AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

Mine does that if I shift with too much vigor. So I've learned to shift lightly. But I still have to screw the shifter down really tight. :lol:
Mine does that shifting lightly, also pedals sometimes lift up when I use clutch pedal too. :lol:

422ffb33f5.jpg

Made a little progress but I'm still not satisfied with this lap.

Gave it another 45min tonight and was happy with the progress, although at least another 1sec that I'll have to search for next session. After just a couple laps on this one and I'm sweating! I ran the 458 @ Nordschleife afterward for a cool-down lap :P, and wasn't nearly as hot and bothered. :lol:

2015-12-09_00002.jpg

So close to dipping into the 53's I'm sure I can, but I just can't seem to string the lap together. I found it interesting how much faster I went down the straight by leaving it in 5th, a good 10kph faster (stock gearing, using a gamepad so automatic clutch).

Try using the 199 mph final gearing. 3rd, 4th and 5th are pretty much perfectly geared for every corner.

I had another go:

F1 GTR Mugello 2.png

Last edited:
Try using the 199 mph final gearing. 3rd, 4th and 5th are pretty much perfectly geared for every corner.

I had another go:

23658926985_09c6738686.jpg
(can anyone see this pic? Not showing on my desktop)

I tried fixing it for you, but it's not liking image linking from that flickr address, for some reason. Why not just upload it here?

Really impressive time. 👍

Do you think there is much left in the car or you already really close to the limit? I had a quick go earlier, seem to massively struggle with tyre temperature.

Not sure how much time is left to be honest. Low 1:50's maybe without doing a load of laps?

You want the tyres at a temperature that helps the car rotate a little mid corner but not not too hot that it reduces the stability on turn in. My first lap is normally at 95% to get the tyres up to temp, and then push on the second. If you push on the third you'll notice the difference, but I was only able to match my time if you keep it together.

You want the tyres at a temperature that helps the car rotate a little mid corner but not not too hot that it reduces the stability on turn in. My first lap is normally at 95% to get the tyres up to temp, and then push on the second. If you push on the third you'll notice the difference, but I was only able to match my time if you keep it together.
I use the tyre warmers so push on the first lap. May give a two lap run a go and see if it gives better grip when I get the chance next to give it a go. Seems only way I will be able to beat your time at the moment is if I somehow manage to keep temperatures down for middle and last sector and do a really lucky lap where everything goes to plan.

I use the tyre warmers so push on the first lap. May give a two lap run a go and see if it gives better grip when I get the chance next to give it a go. Seems only way I will be able to beat your time at the moment is if I somehow manage to keep temperatures down for middle and last sector and do a really lucky lap where everything goes to plan.

I might give tyre warmers a go. But in the mean time, another improvement. :D

F1 GTR Mugello 3.png

Don't act as if you haven't been on the same spaceship as me. :lol:

Where does the last sector start? I'm pretty much flat through the chicane, take as much kerb as possible.
Seem to get thrown out of it when I get to the last sector. :lol:

After the two fast right handers where there is white line across track IIRC. I think I'm close to flat through the corners you mention too, tyres overheating hurts big time in the lower speed corners. Anyway will be happy if I can post a time in the 1:50's, will try and do that with faster first and second sectors than your current fastest time just to be a nuisance.

691b1ec1-1e62-4062-b9b5-37806046eeac_zpso1mzkxz8.jpg

Couple of tenths gained today, using the 199 max speed suggestion. I'd had about 3 tenths quicker than that with combined best laps, so I'm going to aim to try and go under 53.5 tomorrow.

The combo is superb, the track is great. The fast double right in the middle of the lap is fun.

I noticed your top speed is 3k's higher Saidur. If it helps anyone my setup is 199 mph final gear, downforce 3/9 and and front anti roll bar on its lowest setting. Everything else stock.

I think that .2 is my final attempt, although a few corners are a bit scruffy. I'll get a video up tomorrow. :)

I noticed your top speed is 3k's higher Saidur. If it helps anyone my setup is 199 mph final gear, downforce 3/9 and and front anti roll bar on its lowest setting. Everything else stock.

I think that .2 is my final attempt, although a few corners are a bit scruffy. I'll get a video up tomorrow. :)
I was using stock downforce which is 2/8. Don't think I'm going to attempt this one again.

Back