ABS Bug/Glitch? *no fix atm*

• Thread starter MINKIHL
  • 55 comments
Austria
Vienna
MINKIHL
Hello folks :)

Today i had race in my series. In Quali i left the pits and the car felt like ABS is on weak (front tires lock under braking). I went directly back to pit and left pits again. It was fixed for the Quali but was back again in the race. Is this Bug/Glitch known? Is there a fix or a walkaround?

I could not figure out yet, what the reason is for this bug... i thought at the beginning its my fanatec, but i updated it before the race today and a team mate told me he had that also on spa last days that it feels like the ABS is on weak.

Edit: My Mate drove with Pad.

Anyone had this aswell?

Any solutions or answers i would appreciate very much :)

Only workaround I’ve found is to set ABS Off, enter warm-up then leave, set ABS Default, enter warm-up.
It’s a pain

Only workaround I’ve found is to set ABS Off, enter warm-up then leave, set ABS Default, enter warm-up.
It’s a pain

Something like that i did, we had a startbug...so we restarted... i had that abs glitch immediatly after start and i was ..pewh gladly a restart... i went to options, set the abs to none and back to "normal" or "default" and after the restart i had it again... lucky me..i could manage to go smoother with the brf value on my fanatec to compensate that none or weak abs that i could finish the race propper..but it was a pain

You mean after i joined the Lobby?

I've found that if you brake in a straight line, so no turning input, the braking works better. If you turn at all while heavy braking, you'll get less ABS. I'm not sure this change is a bug. I don't like the inconsistency.

You mean after i joined the Lobby?
My comment was focused on Sport Mode since I haven't experienced this in lobbies, but the gist of the workaround is:
1) Turn ABS to "Off"
2) Enter the track ("Warm Up" if SM, "Enter Course" if lobby)
3) Leave the track
4) Set ABS to "Default"
5) Enter the track

Doing that has allowed me to avoid the issue occurring. But like I said, I've only had experience doing this for Sport Mode races.

My comment was focused on Sport Mode since I haven't experienced this in lobbies, but the gist of the workaround is:
1) Turn ABS to "Off"
3) Leave the track
4) Set ABS to "Default"
5) Enter the track

Doing that has allowed me to avoid the issue occurring. But like I said, I've only had experience doing this for Sport Mode races.

Ah ok, its in Lobby aswell... I had it today after 3 SPA Races in the 4th i had the Bug...what an annoying thing

I have faced the same bug with ABS in Daily races and recent FIA races. It was very annoying. I locked car wheels every time I apply my brakes, like no ABS or weak ABS.
I have found temporary solution to this bug. In every racing room, before the race starts, you have to go to settings and switch ABS to off. Exit settings screen. Then open it again and switch ABS to default.
You have to repeat this every time you enter sport mode race, during warm up, before race starts.

Are you guys calibrating your pedals by pushing them all the way down after the wheel calibrates itself when the game boots?

Are you guys calibrating your pedals by pushing them all the way down after the wheel calibrates itself when the game boots?

no usually i am turning on the wheel and put on my gloves without sitting infront of it. So no, I am not pressing anything on my Pedals during calibration

no usually i am turning on the wheel and put on my gloves without sitting infront of it. So no, I am not pressing anything on my Pedals during calibration
No. Not during wheel start up calibration, but after the game boots you have to push pedals to the end for in game proper calibration. The game calibrates pedals with first press on them even if it is the start of the race. So better to do it before.
But ABS glitch is not related to pedals calibration at all.

No. Not during wheel start up calibration, but after the game boots you have to push pedals to the end for in game proper calibration. The game calibrates pedals with first press on them even if it is the start of the race. So better to do it before.
But ABS glitch is not related to pedals calibration at all.
Not calibrating the pedals can cause some odd things to happen the first tome you press them, I’ve not experienced this bug but I thought it worth mentioning anyway.

I am starting to think that this ABS bug affects only Fanatec users after changes PD made with previous update. There was something about dead zone adjustments to brake and gas pedals.

I am starting to think that this ABS bug affects only Fanatec users after changes PD made with previous update. There was something about dead zone adjustments to brake and gas pedals.
Using a G29 and have experienced it. It’s not only Fanatec users. It also has nothing to do with pedal calibration. If the pedals were miscalibrated and applying too much force that would only result in early application than expected, not lockup. If they were applying less force that would result in longer braking distances.

The issue is lockup when the ABS is set to Default. It has nothing to do with brake pedal application and is a bug with the setting getting switched to Weak.

I´m using a g29 and i also experience some weird behaviors on track and wheel in general, when i enter a lobby all works fine but after a bit time of exiting the track or pause the game weird stuff tend to happen like the brakes feel different and even the FFB seems to become lighter then usual.

Theres a bunch of bugs that are not adress or showed up, hope they fix them in the future cause like this it´s very easy to make mistakes since we must adapt every time :S

Honestly I don't think there is a glitch.
It seems to me like the inside tends to lock up a little if you brake too hard while trying to turn. Just like in real life, you see it all the time in racing. Maybe the game is just becoming a little more realistic. I've noticed in the super formula cars in the fist stint when I'm on hards, but as soon as I get on mediums it's barely perceptable.

It seems to me like the inside tends to lock up a little if you brake too hard while trying to turn. Just like in real life, you see it all the time in racing. Maybe the game is just becoming a little more realistic. I've noticed in the super formula cars in the fist stint when I'm on hards, but as soon as I get on mediums it's barely perceptable.
I'm pretty sure the brakes are glitched in the daily races and the only way to fix it is by turning abs off and on during warm up.

No, its such a big difference and has to be a bug, when you drive normal with abs or if you lock up directly and going straight...

1) Turn ABS to "Off"
3) Leave the track
4) Set ABS to "Default"
5) Enter the track

After 3 days I finally got my ABS to stop flickering. I had done what you describe yesterday and the day before but for some reason it only worked today.

I had told a friend about it and they were about to buy me new wheel for Christmas. My friend almost wasted hundreds of $ because of this bug. :irked:

Last edited:
After 3 days I finally got my ABS to stop flickering. I had done what you describe yesterday and the day before but for some reason it only worked today.

I had told a friend about it and they were about to buy me new wheel for Christmas. My friend almost wasted hundreds of $ because of this bug. :irked:

If your freind would still like to buy a wheel for someone I could really use a Podium for Christmas!! :D:cheers:

If your freind would still like to buy a wheel for someone I could really use a Podium for Christmas!! :D:cheers:
He's a good friend.

I realized after posting this that it makes me seem like I regularly get gifts like this. I'm really not that big on gifts. Which is why I think he was so eager to buy it for me.

Still not fixxed sadly:( I forgot to turn ABS on and off on daily race C and had to suffer ten laps on crappy brakes.

1) Turn ABS to "Off"
3) Leave the track
4) Set ABS to "Default"
5) Enter the track

I have found that you don't have to enter and leave the track for this to work. You can just turn ABS off and then on again in the menu for this to work. After that I enter the track for warm up but I'm not sure is that is necessary.

Just experienced it for the first time in a 90 minute lobby race last night. The fact I went a month since it first appeared before I experienced it means it is a glitch and not a physics update. Every other sport mode and lobby race I’ve done since December has gone smoothly. And I use controller, so it makes the already worsened front tire wear even more unbearable.

I’ve never experienced that amount of lockup with ABS on in any GT game.

Last edited:
During a recent online session, every time I started the warm up, I didn't get the ABS glitch. If I didn't start the warm up, I sometimes got the glitch. My advice therefore is to always start the warm up even if it's for a few seconds. Not sure if this is a guaranteed fix but it did seem to work for the most part.

Happened to me again last night after missing the warm up on race b. The fronts were constantly locking up and I was getting the **** load of understeer while turning in. I don’t know how this has gone seemingly unnoticed by most people.

Next time I’ll save the replay. I’m using a G29 btw.

Happened to me again last night after missing the warm up on race b. The fronts were constantly locking up and I was getting the **** load of understeer while turning in. I don’t know how this has gone seemingly unnoticed by most people.

Next time I’ll save the replay. I’m using a G29 btw.

I've said the exact same thing because this has been happening to me for well over a year now but nobody ever took me seriously so I just quit talking about it.

Actually never yet had this trouble, in recent C on Fuji and current on Nürburgring. Never did warm ups, never changed ABS, DS4.

Back