are talking about a tenth of a second.

It's both the easiest and fastest way for me as I have a SSD in my PS3. Your way seems to fiddly, but each to his own.
 
Back