ABS 10= more speed

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeddyBear-420
  • 45 comments
  • 4,835 views
Messages
1,473
Messages
Teddy_Bear-420
as the title read. i have tested it and im 100% sure. i beat Nascar with ease ASB 10. i also cut 7 sec off my attempt at the GT-R offical record. i found this by racing my ghost over and over. what i did was did a lap on nurburg in race hards, then i put on sport hards to beat the time. ABS 1 i couldnt keep up with my ghost, ABS 10 i was passing him on straights.
 
Last edited:
as the title read. i have tested it and im 100% sure. i beat Nascar with ease ASB 10. i also cut 7 sec off my attempt at the GT-R offical record. i found this by racing my ghost over and over. what i did was did a lap on nurburg in race hards, then i put on sport hards to beat the time. ABS 1 i couldnt keep up with my ghost, ABS 10 i was passing him on straights.

Is your ASM on?? With Nascar ok, but with the Gt-R record?
 
Post your lap times

Nurburgring-

Arcade Stock
GT-R sport hard ABS 1- 7:38
GT-R Racing hard ABS 1- 7:27

GT-R sport hard ABS 10-7:29
GT-R racing hard ABS 10-7:19
 
"ASB 10= more speed"

Maybe, but I doubt it. Also much less skill on the part of the driver who relies on this crutch.
 
"ASB 10= more speed"

Maybe, but I doubt it. Also much less skill on the part of the driver who relies on this crutch.

Yes, because you need mad skillz to push a button?
 
"ASB 10= more speed"

Maybe, but I doubt it. Also much less skill on the part of the driver who relies on this crutch.

ABS 10 uses braking for corners rather then stopping. BTW its a video game.... less skill? really?
 
ABS 10 uses braking for corners rather then stopping. BTW its a video game.... less skill? really?

Ah, that's the description for the ASM, is it not?

Edit : nope, I'm wrong, it's the description for the ABS.
 
Last edited:
Ah, that's the description for the ASM, is it not?

nope.... AMS slows you down alot my limiting you trottle

ABS controls braking but for some reson it gives you faster speeds
 
ASM presses the brakes for you when you over or understeer. On ABS 10, the pressure that you can apply to use brakes is much less than on a lower setting, like 1. This is why you find the NASCAR challenge easier.
 
ASM presses the brakes for you when you over or understeer. On ABS 10, the pressure that you can apply to use brakes is much less than on a lower setting, like 1. This is why you find the NASCAR challenge easier.

why would it be faster on straights ABS 10?

BTW...i dont use ASM or any other assist...just ABS
 
TeddyBear-420
why would it be faster on straights ABS 10?

BTW...i dont use ASM or any other assist...just ABS

No. Around the corners, less brake pressure is applied, meaning more speed through corners. For the NASCAR challenge anyway.
 
However, I must point out that the reason why you lapping faster with ABS on 10 is because:

1) You brake while turning
2) Just generally got a better lap through
3) A mixture of 1 and 2

ABS 1 or 0 should be faster than ABS 10 on a GT-R. The GT-R is stable under braking anyway so ABS doesn't help much. In fact, it should make you slower because it increases braking distances.
 
ASB? ABS? ASM? AMS? Can you please tell me what?

Am I right to asume there is only ABS and either ASM or AMS (don't know which one)? Can someone clarify?
 
Interesting interesting, I was playing around with this just last night. I hadn't thought to crank it all the way up to 10 though. will test and post.
 
What's the GT-R official record? And with which GT-R?

Will check this out and post if I find positive results.
 
What's the GT-R official record? And with which GT-R?

Will check this out and post if I find positive results.

7 minutes 29 seconds around the Nurburgring with the GTR '07
 
it could just be a better lap, seeing your ABS=1 lap is about 20 seconds off the car's limit.
 
I just bought the car stock and ran 729.3 then put abs up to ten and ran a 729.6. I messed up in one spot on the second lap but nothing major. No speed increase that I can see.
 
My times with ABS 1 (Arcade , GT-R ´07)

Sports Hard 7:24
Sports Soft 7:07

Edit: Grip was set to REAL , no other aids were used


raVer
 
Last edited:
the only reason this is true is because abs helps your inside wheel and outside wheel from not locking even though they have very different forces on them.
 
My times with ABS 1 (Arcade , GT-R ´07)

Sports Hard 7:24
Sports Soft 7:07

Edit: Grip was set to REAL , no other aids were used


raVer

Wow nice times! do you use a wheel?
 
as the title read. i have tested it and im 100% sure. i beat Nascar with ease ASB 10. i also cut 7 sec off my attempt at the GT-R offical record. i found this by racing my ghost over and over. what i did was did a lap on nurburg in race hards, then i put on sport hards to beat the time. ABS 1 i couldnt keep up with my ghost, ABS 10 i was passing him on straights.

I can confirm that (see my thread from 18th March https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194080).
 
As far as I know there's no boost at all but the ABS makes stuff easier, consequently a faster time because of the ease of driving. I felt the difference when completing the infamous X2010 challenge.
 
Do change the title because "ASB" dosent exist.
 
Well the last set of NASCAR challenges had been kicking my butt. All I could get was a bronze. After reading thins and giving it a go I have now gotten GOLD on all three of the events after a few tries each!
 
Like I said, the ONLY reason is because ABS is preventing your wheels from locking up even though you can be braking into a corner very hard which will make you not understeer and cause you to go through the corners faster.

Easier to use but less realistic for some cars.

Also, why would you set Brake Balance to 0/0?

If anything set it to 5/5 like normal... the only thing balance affects is the sensitivity of the button you are pressing, at 10 it has full braking power only half pressed and at 0 it has only like 1/4. 5/5 is the default and is in general the best you can get.
 
Back