AC on offer on ps4 - help?

• Thread starter Ripper83
  • 39 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ripper83
Hi,

Debating whether to get AC as only £10 in PSN store now however can someone answer a question for me please....

Was it ever made possible for the controller pad layout to be customised on ps4?

Hi,

Debating whether to get AC as only £10 in PSN store now however can someone answer a question for me please....

Was it ever made possible for the controller pad layout to be customised on ps4?
You can remap button now on the PS4.

To what degree on a controller I'm not exactly sure, but certainly it can be fine to a degree.

Custom button mapping was added but it didn't make much a difference for me personally. All I needed was to map MGU to a button where it wouldn't overwrite TC on hybrid cars, but it didn't make a difference as TC adjustments simply won't trigger on hybrid cars. I also experienced another problem that I cannot remember in detail right now, but I vaguely recall how one of the R3 / L3 buttons wouldn't save the command I assigned to it. So it only works to some degree, but there are somewhere around six default presets to choose between.

You can change them however you like and you can have 5 ( think it's 5) custom presets and they can be accessed while on track. You can also change algorithms settings while on track too. The only thing that needs to be fixed is that you can't turn TC off in hybrid cars while on track. Hopefully that is remedied in the next update.

Thanks, just wanted to know if I can remap every button on a controller so I can have x/square for accelerate/brake and d pad for steering with triggers as gears

just saying that you will not get a good experience using a pad. AC is awesome with a wheel though.

Know it sounds strange but I’ve been using d-pad for over 20 years and it’s jusr how I get the feel in turn in for my style.

Wheel not an option sadly

just saying that you will not get a good experience using a pad. AC is awesome with a wheel though.

I have been fine using the default configuration for the DS4. It only required some sensitivity tweaks.

Know it sounds strange but I’ve been using d-pad for over 20 years and it’s jusr how I get the feel in turn in for my style.

Why not use L3 for steering? It somewhat mimics the progressive input you would get on a wheel, whereas as the directional buttons are like on/off switches.

Last edited:
Have tried l3 before and it’s ok but I like to use very hard inputs on steering so dpad has never let me down.

If I know for sure I can use my settings on AC I’ll be taking the plunge

I think you will have zero chance of any kind of decent control with Dpad. AC doesn't control on like other games made for controllers. The cars don't all have the same steering degree of rotation. I also don't think it's possible to assign dpad, maybe its possible with PS4's own custom settings, but I doubt it. You're like my bro: he refused to come into the modern age and adapt to a much better control method on PES. Me and my mates had to beat it into him for a few years. Once you get use to it I don't think it's possible to go back to the stone age dpad method.

@Nielsen , can you post your settings?

my current settings are these if you want to try them.

PS_Messages_20180124_160930.jpg

If you want the steering to look more natural, lower the steering speed to around 50.

I tried to assign steering to D pad, but in AC you can't do that.

Lancia Delta HF, even with your settings I consider AC not enjoyable. A proper steering wheel is the only option, really.

Hi,

This isn't a game for controllers, but it is possible. If you plan on getting a wheel, then buy this game. If not just save your money. Beauty of a game but the lack of tracks kills it.
Using the D-pad must be pretty much impossible.. or just extremely difficult.

Last edited:
I tried to assign steering to D pad, but in AC you can't do that.

Lancia Delta HF, even with your settings I consider AC not enjoyable. A proper steering wheel is the only option, really.
That's a shame. I have no issues personally with these settings or the various I've tried. You could try putting the steering gamma up or/and put steering speed to 20-30. Maybe put stability control on too.

I don't have to try it for me. I am using a G25 anyway. It's for the topic starter.

edit: D pad isn't even possible to configure in AC

Thanks for checking

Does it allow l3 for steering and x/[] for accelerate/brake & triggers for gears even?

I don't use pad for anything but I understand with ps4 the buttons are not analogue / pressure sensitive like they were on ps3 so you'd be either at 0 or 100% throttle and brakes.

@Nielsen , can you post your settings?

Steering speed: 11
Gamma: 3.0
Everything else: 0

Beauty of a game but the lack of tracks kills it.

Exaggeration? AC has the best quality of tracks currently available on consoles. PC2 may have way more tracks but several feel and look slightly off. Even GTS has fewer real world tracks than AC at the moment.

I don't use pad for anything but I understand with ps4 the buttons are not analogue / pressure sensitive like they were on ps3 so you'd be either at 0 or 100% throttle and brakes.

L2 and R2 are definitely input sensitive as these buttons basically travel like finger pedals. I believe most DS4 users accelerate and brake this way.

Well I took the plunge, taken ages to get settings that feel ok with a stick but slowly getting there and started to see glimpses of what makes the game.

If the custom championship looks how I think it does with unlimited creativity even with driver names being editable then that’s exactly what I’m after following the massive disappointment of PC2

L2 and R2 are definitely input sensitive as these buttons basically travel like finger pedals. I believe most DS4 users accelerate and brake this way.

Yes L2 R2 are fine - Ripper wanted to use x and square for accelerate and brake tho. Better off taking an hour to get used to the triggers

Steering speed: 11
Gamma: 3.0
Everything else: 0

Exaggeration? AC has the best quality of tracks currently available on consoles. PC2 may have way more tracks but several feel and look slightly off. Even GTS has fewer real world tracks than AC at the moment.

Well it kinda does lack tracks if you compare it to GT5 or Pcars2, but not GTS which also has a pathetic track list. However as point out, the quality is what really counts and proof is in the pudding. GT5/6 had loads of tracks, yet I would scroll back and forth through them trying to select a track just thinking to myself "boring, boring, nah that's boring too". Even with real world tracks I like. I would just end picking Monaco, Eiger (great track) and Top Gear Test Track. I don't get bored of any track on AC, to the point where I think "damn forgot about this other track for months, must rinse that one too now". A perfect example is Silverstone historic, tried it on release then forgot about it. Tried it recently and it's a brilliant track, much better than the current version imo. Great replays too. Would really love more historic tracks.
Well I took the plunge, taken ages to get settings that feel ok with a stick but slowly getting there and started to see glimpses of what makes the game.

If the custom championship looks how I think it does with unlimited creativity even with driver names being editable then that’s exactly what I’m after following the massive disappointment of PC2
When you test settings, remember to try them with various types of cars to get an idea if they're good or not. Or just cars that you're most likely to stick to. Yes the custom championships are really handy.

Well it kinda does lack tracks if you compare it to GT5 or Pcars2, but not GTS which also has a pathetic track list. However as point out, the quality is what really counts and proof is in the pudding. GT5/6 had loads of tracks, yet I would scroll back and forth through them trying to select a track just thinking to myself "boring, boring, nah that's boring too". Even with real world tracks I like. I would just end picking Monaco, Eiger (great track) and Top Gear Test Track. I don't get bored of any track on AC, to the point where I think "damn forgot about this other track for months, must rinse that one too now".

Exactly! Even with the long list of tracks in PC2 it only took me a week to get that dreaded "kinda boring, next track" feeling you mention in relation to the previous GT games. For some reason one cannot stop driving the relatively few tracks in AC over and over. No doubt it comes down to quality over quantity.

Exactly! Even with the long list of tracks in PC2 it only took me a week to get that dreaded "kinda boring, next track" feeling you mention in relation to the previous GT games. For some reason one cannot stop driving the relatively few tracks in AC over and over. No doubt it comes down to quality over quantity.
The tracks themselves aren't that liveliy ( the environments) but the track surfaces are full of life.

Starting to really love this game now, some of the cars you can really them dance on the edge of grip and walk that fine line.

Quick question, when playing things like championship is there a way to change your display name so it doesn’t use your PlayStation ID?

Starting to really love this game now, some of the cars you can really them dance on the edge of grip and walk that fine line.

Quick question, when playing things like championship is there a way to change your display name so it doesn’t use your PlayStation ID?
Not your own name unfortunately. Great that you're enjoying it, and yes you can really make them dance. So many great cars to try, the BMW E30 M3 DTM is a gem. The Lotus 49 and Ferrari 312 are a handful but amazing. Also in case you don't know, some turbo cars can be adjusted from 10% -100%, 100% damages the engine if used too long and you have full damage on.

So I started my first custom championship and couldn’t see see any way after round 1 to save or progress to round 2, I exited the game assuming it would auto save but when I turned on game yesterday there is no progress - am I missing something?

Back