Accuforce Steering Wheel Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 308 comments
Then my main gripe with most racing wheels will be gone with this wheel. I love the T500, but I don't really feel the surface bumps when it's centered.
Gah, want it even more now. If only that price would come down a bit.

The only downside of the Accuforce from what my friends who own it tell me is it is SO DAMN ADJUSTABLE it can be hard to get dialed in. But man, I want one. :lol:

Well, that and the price. :)
I suppose there are tons of downloadable user created profiles for the different games and cars?

DD wheels can have no dead-zone or they can be adjusted to have plenty, it's handled via driver software or the game settings as desired. The motor itself has no discernible dead-zone.

Direct-drive systems have the wheel mounted to the motor shaft and eliminates any play inherent in gear and/or belt systems. It is the "direct" application of FFB forces to the wheel.

There are downloadable user profiles but probably better to define your own to your liking. The AccuForce is great being used without a profile at all, but it is even more awesome when you do. You can feel the bumps down straights no problem but I tend to use a profile that exaggerates them a bit for even more immersion. :-)

The only downside of the Accuforce from what my friends who own it tell me is it is SO DAMN ADJUSTABLE it can be hard to get dialed in. But man, I want one. :lol:
Actually, tuning the AF is not as hard as most think; yes, SC4 has many parameters that can be adjusted but, using only a few of the right ones generally works with most games and once you understand how those work - it's really very simple.

MockRacer has written a Guide that explains what settings in SC4 to focus on. http://www.mockracer.com/2015/07/accuforce-settings-for-dummies.html

Then my main gripe with most racing wheels will be gone with this wheel. I love the T500, but I don't really feel the surface bumps when it's centered.
Gah, want it even more now. If only that price would come down a bit.

Indepent from the game FFB you can dial in how much road bumps and road noise you want to feel. That's the beauty of the AF. You can have a very light wheel, which reacts very strong to roadbumps or have a wheel with very strong FFB which hardly reacts to roadbumps or curbs. And offcourse everything in between :lol:

All adjustments can be made on the fly using the Simcommander 4 HUD.

Stay away from this wheel, I have had one for 1.5 years and have had to repolace every component because of connectivity issues. THe worst thing about this wheel is the wiring and poor workmanship. The polugs are so delivate that the solder breaks off the ppins on the mother leaving you sideways in the middle of the race when the wheel shorts out and has a mind of its own... Crap Crap Crap

Back