AC on offer on ps4 - help?

• Thread starter Ripper83
  • 39 comments
So I started my first custom championship and couldn’t see see any way after round 1 to save or progress to round 2, I exited the game assuming it would auto save but when I turned on game yesterday there is no progress - am I missing something?
Try exiting all the way back to the home screen ( the one with the FXX K showing )

That has worked now thanks 👍

Doing a custom DTM season, this game is fantastic. My favourite driving game on ps4 is dirt rally and that has faced the same criticism as assetto corsa in terms of locations but id much rather fewer content when the physics are so nailed on like that and this.

This is why I fell out of love with project cars as I feel it’s overbloated, too many car/tracks to ever be able to enjoy them all

That has worked now thanks 👍

Doing a custom DTM season, this game is fantastic. My favourite driving game on ps4 is dirt rally and that has faced the same criticism as assetto corsa in terms of locations but id much rather fewer content when the physics are so nailed on like that and this.

This is why I fell out of love with project cars as I feel it’s overbloated, too many car/tracks to ever be able to enjoy them all
Awesome that you're enjoying it. The three DTM cars are brilliant. Really didn't like the Merc at the start and always avoided it, but had a few races online in it over the last week and it's a brilliant car. The Alfa is a bit weird but awesome, you can make it he have very interesting with some tuning. Almost like drift around corners but its not actually drifting.

There is a test everyone had to take in AC though. And that is to put in a quick clean lap around the ring in the slow Abarth 595 SS S2. Sounds easy right?

So when turning on my ps4 it seems custom championship progress is always lost, am I the only suffering from this??

So when turning on my ps4 it seems custom championship progress is always lost, am I the only suffering from this??
No you are not. This has happened just once to me though, so i have no idea what causes it. But what i can tell you is this, after the last update some were having this issue and gave warnings to back up game save data as they became corrupted. So i backed up my save to USB, then loaded the game and found my data had been wiped. Odd. I then used the last save that had been backed up to PSN cloud. Some people suspect it has something to do with the cloud corrupting files.

So solved the save bug after realising you have to see the save data sign itself at least once in menu screen.

Absolutely loving this game, everything that I wanted project cars to be but wasn’t.

Any tips on using energy recovery in lmp1’s by the way?

And yes I know it can’t match up to the pc version, went round a friends last week who has it on there rigged up with full wheel setup and VR - just WOW! Most immersive driving game experience I’ve had in 25 years.

But although I’ll have to make do with ps4 it’s still best driving simulation on there along with dirt rally for getting “that feeling”

Last edited:
So solved the save bug after realising you have to see the save data sign cone itself at least once in menu screen.

Absolutely loving this game, everything that I wanted project cars to be but wasn’t.

Any tips on using energy recovery in lmp1’s by the way?

And yes I know it can’t match up to the pc version, went round a friends last week who has it on there rigged up with full wheel setup and VR - just WOW! Most immersive driving game experience I’ve had in 25 years.

But although I’ll have to make do with ps4 it’s still best driving simulation on there along with dirt rally for getting “that feeling”
I have no cue how to best use the recovery system. Just when I think I'm learning them I realise I still haven't got a clue lol. But on the AC forum there is a guide for the F1 hybrid which could help with the LMP too.

I think I get the gist of the different recovery settings but there are so many and wondered if anyone has found that some work a lot better than others?

Back