Gran Turismo 6- What I Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

think again

(Banned)
While i will not divulge my sources, you will have to trust me when i say i have contacts within SCE and may shed some light on the situation with the next installment- Gran Turismo 6.

Why should you believe me? Everything I reveal will be proven correct over the new year, as my sources are concrete and in regular contact with the PD offices for primarily marketing reasons.

I have three revelations that i feel i can reveal without making my "mole" too obvious to those at sony. They are not cryptic and those of you with brains will understand them....

1. GT6 is not a PS3 game- it was developed for the next playstation (reveal near E3, launching 2014) from the beginning.
2. The Top gear license and premium cars will not be returning. Mainly due to worries over the gap between PS4 and PS2 quality cars.
3. The game builds upon the GT5 engine and has given them a huge development headstart that allows me to be confident that the launch window for GT6 is March 2014 in Japan.

Alas, that is all I can say for now, until sony reveals all.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say premium cars will not be returning you mean standard cars won't be back and they will all be of the same quality with cockpit, right? Or are you saying cockpit view won't be returning?

Is this fact or speculation? If fact, please provide some kind of evidence other than us having to take your word that you 'know' this because you have contact with the developer.

It's board rules that one should not post false or misleading information, just so you know.

When you say premium cars will not be returning you mean standard cars won't be back and they will all be of the same quality with cockpit, right? Or are you saying cockpit view won't be returning?

All high quality my man, not sure how many but all GT5 premium will be in plus more.
EG No GT4 quality cars.

Is this fact or speculation? If fact, please provide some kind of evidence other than us having to take your word that you 'know' this because you have contact with the developer.

It's board rules that one should not post false or misleading information, just so you know.

I really cant, im not risking my pals job. You dont have to believe me but in 12 months time you will :)

Is there no way you can ultimately confirm these rumours as truth without getting your friend in trouble?

Is there no way you can ultimately confirm these rumours as truth without getting your friend in trouble?

Well i could get a pic of him in the PD offices, but that would be a one way ticket to unemployment wouldnt it?

I chose to reveal this info coz i know you guys wanna know whats happening, i know either way so negative attitudes may just stop the flow of info OK.

I don't think you should immediately jump on him to prove his sources or threaten with AUP. He didn't make any outlandish claim and in fact most of us assumed all of what he said already. Besides, people jumped on Space Empire and SpartanUK when they released inside info without much to back it up and they were proven correct. And we don't see people jumping on Amar every time he posts something cryptic, at least not anymore.:)

Last edited:

I remember a thread like this for GT5 being treated the same way originally.

Of course, all of that ended up being pretty accurate, aside from some late changes in development.

I'm not trying to be forceful or push the issue at all. I think it's kind of unfair to present what appear to be rumours as truth (until proven true) and expect us to swallow them as fact.

I'm by no means saying the OP is lying or is misleading us but without proof it's hard to take it seriously. I know the reason for lack of proof has been posted, but that, to me, screams of an excuse.

This seems pretty interesting and not much different from what others have predicted, aside from the Top Gear license.

The real question though, is will you reveal more with time? Please do, as I can't just do with only this for a WHOLE year haha.

Much credit goes to you & your insider if all pans out.

1 and 2 are pretty obvious to casual GT6 forum visitors.

I hope 3 is accurate. I don't really care about the release date but I like the game engine and would love even better graphics than what we have right now.

While i will not divulge my sources, you will have to trust me when i say i have contacts within SCE and may shed some light on the situation with the next installment- Gran Turismo 6.

Why should you believe me? Everything I reveal will be proven correct over the new year, as my sources are concrete and in regular contact with the PD offices for primarily marketing reasons.

I have three revelations that i feel i can reveal without making my "mole" too obvious to those at sony. They are cryptic but those of you with brains will understand them....

1. GT6 is not a PS3 game- it was developed for the next playstation (reveal at E3, launching 2014) from the beginning.
2. The Top gear license and premium cars will not be returning. Mainly due to worries over the gap between PS4 and PS2 quality cars.
3. The game builds upon the GT5 engine and has given them a huge development headstart that allows me to be confident that the launch window for GT6 is March 2014 in Japan.

Alas, that is all I can say for now, until 3 reveals all.

These all seem to be reasonable points. I'm glad about the Top Gear License expiring.

I remember a thread like this for GT5 being treated the same way originally.

Of course, all of that ended up being pretty accurate, aside from some late changes in development.

Amar was already recognized as a reliable source back then, and he provided a wealth of info.

Not much info here is shocking or surprising, yet.

Amar was already recognized as a reliable source back then, and he provided a wealth of info.

Not much info here is shocking or surprising, yet.

Well, other than the absence of an announced delay :P.

It all reads like pretty common theories, so no need to go hard on the guy, folks. We'll definitely be hearing something about GT6 at some point this year, I think it's safe to say 👍

Hopefully most of this is true, but please don't rush the release.

Would much rather have a good quality product over a rushed one.

Hopefully most of this is true, but please don't rush the release.

Would much rather have a good quality product over a rushed one.

Yeah became if there is anything PD are known for it's rushing releases.

While i will not divulge my sources, you will have to trust me...

...premium cars will not be returning. Mainly due to worries over the gap between PS4 and PS2 quality cars.

I don't have to trust you at all. Trust is earnt, & I you have given me no basis whatsoever to put trust in you.

No Premium cars! I find that almost impossible to believe! So you're saying that PD are going to bin all the hard work they've spent modelling Premium vehicles, in order to make all cars look more like Standard, just to maintain cohesion on a next gen console like PS4? Now I know you're talking out of your backside! Either that or you made an error & meant Standard cars will not be returning?

VBR
I don't have to trust you at all. Trust is earnt, & I you have given me no basis whatsoever to put trust in you.

No Premium cars! I find that almost impossible to believe! So you're saying that PD are going to bin all the hard work they've spent modelling Premium vehicles, in order to make all cars look more like Standard, just to maintain cohesion on a next gen console like PS4? Now I know you're talking out of your backside! Either that or you made an error & meant Standard cars will not be returning?

He meant the other way around and just wrote it in a strange way. Ie the "premium" denotion will be gone because there will be no standards making it moot, not the cars themselves.

He meant the other way around and just wrote it in a strange way. Ie the "premium" denotion will be gone because there will be no standards making it moot, not the cars themselves.

I thought it was that he said. So basically he means there won't be this whole "premium and standard" differences anymore, and just being "cars"? Great to hear if that's what he met. :)

I thought it was that he said. So basically he means there won't be this whole "premium and standard" differences anymore, and just being "cars"? Great to hear if that's what he met. :)

Yes, his reply was quite clear.

All high quality my man, not sure how many but all GT5 premium will be in plus more.
EG No GT4 quality cars.

It's the only decision that makes any sense. I don't particularly believe this guy at this point but nothing he has said so far is "out there", it's all what was expected.

It's the only decision that makes any sense. I don't particularly believe this guy at this point but nothing he has said so far is "out there", it's all what was expected.

Ahh okay, that makes a lot of sense. I'm in the middle on believing and not believing him, but what he said was pretty understandable. :)

To the OP, think again-- I am grateful for your information, it doesn't matter if every one of us believes it, and please continue to hang out with us- as many here will appreciate your intellectual honesty and prospective knowledge.

My thoughts. Well... if they would've used the Top Gear license at any capacity beyond the 15% displayed in GT5 (no option for SIARPC scenarios, simple leaderboards, or authentic camera angles) then we would surely be seeing it again. But. I digress..

Last edited:
SimonK

Exactly, I think a lot of us already assumed what he wrote. Nothing surprising or far fetched. I don't expect it to be released this year but would love an E3 '13 announcement.

The only part that I found odd or that I would question is that he said a March 2014 release date in Japan. The date seems reasonable enough but I'm sure every game will be released at the same time worldwide now so it was odd to only mention Japan.

Be quite funny if GT6 releases for the PS4 before Sony gets around to releasing the PS4. :D Rumors peg the PS4 launch at Q3 or Q4 2014.

Be quite funny if GT6 releases for the PS4 before Sony gets around to releasing the PS4. :D Rumors peg the PS4 launch at Q3 or Q4 2014.

Do they? Most places I have read say both consoles will be late 2013 to early 2014. I don't think we'll have an 18-month wait after E3 again, not when they're already "late" by last gen standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back