ACC PS4 G29 settings

• Thread starter aaron0288
  • 263 comments
Are any of the people saying the game is fun using a different wheel than a G29? Because the G29 just doesn't have the right setting. The wheel is either super light, jerky, or dead. It reminds me of how Gran Turismo 2 used to feel with the old school wheels.. just shake your hands a bit without any actual feedback.

G29.

I found that I start clipping with the gain at 75. I keep it at 70.

Dynamic damping is at 50. I tried it at 80 and it didn't feel good. So I went down and found it to be good but I might adjust it up a little.

Road effects I started high at 70 and now I use 40 but I think I'll still go down.

Okay someone posted a video earlier on and I gave those settings a go but after some experimenting I settled with these settings linked below. I used the 2018 Bentley and was at Zolder. It seemed fine about what I'd expect my g29 to be able to do? I was stringing some good laps together, nothing amazing but it's my first few hours playing this game and coming from GT sport the results I am getting on ACC seems realistic to what my ability is. It is my skill and experience limiting me now, not the equipment.
20200627_153206.jpg

Last edited:
In game press the PS button and go back in, worked for me after I start in the pit. Full FFB from there onwards. Its defo a bug and not working properly but this work around means you get the FFB. So happy as I was really confused at how light the steering was before hand. Get it done

This definitely works for me! Thanks! Cleary a bug that needs to be adressed by KS and 505. This like night and day.
I also getting 40º of rotation settings when I start the game... But since I saved a wheel's setting that is comfortable to me, this solved this question for me.

Are any of the people saying the game is fun using a different wheel than a G29? Because the G29 just doesn't have the right setting. The wheel is either super light, jerky, or dead. It reminds me of how Gran Turismo 2 used to feel with the old school wheels.. just shake your hands a bit without any actual feedback.

As mentioned by Bigdaddy82, try pressing PS button, going into PS4 initial screen, then go back to ACC pressing X button. Immediately you will feel more weight at G29.

That’s not how it should be though. That’s just how the wheel feels when you first plug it into the PS4. So it’s in fact a bug itself, not the other way round. You’re not actually getting any in game force feedback at all from that. I wouldn’t get too used to it either as they’ll most likely patch it out.

Agreed guys, that PS button is actually not a fix. The wheel feel without the PS button is actually how it should feel. I have played with settings and after a 30ish laps or so it feels natural now. So dont get used to the PS button thing as it will eventually be fixed and removed and you'll start all over again.

From what I’ve posted in the “wheel going light” thread, if you’re getting this it’s because of clipping. And the culprit is the Gain setting. So even though these wheels don’t have the strongest FFB, do not set it at 100. I’m at 60 at the mo and still get the odd clipping in fast corners where the car bottoms out, but it’s much better and haven’t lost a great deal of wheel resistance tbh (you’ll be able to see if your wheel is clipping by looking at the bar labelled FF underneath your throttle and brake bar, bottom right. When it goes red, wheel is clipping).

I’m sure you could eradicate it completely by lowering even further.

Hopefully it’s a bug as Aris himself has suggested putting Gain at or near to 100 for PC users.

These feel like my final settings now if anyone would like to use them -

Gain - 60
Min force - 2
Damping - 100
Road - 20
Steering lock set to specific cars.

Having a hard time enjoying the game with the brake pedal issue on my G29. Any suggestions guys. I noticed increasing the abs seemed to help a bit but not much. Hard to play the game when you have to put your foot down so hard to brake even at 80-90%

I know this is going to sound crazy, yet have you tried lowering the brake pressure from the setup menu? I've noticed this shortens the brake distance (more or less when you play with the ABS settings, depending on which tire set you use, track, and track conditions). Default is 100% brake pressure for stable and aggressive setups.

Gain - 60
Min force - 2
Damping - 100
Road - 20

Pretty close to what I'm running at the moment. Only differences are that my gain is at 55, and min force is 11. Generally pretty happy with it, even if it is a little lighter than I would like.

Ill have a shot at how things feel dropping the min force, in a little bit

Thought I’d get a thread going for this. Just started playing with a practice at Misano with the 488.

These are my current settings -

Gain - 80
Minimum force - 0
Dynamic damping - 100
Road - 0
Steering lock - 720 (don’t like my steering too sensitive)
Steering linearity- 1.00
Brake gamma - 1.00

So far this doesn’t feel as good as AC. Still better than anything else in console mind you. My main gripe is it feels like there is some steering assist going on, especially in the faster corners at Misano. For example, the wheel feels like there’s some force there as you first turn in, but then it goes light and almost feels as if it’s pulling you into a corner. Feels very odd and frankly wrong.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I have the same feeling. Steering feels light. No feedback. Will try your settings. I’ll get back to you

From what I’ve posted in the “wheel going light” thread, if you’re getting this it’s because of clipping. And the culprit is the Gain setting. So even though these wheels don’t have the strongest FFB, do not set it at 100. I’m at 60 at the mo and still get the odd clipping in fast corners where the car bottoms out, but it’s much better and haven’t lost a great deal of wheel resistance tbh (you’ll be able to see if your wheel is clipping by looking at the bar labelled FF underneath your throttle and brake bar, bottom right. When it goes red, wheel is clipping).

I’m sure you could eradicate it completely by lowering even further.

Hopefully it’s a bug as Aris himself has suggested putting Gain at or near to 100 for PC users.

These feel like my final settings now if anyone would like to use them -

Gain - 60
Min force - 2
Damping - 100
Road - 20

Is it not also possible that it is dips in the track surface and if you hit it at the right time you get the light feeling. Some long sweeping bends I found if I took certain lines it would go light but if I took a slightly different line it would be fine. Is the laser scan technology giving us the realistic track surface causing wheels to lift if you take it a certain line?

Is it not also possible that it is dips in the track surface and if you hit it at the right time you get the light feeling. Some long sweeping bends I found if I took certain lines it would go light but if I took a slightly different line it would be fine. Is the laser scan technology giving us the realistic track surface causing wheels to lift if you take it a certain line?

Yes that probably is why, but it’s the very reason the wheel doesn’t seem to be able to cope with it. Almost as if the track is too realistic for the wheel to cope with lol. So yes, basically big bumps/divots in the track at high speed are going to cause the G29 to clip at high Gain settings.

Gain - 80%
Minimum Force - 12%
Dynamic Damping - 40%
Road Effects - 20%

Steer lock - 540
Steer linearity - 1.00
Brake Gamma - 1.90

These are my current settings for now. I think something like steering lock comes down to personal preference.

Thank you for the settings!

I was really fustrated with ACC on PS4 with G29. I tried all kinds of FFB combinations. Finally 80/12/40/20 works for me. FFB is maybe not so strong as in GT Sport but the feeling is much better. I would say even scary if you get into it.

Steering lock should be changed for every car. For example I use 820 degrees for Porsche, 740 for Audi and 650 for Merc.

I left brake gamma to 1.00 because I use GTEye springs mod for all pedals and the brake is quite stiff. I have to press the pedal with quite a force to get 100% and I like this way. More like a real car brakes.

Finally, I'm so bad in GT Sport after a day of ACC. I lost 4-5 sec of my track time. It takes time to get used to numb GT Sport FFB and completely driving style. Before ACC I thought GT Sport is a pretty good sim :)

Edited:

I also get occasional odd light wheel feeling in some corners. As others mentioned, it can happen because of FFB clipping. I lowered Gain fro. 80 to 75 and it's better. I might even go to 70 because the clipping still happens, but very rarely.

Last edited:
Played the game almost a week now. The steering with the g29 just doesn't give you the feedback you should get. Just played a little bit assetto corsa (the old game) the difference of the ffb is like day and night, so much better. I hope they can fix it. Its hard to enjoy the game. The option to use clutchpedal as brakepedal would be nice too.

Lol nope, not for everything. I just want to know which ones I should prioritize.
They need to allow you to press two buttons at once to open up more combinations. Such a compromise atm! I have auto lights and auto wipers turned on but manual start and pit limiter so I need three buttons to assign those. TC up/down, abs up/down, look behind and to each side, cycle through the mfds and they are nearly all used up. Think i assigned my hazards and then that's about it. I'm not loving it and still working out the best way to do it!

Following on from my last post of settings, I have tweaked them since and been having lots of fun. I will add buttons mapping as well to help you guys out too.

Gain - 60
Minimum force - 10
Dynamic damping - 0
Road effects - 20
Steering ratio - car dependant (save presets to make this easy to change)
Steering and brake linearity 1.00

In terms of button mapping, I have all lights, pit limiter, wipers, engine ignition/start etc mapped just fine.

Ignition - triangle
Starter - circle
Pit limiter - enter button (big one in the middle of the red dial)
Toggle wiper - R2
Cycle wiper - R3 (whether this is bugged or not, but doesn’t seem to work. Have to go into MFD to cycle still)
Cycle secondary display - L3
Increase traction control - red dial to the right
Decrease traction control - red dial to the left
Increase ABS - (+ button)
Decrease ABS - (- button)
Cycle light stages - L2
Cycle camera - up on d-pad
Look left - left on d-pad
Look right - right on d-pad
Look back - down on d-pad
Cycle MFD - square

Feel free to map wherever suits you best but shows that you can get a lot in there and turn pit limiter, engine start, wipers and lights to manual. First two definitely saves a lot of time in the pits. And obviously the MFD has all of these plus things like brake bias etc that can’t be mapped.

Hope this helps.

How did you guys map the buttons
I've decided to go simple and then build from there.
- first I had everything auto (starter, lights, etc.).
- then I mapped cycle HUD MFD to +, from which I can access most things.
- then I changed to manual start and mapped ignition to square and starter to X
- next I put cycle headlights to 'right'

I'll keep building in this way. Pit limiter is likely next on the list.

if you want manual start does this also mean you have manual ignition and therefore you need 2 buttons?
I've mapped TC and ABS to the d-pad, lights, flash, pit limiter, and change view. The MFD button is essential tho, and you can the then scroll through everything with the d-pad

ACC and the old game feel pretty similar to me.

How did you guys map the buttons on the face of the wheel? This is something I’m still tweaking. I’ll post mine soon.

They need to allow you to press two buttons at once to open up more combinations. Such a compromise atm! I have auto lights and auto wipers turned on but manual start and pit limiter so I need three buttons to assign those. TC up/down, abs up/down, look behind and to each side, cycle through the mfds and they are nearly all used up. Think i assigned my hazards and then that's about it. I'm not loving it and still working out the best way to do it!

I gave them some feedback regarding this seeing if they could patch in the ps4 keyboard so we can utilize it

I know xbox already have it place so fingers crossed they can for ps4

if you want manual start does this also mean you have manual ignition and therefore you need 2 buttons?
I've mapped TC and ABS to the d-pad, lights, flash, pit limiter, and change view. The MFD button is essential tho, and you can the then scroll through everything with the d-pad

I use mfd for ingnition and ”enter” button for engine start.

Last edited:
With my current settings, I’m finding it incredibly difficult to predict when the car’s about to lose balance and rotate on me. Which means it’s rather hard to push the car to its limits.

While it could just be me being crap, I feel there’s still something missing from the feel of the G29 that’s really limiting what I can do in this game. It’s affecting all of my driver ratings as I’m finding it hard to catch a spin. When watching people with direct drive Fanatecs, it looks so much easier for them to catch the car when on the edge.

Anyone experiencing the same? My settings are a few posts above. Notice anything that could be dampening the oversteer feel?

With my current settings, I’m finding it incredibly difficult to predict when the car’s about to lose balance and rotate on me. Which means it’s rather hard to push the car to its limits.

While it could just be me being crap, I feel there’s still something missing from the feel of the G29 that’s really limiting what I can do in this game. It’s affecting all of my driver ratings as I’m finding it hard to catch a spin. When watching people with direct drive Fanatecs, it looks so much easier for them to catch the car when on the edge.

Anyone experiencing the same? My settings are a few posts above. Notice anything that could be dampening the oversteer feel?

I'm on a G29 and running career at pro level in the Audi and I'm competitive - won both rounds at Zolder, 2 2nd's at Brands and just got pole at the 1st session at Misano.

My settings aren't much different to yours except I'm running dynamic damping at 100. I'm catching some pretty big momentum entry oversteers... for example, in to the fast right handers on the back side of Brands.

I gave up tying to play AC with a G29 and bought a T300, but I'm not finding any issues with ACC.

Back