• Thread starter GT_Anon123
  • 58 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_Anon123

(Banned)
United States
United States
Hey all, I have a lot of information on the future of Gran Turismo , mostly insider information that may change as I DON’T work for Polyphony and I am getting this information as I work for a branch in Sony. I will not disclose this information for obvious reasons. Much of this information may be revealed as early as the next fiscal year.

1. Polyphony and another contractor working on a gran turismo 2 remaster (ran into a bunch of problems with licensing and branding)
  2. Gran Turismo 7 To NOT be a next gen Launch title
  3. Gran turismo sport to get a better touch up with backwards compatibility on next gen
  4. Gran Turismo 7 to be a traditional game with all of Sports assets

Alright, everyone this was just a joke taken to far I don’t even work for polyphony or Sony.

Last edited:
If Sony would be so kind and remake GT4 the best GT game ever and include all the online racing of GT Sport for those who prefer that and take a leaf from Driveclub and include sprints where you can compete globally I would be a very happy bunny.
Meh, some things in GT4 were crap compared to GT2, mostly sound, car handling and AI related. Drive a cobra in GT4 and GT sport (or an equivalent powerful rear drive car in GT2) and you will see what I mean.

GT4 was cool because of the huge car choice, track choice, and the huge amount of used cars including the blacked LM proto. If the next GT could be a mix of GT2, GT4 with the graphics, sound and handling from GT sport i would buy it.

Anyways, everyone will have a different opinion

I’m assuming the GT2 remaster would be a mobile game? So basically just GT4 with some trimming and GT2’s soundtrack?

Knowing HSG he’ll probably take the bait and make a video on it.
Well GT2 is his favorite GT2 other than 4, in the end we all want a GT2 remaster, then again OP for the thread said they ran into licence issues so Don't think it's quite possible just a wet dream for now.

Well GT2 is his favorite GT2 other than 4, in the end we all want a GT2 remaster, then again OP for the thread said they ran into licence issues so Don't think it's quite possible just a wet dream for now.
Just make the tracks for GTS, licence the cars you need, get the rest from GTS and release it as GT2 mode for GTS. Match an anniversary for GT2 and you're golden. Maybe half of it could be released as GT1 first.

Hey all, I have a lot of information on the future of Gran Turismo , mostly insider information that may change as I DON’T work for Polyphony and I am getting this information as I work for a branch in Sony. I will not disclose this information for obvious reasons. Much of this information may be revealed as early as the next fiscal year.

1. Polyphony and another contractor working on a gran turismo 2 remaster (ran into a bunch of problems with licensing and branding)
  3. Gran turismo sport to get a better touch up with backwards compatibility on next gen
As a man once said "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

We've had threads like this before and I honestly am not sure I believe this. I am not suggesting the OP is lying, trust me, nothing would thrill me more than to be proven wrong especially with that first part, but this is one of these cases where I won't believe it until I see it.

We've had threads like this before and I honestly am not sure I believe this. I am not suggesting the OP is lying, trust me, nothing would thrill me more than to be proven wrong especially with that first part, but this is one of these cases where I won't believe it until I see it.
That's ok because I believe he is, until proven wrong.

Can't imagine 1 will ever happen as a result of the licensing issue, meaning a load of iconic cars may be excluded (e.g. Vector, Venturi, Lotus) - or that Polyphony will stretch themselves between two games considering they seem to struggle with one at a time :boggled:

I also don't see why they'd remake an old game instead of just modelling all that content for GT7 and giving it a massive car roster... plus GT2 would need a heck of a lot of work to look halfway decent... unlike, say, GT3 or 4.

3 might well happen... but then that's probably true for most recent PS4 games...

but I can't see them essentially bundling all of Sport into 7 and then touching up the previous game, potentially fragmenting the Sport mode userbase into two games.

TL;DR - sounds like someone stirring the pot with completely unsubstantiated rumours. Will believe it when I see it...

The OP is reminding me of how David Meltzer will speculate various things on professional wrestling without citing any actual sources.

David Meltzer basically speculated two opposite-end scenarios and when it turns out that one end or the other is close to what actually happens he's like "I called on ___", but when who ends are wrong he simply says "oh the plans changed".... and people pay $120 a year for this!

The OP is reminding me of how David Meltzer will speculate various things on professional wrestling without citing any actual sources.

David Meltzer basically speculated two opposite-end scenarios and when it turns out that one end or the other is close to what actually happens he's like "I called on ___", but when who ends are wrong he simply says "oh the plans changed".... and people pay $120 a year for this!
Some of us rich folk pay the princely sum of $12 for quality gems like this.

The idea about GT2 beeing remastered seems to be unbeliveable... But it really can be true. We don't have any of tracks from GT2 in GT Sport. None of them. We know that Polyphony is working on old original tracks (deep forest confirmed like two years ago). So... Where are these tracks? Where is pikes peak? If PD really makes GT2 remaster in quality of GT Sport it would be double win. They would bring on the market still on current generation very different game as gt sport. All tracks different as these in Gt Sport and most of the cars also.
The second win would be GT7 - all resources from gt sport + gt2 remastered on new gen console would be the ultimative GT game.

Kaz said once, that his goal is to have every car that ever appeared in Gran Turismo Series in one game.

I'm in work. Could someone prepare comparison list of cars from gt sport vs gt2? How many cars from gt2 are already in GT Sport?

This game would be financial success, just like Resident Evil 2 or Crash Bandicoot.

What's the value in remaking a racing game from 20 years ago? There's not many genres of games that there's no point recreating. SIM racers are probably one, as well as sport games like FIFA, Madden and NFL. These games are relatively similar with each iteration of game.

You believe he's lying? (just making sure if I understand correctly)
Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does this even mean?
I’ll try to get back to you on that

What's the value in remaking a racing game from 20 years ago? There's not many genres of games that there's no point recreating. SIM racers are probably one, as well as sport games like FIFA, Madden and NFL. These games are relatively similar with each iteration of game.

Yeah.
This completely makes sense, as Sony is having a bunch of problems with licensings, however it may not be the remaster you were expecting. More of a far cry 3 ‘remaster’ where it’s just a touch up and make go the ace combat 5 route, just having the game available to a ‘deluxe’ version of the game or preorder.

The idea about GT2 beeing remastered seems to be unbeliveable... But it really can be true. We don't have any of tracks from GT2 in GT Sport. None of them. We know that Polyphony is working on old original tracks (deep forest confirmed like two years ago). So... Where are these tracks? Where is pikes peak? If PD really makes GT2 remaster in quality of GT Sport it would be double win. They would bring on the market still on current generation very different game as gt sport. All tracks different as these in Gt Sport and most of the cars also.
The second win would be GT7 - all resources from gt sport + gt2 remastered on new gen console would be the ultimative GT game.

Kaz said once, that his goal is to have every car that ever appeared in Gran Turismo Series in one game.

I'm in work. Could someone prepare comparison list of cars from gt sport vs gt2? How many cars from gt2 are already in GT Sport?

This game would be financial success, just like Resident Evil 2 or Crash Bandicoot.
Not necessarily, PD is planning on bringing tracks back from past games!

The chances of a GT2 remake are as likely as horses and dogs becoming anthropomorphic. If ANY game is getting a remake, it’s GT3, their most successful game by a considerable margin.
Makes sense to me, however maybe PD is testing the waters with this and plus they are getting help from a contracting studio.

Yeah I’ll try to get some proof to the admins, however it is a really stern thing talked about with Sony and they want to pursue this. Otherwise expect more info later

An upgraded version of GT Sport released on the PS5, featuring cross console play with the PS4, so the user base is unified.
It may be lighter than what you expect

I’m assuming the GT2 remaster would be a mobile game? So basically just GT4 with some trimming and GT2’s soundtrack?
That’s one thing I can guarantee won’t happen. Project canned or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back