ACC PS4 G29 settings

• Thread starter aaron0288
  • 263 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
aaron0288
Thought I’d get a thread going for this. Just started playing with a practice at Misano with the 488.

These are my current settings -

Gain - 80
Minimum force - 0
Dynamic damping - 100
Road - 0
Steering lock - 720 (don’t like my steering too sensitive)
Steering linearity- 1.00
Brake gamma - 1.00

So far this doesn’t feel as good as AC. Still better than anything else in console mind you. My main gripe is it feels like there is some steering assist going on, especially in the faster corners at Misano. For example, the wheel feels like there’s some force there as you first turn in, but then it goes light and almost feels as if it’s pulling you into a corner. Feels very odd and frankly wrong.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thought I’d get a thread going for this. Just started playing with a practice at Misano with the 488.

These are my current settings -

Gain - 80
Minimum force - 0
Dynamic damping - 100
Road - 0
Steering lock - 720 (don’t like my steering too sensitive)
Steering linearity- 1.00
Brake gamma - 1.00

So far this doesn’t feel as good as AC. Still better than anything else in console mind you. My main gripe is it feels like there is some steering assist going on, especially in the faster corners at Misano. For example, the wheel feels like there’s some force there as you first turn in, but then it goes light and almost feels as if it’s pulling you into a corner. Feels very odd and frankly wrong.

I haven't turned a lap but just went through the menus. Do you have steering assist on or off?
That seems like it would be something to help the controller guys out but not so much for wheel.
I know when I did try to run a lap, my G29 was not working but the pedals were, didn't know if that happened to you and hence you messed with the settings?

My main gripe is it feels like there is some steering assist going on.

Yeah, I was getting this too even with everything turned off.

Oddly when I first booted the game up it was set to 40 degrees. Not a typo. I've also had a random incident where after restarting a race the wheel became almost too stiff to turn with almost no reaction from the front wheels. I changed a single menu option by one click and it was fine...

I haven't turned a lap but just went through the menus. Do you have steering assist on or off?
That seems like it would be something to help the controller guys out but not so much for wheel.
I know when I did try to run a lap, my G29 was not working but the pedals were, didn't know if that happened to you and hence you messed with the settings?

I did actually go to check that. Knowing how many bugs there are in this at the mo thought I’d go turn it off under the controller menu (this should obviously not affect steering wheels!). I didn’t notice any change straight away but have since been lapping on the same circuit with the Lambo and it seems less pronounced... So I really don’t know.

Am getting used to it though and having a lot of fun admittedly. The sounds when you’re sat in the pits are fantastic! This needs lots of polishing but there’s so much potential!

Yeah, I was getting this too even with everything turned off.

Oddly when I first booted the game up it was set to 40 degrees. Not a typo. I've also had a random incident where after restarting a race the wheel became almost too stiff to turn with almost no reaction from the front wheels. I changed a single menu option by one click and it was fine...
That 40 degree thing happened to me after I switched from DS4 back to the G29 that had been set to 540. Just changing it back to 540 fixed it.

Sorted my wheel out, it helps if you give it power. :dopey:
I ran about 5 laps at Spa, returned to the pit box and went back out for 1-2 more and noticed the wheel felt a little lighter.
Not sure what caused this.

Have the same thing, drives me nuts :lol:
Hope to find a way around it or hopefully it’s a big and it will get patched.
So far AC feels much better :indiff:

Edit: Seems like turning off the controller steering assist actually helped! :lol:

Edit2: Or not :boggled:

Last edited:
Only had an hour or so with the game so far, will test it out better tomorrow after work, but I haven't managed to get G29 FFB working properly yet.

Default gain makes the steering very light. At 100% it rattles, around 75 to 80% seemed ok (and a couple of clicks of minimum force seem to help remove the deadzone). But I feel absolutely nothing on low kerbs and ondulations. Played around with road effects but didn't get them to work well. I know G29 doesn't have the best FFB, but it doesn't seem to be configured (or working) correctly.

Anyone else can share their G29 settings? Anyone else with the same FFB issues?

Also, it appears there's no way to add some braking saturation so those of us with the default rubber stopper don't have to stomp our feet on the brake pedal, right?

Last edited:
I am still playing around with my g920 which is the same wheel but xbox.

Gain 100
Min force 12
Road effects 33
Dynamic damping 50

Early days so I will try more settings later but I find the ffb a bit weak compared to other games where I usually run the gain about 45.

It’s interesting isn’t it. Initially I said this doesn’t feel as good as AC. Either that’s true, or it’s just taken me, and in that case all of us, a little time to get used to how ACC feels... Muscle memory and all that. Just like it takes time for me to get used to Battlefield after playing a bit of Far Cry for example.

As I said before, this still feels miles better than anything else out there. Good to know the minimum force option has got rid of some of the deadzone. Can’t say it bothers me too much but I’ll give it a go at 1% increments.

I’ve yet to play any more since the Lambo last night but really started to get used to it and had a blast in a couple of races. Still had slight ‘pulling’ in fast corners... And I really think an FOV setting would help with general feeling as well. Hopefully in next patch! Although the other worry with patches is once I’ve got my settings dialled in and used to the feel, they fiddle around with it in a new update...

Not sure if I’ll get a chance to go on again today but next thing to do would be to test different cars and tracks. As Kunos have said, each car has a very different feel to them. So post what car/cars you’ve been using too.

Both lambos, mclaren and the amg so far for my tests. The amg feels heavier through the wheel. The mclaren is a blast to drive.

I‘m on G29 too and will test the setting you named in the First post.
Till now I don’t find any good setting...hoping there will be a patch :/

I've been playing with wheel settings but so far the main impression is its just utterly numb. I can't feel a wheel lock, slide, kerb, if I'm on the edge of traction etc. It goes (roughly) where I point it but its a long, long way from feeling anything like a real car.

I would love it if we could get ffb anywhere near what it was like in AC. Maybe I can get used to it, but I’m sure it can’t be considered an improvement

Ok,here's what I think is great
Steering lock 540 degrees
This works great with T300rs, TMX,TX also
Let me know what you guys think?

Only had an hour or so with the game so far, will test it out better tomorrow after work, but I haven't managed to get G29 FFB working properly yet.

Default gain makes the steering very light. At 100% it rattles, around 75 to 80% seemed ok (and a couple of clicks of minimum force seem to help remove the deadzone). But I feel absolutely nothing on low kerbs and ondulations. Played around with road effects but didn't get them to work well. I know G29 doesn't have the best FFB, but it doesn't seem to be configured (or working) correctly.

Anyone else can share their G29 settings? Anyone else with the same FFB issues?

Also, it appears there's no way to add some braking saturation so those of us with the default rubber stopper don't have to stomp our feet on the brake pedal, right?

I agree. I'm not sure if adjusting the brake gamma will help with the brake pedal(?). I did a brief search last night, and the consensus is to leave it a "1" so it's linear. If that's the case, I hope the developers consider adding a brake and accelerator sensitivity feature as a patch.

Does anyone think lowering the Dynamic Dampening and upping the Minimum Force will help with feeling the other details (curbs, marbles, grass, etc.)?

I didn't mess around too much, as I was trying to learn a couple of tracks I haven't raced on in ages (Zolder and Zandvoort). I currently have Gain and Road Effects at 95%. Everything else is default.

I also tried using my G29 in ACC and couldn't get it to feel nearly as good as the T150. Was really frustrated and disappointed with the game until I got the FFB settings sorted on the T150. Game feels awesome now in spite of the occasional input lag.

For TM T150 I have:

100 gain
0 minimum
25 road
100 dynamic damping
Steering lock 900
1.00 steering linearity
1.00 brake gamma

Hopefully G29 users will get the FFB sorted out to their liking, as I just couldn't get it to work well enough for me.

Also, make sure you have total FFB effects set to 100 in the Thrustmaster software for the T150. That definitely made a difference in the overall quality of the feedback in ACC. It was set to 75 by default. Setting the steering lock to 900 in game also helped greatly.

Last edited:
Some wheel rotation settings from discord if it helps
Screenshot_20200624-211015.png

Hello everyone :D I might've stumbled on something here :D G29 user here having the same problem with the wheel being "weightless" it's totally driving me nuts as I mostly oversteer it because of it being so easy to turn :( btw when you're in pits before setting off press ps button on the wheel to get into ps4 main menu and then straightaway go back to ACC and you'll feel the difference :) proper FFB but from my experience the degree is at 900 and if you go into setting then you lose that proper FFB. I don't know I might just get used to 900 degree with FFB than 620 without feeling a thing :D anyone care to try it and share your experience ? :)

I just cannot get on with this tonight. I’ve tried various settings posted on here, but my settings in my original post are still (for me) the best. I cannot get rid of this feeling of the wheel suddenly going light in some corners. No resistance whatsoever in the corner, right at the point where you need to feel what the car is doing. Zandvoort was almost impossible for me. There’s just no feeling there. Numb is definitely the word. It’s so inconsistent as I had a good feeling last night with the Lambo at Misano. Same car in Zandvoort a day later felt awful.

I have to go back to saying that AC had much better feel for me. If I could have that feeling in this I’d be happy. At the mo, I feel there’s lots of tweaking ahead and tbh, it’s getting a bit tiresome. I just want to enjoy driving in this game and right now I just don’t.

Ok, I too have experienced this weird tug I to the corner. I too had to restart the game after I stepped away to feed my dogs. All in all I was gone 30min. My steering got really stiff and just restarted the game and it was fixed.

The pulling issue felt weird. I probably had it happen like 3 times over the course of 2 hours. It's very noticeable but doesn't cause me any lose of control it's just very unnatural.

Been tinkering with the settings for the last 2.5 hours and I still cannot get the G29 FFB to behave as I would like. Managed to increase the weight to an acceptable level (would like a bit more) without the "jumps" or "spikes" I get with 100% gain. But I still feel absolutely nothing over low kerbs... :nervous:

My settings so far:
Gain 85
Minimum force 12
Dynamic damping 0
Road effects 15
Steering lock 540

Thanks for posting your settings. Will give them a go later on. There’s got to be an issue here surely? Just no weight, feeling or resistance whatever I seem to do. Plus the awful pulling into corners. And the power is there in the G29... Not having the excuse from Kunos that it’s purely weaker than other wheels as it’s fine in other games, namely their own previous racer - AC!!

Plus I’ve also had the bug where going to the PS4 menu mid race, then straight back to the game, gives me no force feedback but a solid feel to the wheel itself. I could honestly drive much better than with force feedback! as there was plenty of resistance, thus giving me some feel in the corners. As soon as I go into the wheel settings menu again the ff comes back, but there has to be a bug/multiple bugs with the G29 feeling. I just don’t believe this is the feeling PC users have been raving about for the past 2 years.

As seen in other threads, having to change the steering ratio for each car every time is a bit ridiculous.

I’m going to use the bug report form for these today. Then at least they might get looked in to.

Thanks for posting your settings. Will give them a go later on. There’s got to be an issue here surely? Just no weight, feeling or resistance whatever I seem to do. Plus the awful pulling into corners. And the power is there in the G29... Not having the excuse from Kunos that it’s purely weaker than other wheels as it’s fine in other games, namely their own previous racer - AC!!

Plus I’ve also had the bug where going to the PS4 menu mid race, then straight back to the game, gives me no force feedback but a solid feel to the wheel itself. I could honestly drive much better than with force feedback! as there was plenty of resistance, thus giving me some feel in the corners. As soon as I go into the wheel settings menu again the ff comes back, but there has to be a bug/multiple bugs with the G29 feeling. I just don’t believe this is the feeling PC users have been raving about for the past 2 years.

As seen in other threads, having to change the steering ratio for each car every time is a bit ridiculous.

I’m going to use the bug report form for these today. Then at least they might get looked in to.

That's what I just said a bit earlier in the thread :) with solid wheel I started doing faster laps by 2 seconds :D

Hello everyone :D I might've stumbled on something here :D G29 user here having the same problem with the wheel being "weightless" it's totally driving me nuts as I mostly oversteer it because of it being so easy to turn :( btw when you're in pits before setting off press ps button on the wheel to get into ps4 main menu and then straightaway go back to ACC and you'll feel the difference :) proper FFB but from my experience the degree is at 900 and if you go into setting then you lose that proper FFB. I don't know I might just get used to 900 degree with FFB than 620 without feeling a thing :D anyone care to try it and share your experience ? :)

That's what I just said a bit earlier in the thread :) with solid wheel I started doing faster laps by 2 seconds :D

You did! Just seen that. Mad really isn’t it. Hopefully these bugs will get ironed out over the coming months, but it’s frustrating they just went ahead and released it like this. Should’ve known really with how long AC on console took to iron out some bugs. Then it was just abandoned. I’m holding out hope for this though as there’s a fantastic game in there.

I do think FOV option would help with feel too. I like the cockpit cam with no wheel and the FOV is just too narrow at the mo.

The whole wheel pulling issues seems very track dependent to me.

Driving the AMG some tracks such as Kyalami, Zolder, Brands Hatch, Suzuka feel alright, only slight pulling in the fast kinks.

But on the other hand Mount Panorama, Silverstone and Eau Rouge/Radillion at Spa feel very bad.

It feels a bit like the effect of bumps, dips and elevation changes are overblown on some tracks.

But it seems that not everyone is getting it, even on same wheels.

I think it’s easiest to spot at Silverstone, especially Abbey into Farm Curve, car pretty much drives itself there

On top of that FFB is very numb, nowhere near as much detail as AC

There's no need to change the degrees of wheel rotation for each car. Since the G29 acknowledges 900 degrees of rotation, you should set it at 900 degrees initially. You want to do this so you have more precision when you steer.

If you want a car to steer faster or slower, change the steering ratio for the car under the setup menu while at the track.

Last edited:
This works (almost) wonders on my G29, PS4 slim, with Ferrari 488 and Lexus RCF in particular:

100 gain
0 minimum
65 road
150 dynamic damping
Steering lock 570
1.00 steering linearity
1.90 brake gamma

The post I put on earlier seems to work cos if you have the Ferrari at 480 degrees and jump in the 911 it's way to quick.
Very car specific.

Also with no proper brake calibration you have the stiff pedal if you've got a G920.

Keeping the brake gamma at 1.0 is just about ok. Any more than 1.0 and you have to stand on it too much.

Back