? about GT2 soundtrack

• Thread starter SS97
  • 32 comments
Warren262
I've had GT2 for awhile and noticed the in-game music soundtrack is small. It seems like I keep hearing the same few songs over and over again. Looking at the music credits, there are two songs I have not heard in the game that aren't in the ending credits AFAIK. The songs are "Hey man, nice shot" by Filter and "Cars" by Fear Factory featuring Gary Numan. I'm sure there are a few other ones but I am not familiar with them. Do these songs play during a certain race or not at all? I have the NA version btw.

One other thing - I noticed in the simulation credits at the end it mentions Sears Point Raceway (now known as Infineon), but the track does not exist in the game?

Yeah, I beat GT2 and those songs don't play. Ever. As for the Sears Point thing, I think the generic background in the licence tests were inspired by that track.

The soundtrack may be small but it's 5-star quality! Of course, I've listened to those songs countless times but it's still amazing all the same.

I don't mind small-ish soundtracks so long as they rock. It'd be way worse if they were sucky songs!

Agree with AMCNUT. Hey, is it possible that was the song Hey Man Nice Shot was the song that was supposed to play after you won a drag race? :sly: I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

The songs are "Hey man, nice shot" by Filter and "Cars" by Fear Factory featuring Gary Numan. I'm sure there are a few other ones but I am not familiar with them.

Really? I would have liked to at least hear Gary Numan try to round up a song in GT2. Maybe, it could be in the credits on the arcade disc. I've noticed the simulation disc included content in the credits that were only in the arcade disc as well, so it could be possible.

Really? I would have liked to at least hear Gary Numan try to round up a song in GT2. Maybe, it could be in the credits on the arcade disc. I've noticed the simulation disc included content in the credits that were only in the arcade disc as well, so it could be possible.

Nope, it isn't. My Hero by the Foo Fighters is the song for the arcade credits ;).

The soundtrack may be small but it's 5-star quality! Of course, I've listened to those songs countless times but it's still amazing all the same.

I don't mind small-ish soundtracks so long as they rock. It'd be way worse if they were sucky songs!

I agree. This is the only gran turismo that I leave the music on (for in game races at least).

There's different songs on the various releases throughout the world, and there was also a "soundtrack" that has some songs the games didn't have.

...So I've heard.

There's different songs on the various releases throughout the world, and there was also a "soundtrack" that has some songs the games didn't have.

...So I've heard.

Probably some songs PD thought would be a good song for racing in the game. :scared: Duh duh duuuuh!

^ I've rocked out Dvorák and Vivaldi to a couple of enduros. There was a time when MP3 players couldn't hold an entire album, so you used a device called a CD player to listen to mote than the 8 included songs. It certainly helps if you have about 400 of those shiny discs.

(Edit: app doesn't like correct spelling of Antonin Dvo?ák.)

^ I've rocked out Dvorák and Vivaldi to a couple of enduros. There was a time when MP3 players couldn't hold an entire album, so you used a device called a CD player to listen to mote than the 8 included songs.

(Edit: app doesn't like correct spelling of Antonin Dvo?ák.)

All of this technology... it hurts. :ouch:

This games soundtrack would have been better if it had classical music.

One of my GT5 "drivers", Baby_Booomer, rocks the classical music. :D You'd be surprised how some classical actually compliments racing...some of it is very dramatic. He has some Vivaldi, some Bach, some Chopin. Whatever I can find lying around my household (one of my roomies has a classical collection of CDs) I just save to the PS3's hard drive and away we go.

One of my GT5 "drivers", Baby_Booomer, rocks the classical music. :D You'd be surprised how some classical actually compliments racing...some of it is very dramatic. He has some Vivaldi, some Bach, some Chopin. Whatever I can find lying around my household (one of my roomies has a classical collection of CDs) I just save to the PS3's hard drive and away we go.

Oh realy, thats awesome. GT5 sounds great that you can add your own music collection to it. I love Bach's works as well.

Does anyone here play RPG's like Final Fantasy etc? If so do you like their soundtracks at all?

Does Magic: The Gathering count as an RPG? If so, then yes Garland. Back to the questions, is the Japanese version of GT2 the only one that features Moon Over the Castle.

Does Magic: The Gathering count as an RPG? If so, then yes Garland. Back to the questions, is the Japanese version of GT2 the only one that features Moon Over the Castle.

I have realized this and wondered why it is constantly in every Japanese version of Gran Turismo games. While we have Lenny Kravitz, Van Halen, Weezer, The Cardigans, and more cool bands. Except My Chemical Romance.

They also don't have Evanescance (I don't know how to spell it), or Atreyu, not even Dashboard Confessional. Not that Moon Over the Castle is bad, but there is better stuff out there, You think since PD is located in Japan they would put the best available music in that version first?

PAL version has Fatboy Slim, Everything But the Girl, and Propellerheads, all great bands in my opinion, but only 7 tracks total to cycle through, while the NA release has a full 16 tracks available! Moby, Soul Coughing (both of which I've seen live), Beck, Crystal Method, equally great (also seen Rob Zombie live, but only kind of great, opening for Anthrax.)

Wait, what was the question again?:lol:

I grew up with dice & paper roleplaying games. D&D, Melee/Wizard, etc. Searched for years for the perfect RPG on a gaming console. Baldur's Gate came close. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion finally nailed it. TES: IV is my fave RPG.

Could never really get into FF, personally, and I tried several different editions, too. :indiff: It's awesome in its own way, but not really what I was looking for. I'm sure the music was awesome, but it's literally been like 7 or 8 years since I've even fired up FF. [/offtopicpost]

The old dice and paper RPG's from way back when eh, I have never played any of those types. I have played Baldurs gate a bit and thought it was pretty good. Yes FF does have great music at least FF1-FFX does(Nobou Uematsu was the composer for those titles) and when he left Square the music has never been as good. Anyway before I get into trouble for topic derailing I am going to stop posting about this now.

GT2 had a very small soundtrack...but I loved it. Anyways, I haven't heard those songs either. :s

It totally would get old in the enduro's to hear the same song loop dozens of times: I used to hate that. I decided a long time ago to turn music off or at least to 50% in GT1&2.

...not to mention during longer races, the music would start to cut out. Ahh, good times.

When I played it on a PS2, the song freezes and continues to play that same note over and over until I finish the race. But when I play GT2 on a PS3, the game runs smoothly, with no song braking down. Plus, that song keeps playing over and over until the race ends. I'm listening to Soul Coughing - Super Bon Bon, then after it finishes, I hear it again, and again, and again. It's like the game doesn't have any other songs to share during the race. So, I turn off the audio and put on my mp3.

Back