About the Dirt/Snow Physics...

  • Thread starter Thread starter JTB10000
  • 5 comments
  • 839 views
Messages
1,523
United States
Texas
Messages
JoshsoJB
Do they seem to be off to anyone else? FF cars in particular are just plain awful. The constant wheelspin is to be expected but the cornering just seems weird. A little hard to explain.
 
Do they seem to be off to anyone else? FF cars in particular are just plain awful. The constant wheelspin is to be expected but the cornering just seems weird. A little hard to explain.

The dirt is a little funky, for lack of a better term. But at least it there. The snow seems more realistic compared to the dirt, for me anyway. I find no fun in FF cars, even more so on dirt and snow. But whatever floats your boat. The more time you spend on the dirt, the more fun it becomes. 84 ford RS 2000 group b rally car! Thats about as fun as it gets, in my book.
 
I've played with my high power 4wd rally cars, but nothing else on dirt or snow. I'll have a little play and report back.
 
Yea, it doesn't feel like dirt it feels like a really rough gravel on Toscana
 
I feel the dirt physics are much less accurate than GT's simulation on asphalt. Certainly because the driving model seems to be more correct when the tyres are in contact with the road surface, while being a lot more inaccurate when there's no contact, which is of course the case while rallying for more of the time due to road unevenness. The simulation of tyres digging in and actually gaining grip is also limited. All in all I'd say it feels a bit more arcadey than asphalt driving, but it's still fun to throw around any of the Group B rallycars once in a while.
 
Back