ABS in Gran Turismo series R.I.P (1997-2008)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 155 comments
Its fine to have an option to lock out ABS as a function on older (most pre-90's cars), as those cars didn't come with it, but turning it off on say a Viper when it has it from Dodge is kind of silly to me and I have never applied the brakes so hard on any game to make them lock, never locked them up on my own cars (none had ABS until the SRT-4 which has it)

A bit overrated find in my book, but I am sure the rest of you will pee your pants in excitement.

Just like accident damage is overrated, the point is keeping it on the black stuff, if you get an orgasm from over-cooking into a turn, locking the brakes, flying into the sand and finally making contact with the tire barrier to see your hood crumple, you got issues...

Just like accident damage is overrated, the point is keeping it on the black stuff, if you get an orgasm from over-cooking into a turn, locking the brakes, flying into the sand and finally making contact with the tire barrier to see your hood crumple, you got issues...

👍:sly::dopey::dunce::yuck:💡:embarrassed::lol:

Its a great feature to have and will allow me to put my FM2 skills to work in GT. Only problem I see is with the SixAxis user, with no vibration function our only feed back will be sound, possibly visual if your not using the cockpit view. I have to wait till I play it to know if that's even is a problem. For FM2 I just got a feel for where my left trigger needed to be depressed before lock up, I'm sure I will be able to do the same with GT.

Brake lock up is fairly easy to see and hear even in car, I had the same worries about lack of rumble but just going of the visuals it's easy to see the lockup in car. No ABS really dose add another level to the game, sometimes with ABS you just don't seem to be braleing or have any real input into the action. Turn of the ABS and it's a whole new ball game. brakeing in some cars is now brutal LOL And balancing the car on the entry to a corner using trail brakong is a dream, you can prety much make the car dance given enough practice! Try it online and just take mad inside lines and out brake the rest of the field using ABS. Theres not a huge advantage but enough in the slow twisty bits to get yourself out of trouble LOL

Back