ABS 10= more speed

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeddyBear-420
  • 45 comments
  • 4,835 views
ABS may make YOU faster, but it is not faster for someone (most likely on a wheel) that has good control braking. Not sure if ABS:0 is faster or not yet but if someone masters it don't be surprised if they are.

Don't get faster confused with easier too, driving faster may just be easier for you with this setting.
 
No, you are wrong. It will make EVERYONE faster, because it allows for faster cornering speeds. You are unable to match the ABS and dont try to say you "can do it" because the ABS lets the inside wheel and outside wheel speeds differ alot without locking and gets rid of alot of understeer. Which no matter how hard you try, you cant do.
 
No, you are wrong. It will make EVERYONE faster, because it allows for faster cornering speeds. You are unable to match the ABS and dont try to say you "can do it" because the ABS lets the inside wheel and outside wheel speeds differ alot without locking and gets rid of alot of understeer. Which no matter how hard you try, you cant do.

NO!

ABS 10 will increase braking distances.

That is bad.
 
I know from talking to you you're not the best driver so this isn't a great thread. Why you ask? Well, why don't you go and run a 6.05 with ABS on 10 and let us know how you get on ... I ran a 6.05 with no ABS and no aids either. Car was a fully tuned Corvette ZR1 RM.

Teddy you remember when we were doing the Nissan gtr record challenge and I was seven seconds faster than you? Well I wasn't using ABS so just because you can't drive fast without ABS doesn't mean others can't ... I could beat you all day long round the Nurburgring with no ABS.
 
Ive found ABS 10 increases braking distance on straight line a little bit yes, but helps get into corners alot. I usually just leave it at 1 so I dont accidentally lock.
 
Some people just have no idea on the theories of fast driving.
 
Even with a DS3 I've found that more than 1-2 setting on ABS increases stopping distances enough to throw off my lines. I haven't officially done a test to see which is faster and by how much, but if you look at the essential function of ABS and how it works, you will understand why it has longer stopping distances.
If you can hold the brakes at say 75% of lockup for 100% of the time or...
If you use ABS and you're at 99% of lockup for 50% of the time...Which is going to slow you down faster? The first one. Why? Think of it in seconds. If every 10 percent is slowing you down 1mph per second (excessively slow rate of decel, I know), then think about the progression.
Second 1 the first person slowed down 7.5mph, the 2nd 9.9.
Second 2 the first person slowed down 7.5mph, the 2nd 0.0. Totals: 15.0mph, 9.9.
Second 3 the first person slowed down 7.5mph, the 2nd 9.9. Totals: 22.5mph, 19.8.
Second 4 the first person slowed down 7.5mph, the 2nd 0.0. Totals: 30.0mph, 19.8.

Good driver is better than a fast computer on this oversimplified model.
 
Nurburgring-

Arcade Stock
GT-R sport hard ABS 1- 7:38
GT-R Racing hard ABS 1- 7:27

GT-R sport hard ABS 10-7:29
GT-R racing hard ABS 10-7:19


We need someone with faster laptimes to verify this. I will try this out at home later tonight, I am able to run 7.26.6xx on sports hard on abs=1, will try with abs=10.

I also agree your improved laptime could very well be the result of a overall better lap, not because of abs@10
 
We need someone with faster laptimes to verify this. I will try this out at home later tonight, I am able to run 7.26.6xx on sports hard on abs=1, will try with abs=10.

I also agree your improved laptime could very well be the result of a overall better lap, not because of abs@10

It depends very much on your driving style too.

People who brake in a straight as much as possible, which is the fastest way, will find that a lower ABS setting is much better.

People who like to brake while turning will like a high ABS setting, as it removes understeer but it will be ultimately slower.

Also, if you use manual, you can control the car's stability better when braking so ABS isn't really needed, this is the opposite for auto.
 
IMHO if your interested in the fastest way around any given circuit, ABS 10 is not the secret weapon. Maybe the easier method, but definitely not the quickest.
 
Poppins
No, you are wrong. It will make EVERYONE faster, because it allows for faster cornering speeds. You are unable to match the ABS and dont try to say you "can do it" because the ABS lets the inside wheel and outside wheel speeds differ alot without locking and gets rid of alot of understeer. Which no matter how hard you try, you cant do.

Are you joking? Do you even know what ABS is?
 
My times with ABS 1 (Arcade , GT-R ´07)

Sports Hard 7:24
Sports Soft 7:07

Edit: Grip was set to REAL , no other aids were used


raVer

holy.. these are godly laptimes 👍 can you please run another lap with abs=10?
 
Are you joking? Do you even know what ABS is?

Apparently some don't know what it's really for mate.Why do you think I didnt bother reasoning with anyone here.:sly:
 
Back