Accuforce Steering Wheel Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 308 comments
just out of curiosity, what is the AccuForce usage in the Sim Racing community? are there a lot of users? feedback? what pedal and shifter work with the AccuForce BASE+WHEEL?

Hmmm the exact amount of wheels sold hasnt beeen released publicly. AAAnd you just reminded me that I need to get an adapter for my clubsport shifter to use for pc heh. I am using a CSW v2 so i just plug the shifter into that buuut i don't know if the accuforce has an input. i think it has usb inputs.

I doubt it has fanatec adapters. But Fanatec sell their own and there is also mrbasher that got me an adapter so it´s not an issue. Just get standalone usb shifters and pedals and you are fine.

It´s a bit surprising it got ultra quiet when people already have gotten theirs.

The feedback on the AF is still very much alive, but it's mostly on the Iracing forum as many of the guys that pre-ordered it are die-hard Iracers. Althought the actual number of sales has not been released, i suspected there is only a very limited amount of AF that are actually send out to the end users.

At the moment batch 2 is being produced and it's still pre-order only. As of batch 3 (order date from 21-1-2015) any body can order the weel.

Feedback on the Iracing forum is VERY positive. I haven't seen one single negative comment on the AF yet. Almost everybody is blown away by the feedback of the wheel. Myself i still have to wait untill the end of may to receive it and experience first hand how good this wheel really is. Currently the waiting list has gone up to augustus and for us european guys the wheel gets more expensive every day due to the weak euro.

You CAN use the Fanatec gear with the AF, but you need to connect the CSPv2 directly to the USB.

For the CSS-SQ and CSHB you need a fanatec USB adapter.

The AF has two USB ports

1. One the wheel/buttonbox that connects through a splip ring to the wheelbase
2. One USB port at the back of the wheelbase.

Both have their own connection to the PC.

thank you @HoiHman apprecIate your great reply with such wonderful information, useful, since there is not much online to read about AF compatible accessories, and etc, which you pointed out. yes, indeed feedback seems very positive but AF is pricey :)) but it seems if $$$ no issue this is "the wheel" to go with with most realistic feedback. at least from reviews i have read and seen.

Checking in here as I have ordered an AF wheel but it's batch 4 - July/August time - so it's a long hard wait...

It seems that there are reviews in iRacing forums. Consensus is : that wheel is from another league/galaxy (seen on RaceDepartment forums)

When you see this you can understand that the wheel is able to make you feel hight detailed FFB.

The comments on that YouTube video are priceless.

Waiting sucks. Been waiting now 4 years for equipment to come in. Always ********** waiting. Bah. Bad mood.

Yeah, seems like all high simracing equipment is taking ages to be delivered to your door step.
It really drives me crazy

This little guy couldn't take it anymore :D LOL :lol:

sRkyeId.jpg

Waiting sucks. Been waiting now 4 years for equipment to come in. Always ********** waiting. Bah. Bad mood.
You've been waiting 4 years for what wheel? This is why I don't bother with the ultra-high end stuff and this is probably why you need an invitation code from Fanatec to even be in line to get a V2 wheel base from them.

But to be completely fair the T500 at release was pretty short of demands and it's not ultra-high end.

Yeah, seems like all high simracing equipment is taking ages to be delivered to your door step.
It really drives me crazy

This little guy couldn't take it anymore :D LOL :lol:

sRkyeId.jpg

That's how I feel when I order anything and I have to wait for it to arrive.

But to be completely fair the T500 at release was pretty short of demands and it's not ultra-high end.

When you consider the other wheels on the market were primarily the G27 and GT2/GT3RS it was pretty high-end for it's moment. :lol:

I mean, I guess you could get a FREX or a ECCI, but that was pre Bodnar wheel, right?

some funny thoughts about the AF wheel.
I ordered one last week. I hate wait. I want wheel. I must pass the time.

Hey, just thought of something I see a lot on this site: angry g27 trolls. They'd come out of the woodwork and tell us all how foolish we are for considering this expensive wheel, when all we need is the g27, followed by their testimonial on a high end wheel which they "had" but broke, so they stayed with G27... har har. -just had to speculate the possibility...

Nah, I think the AF wheel is going to be the end-all of wheels for the foreseeable future. I dont see how completely customizable and next-to-real life wheel handling can be outdone by another wheel. Sim Xperience nailed it head on on all categories. From what I read so far, most of the guys who've tried it and written about it admit to cursing in disbelief when they first try it. A geek out moment indeed.
Kind of a nice thing they've done flying low under consumer level radar, and instead, targeted the purists and enthusiasts of the sim racing niche'.

I'd loose my sh**T if they announced Gran Turismo 7 would natively support the AF wheel with an update or something like that, but for now I'm just like all the other schmucks waiting on batch 4 to ship. iracing, assetto corsa, and seasonal gt6 events with my t500 are the summer lineup for this patient guy right here.

Last edited:
When you consider the other wheels on the market were primarily the G27 and GT2/GT3RS it was pretty high-end for it's moment. :lol:

I mean, I guess you could get a FREX or a ECCI, but that was pre Bodnar wheel, right?
By "ultra-high end" I mean things like any Frex wheel or the AccuForce wheel. The T500 is still pretty high end even with recent wheels and the G27 is still a popular mid-range wheel.

By "ultra-high end" I mean things like any Frex wheel or the AccuForce wheel. The T500 is still pretty high end even with recent wheels and the G27 is still a popular mid-range wheel.

Oh yeah, it's not really the high end any more, the direct drive wheels really changed the game. I meant back in 2010. :)

iRacing has a substantial Direct-Drive community made up of AF, Bodnar, and OSW users. Some of the comparisons are quite interesting. I have been fortunate to be able to use the AccuForce in depth with quite a few titles and it is an amazing hardware/software combination. Comparisons to wheels other than Direct-drive aren't even fair IMO.

The OSW or Bodnar options are still going to be the torque kings if that's your thing but, SimXperience does offer a custom Team version for cases where the Pro isn't powerful enough. Personally, I don't see the need for that much power; I used the AF at about 50% strength except for the occasional short session at 60-70% just to see what it's like.

I do think that the AccuForce has a significant advantage in combination with SimCommander4. It makes the wheel so much more customizable to suit ones performance requirements whether it be for fast laps / consistency, immersion, or both. It really is something that one has to try to fully understand just how capable these wheels are and how much they can enhance the experience. More immersive FFB doesn't have to come at the cost of sacrificing lap times.

Barry does a fantastic job of digging into the hardware. I would've liked to hear him talk more about the software side because I think it's what really makes the package stand out but, great job as usual.

Indeed fantastic in-depth review of the product in general and what a product it is.
The guy is such a gentleman in his delivery and presentation.

Last edited:
Just got in the rig, fired everything up:

- Amps
- CSWv2
- GS-4
- Motionsystem
- Dashmeter pro

and all i want to do now is watch the review from Barry :D

He is driving with:
- Accuforce wheel
- Simpedals
- ARC team carbon shifter

Nice set-up :lol:

Anyway, great review of the AFW !
I am still looking for more detailed feedbacks on using this wheel with Project Cars as most available videos focus on iracing.

Last edited:
He is driving with:
- Accuforce wheel
- Simpedals

I am still looking for more detailed feedbacks on using this wheel with Project Cars as most available videos focus on iracing.

That's like asking ISIS to review the Bible...

He is driving with:
- Accuforce wheel
- Simpedals

I have used the AF with Pcars and the results were surprisingly good along with other titles. It showed me that there is more to Pcars physics than many people seem to believe. SC4 allows for incredibly customizable FFB with or without the game-provided FFB. Unlike many competitive Sim-racers, I play mostly for immersion but, the AF can fill both roles amazingly well. I have also used the AF with AC, rF2, LFS, GSCE, and R3E more recently.

Yes, most AF users focus on iRacing but, users of other titles are growing in numbers too. There are a few of us over at WMD and the AC forums. iRacing certainly has a large direct-drive user base and iR provides the best-optimized experience with that type of wheel IMO. I believe that iRacing is the only title to date where developers have worked directly with DD wheel makers to optimize their use. It really highlights just how effective the increased dynamics of the hardware and software combination truly is when you can clearly feel different tire's flex characteristics, curb angle/steepness/etc.

That experience is a revelation in game FFB that raises one's standard regarding what defines "Great FFB". The connection with the car through such a wheel is on a whole new level. Coming from using a G25 or a CSWv1, it's a mind-blowing experience.:)

Latest Posts

Back